Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come hither all ye who have dissed Tony Sanneh in the past. Those who have doubted, those who have scorned, those who have cast aspersions, come forth and pay homage.

I'll go first.

Tony I beg your forgiveness for suggesting earlier in the year that you were washed up and should be dropped from the U.S. national team roster.

Your performance in Korea was awesome. Your 80-yard run up the field against Germany where you stole the pass, dribbled 60 yards, passed and came within a hair of heading the return cross into the net was breathtaking. If only you'd directed your last header a little to the right, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
Sanneh deserves to be our defensive MVP by shutting down everything that went his side! He even had time and energy to clear the middle and involved with attacks!

His rise to stardom was only inches away, if only his header did not hit the side netting instead!

Sanneh and Coly of Senegal, the best two right backs in this tournament! :star:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Tony's my man of the Cup. Friedel came up huge, but a lot, no, a whole lot of attacks were difused by Sanneh's defense. I also take back everything I've said about you. You da man.:cool:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
PURE CLASS

Lav

·
Registered
674 Posts
Defensive MVP?

Sorry OSF, you're wrong! Tony Sanneh does NOT deserve to be our defensive MVP!

Tony Sanneh IS our MVP. . . both ways. Period.

I wish I could pull up the posts I made up last summer. We saw him lin person last April in the Kansas City qualifier against Costa Rico. Watching him in person for a whole game made me much less nervous about him. Sometime in August or September he won me over and not only didn't scare me anymore, I wanted the opposing team's threats to be near him. I still didn't give him his due because he looks so ungainly. Nonetheless, in the Nike Road to the Cup and in the W/C he was absolutely perfect. Were there any plays, Ballack's goal included, that he could have played much better?

I ate crow previously on this board before for Sanneh, so I don't have to now. He's a World Class player!

Oldplayer

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sanneh was awesome!
Any Pablo Masteroni shrines?? this guy played awesome and made the US a better team when he played.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts