Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mowbray agrees to join Baggies

ALBION are delighted to announce that Tony Mowbray has agreed to become the club's new manager.

He will take up his Albion duties on Wednesday.

Mowbray will keep a watching brief during the Baggies' next two fixtures at Ipswich tomorrow (Saturday) and away to Crystal Palace on Tuesday.

Caretaker manager Nigel Pearson will remain in charge of first-team affairs until after the Palace trip.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know much about his career, results, but in forums people say he loves to keep a young team, so I wonder what will happend with Perry, Watson, Philips and especially Zuberbuhler who I think should be replaced in january.

And is it true he also likes attacking formations ? Perhaps we'r about to see WB play 4-3-3 :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
The Green One said:
Congratulations, you've signed an excellent manager. I look forward to seeing you in the Premiership next season
I wouldn't be so sure about that, sadly Hoofball is generally more succesful than good football in the Championship.

Good appointment though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Hes a talented enough manager to play football and still achieve promotion. Even Keegan managed it remember ;)

I see an offencive team, even with older players such as Zuberbuhler, Watson and Perry. Mowbray is smart enough to mix experience with youth. The reason Hibs were such a young side was due to a lack of finance and an awesome academy. Expect to see some youngsters, but Mowbray will be delighted to have some top Championship level players at his disposal

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I'll echo here what I said in the Scottish forum.

Mowbray is a real forward thinker, and what he achieved with Hibs' standard of football was nothing short of incredible given the lack of resources. They played really effective, energetic passing football with a very young squad.

I reckon the Baggies are in for some good times with this guy in the dugout.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I really cant wait.

If we can beat Ipswich away 5-1 without Mowbray, just how many would we have scored if he had been in charge? ;)

If hes as good as the hype then we are in for some good times hopefully.

We even played with 3 midfield attacking players v Ipswich, Gera, Greening and Koumas.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
If west brom can stay in the hunt for promotion - then I think TM has a good chance of raiding Hibs for their talent in january, they have a number of decent players in their side who would be more than suitable for WBA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts