Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a wonderful first season and certainly not making comparisons to the legendary Gabriel Batistuta.But can Luca Toni have a similar influence in Florence to what the Argentine legend did?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Maybe someone can tell us what kind of influence did Batistuta make in his first few seasons?

For Toni, at least so far in this season, he plays one of, if not the most, important role in turning a relegation-prospect team into a Champions League contender.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
i dont think anyone can do what batigol did for us - as a young prospect he went down a division to stay with us. he bled for florence.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I agree with Jah. Imagine this situation. If Fiorentina gets relegated, realistically would he go down with you? I seriously doubt so.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aripfio said:
Maybe someone can tell us what kind of influence did Batistuta make in his first few seasons?

For Toni, at least so far in this season, he plays one of, if not the most, important role in turning a relegation-prospect team into a Champions League contender.
His influence was that he took the people of Florence by storm and into his hearts at such a young age and adapted to Italy so well.Then going on with his amzing loyalty through the lower division,not many players would've done that. :proud:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Bandiera (how can a Baggio lover call himself like that... :howler: ) aka Schumy, I neither want to insult you for fun nor get banned, but to tell the truth... you're the biggest retard I've ever seen. How many more pointless moronic crap threads are you going to start? Get a life. Now!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mago said:
Bandiera (how can a Baggio lover call himself like that... :howler: ) aka Schumy, I neither want to insult you for fun nor get banned, but to tell the truth... you're the biggest retard I've ever seen. How many more pointless moronic crap threads are you going to start? Get a life. Now!
Oh shutup schemo and I maybe also a scumacher lover does it figure you clown If you're a Pazzini lover why don't you call yourself associated with the player? :finger: :tongue: ,you're a retard what do you want me to call myself a name that has already been taken? :doh: I mean what's Mago?seriously you have to have something better than that in mind Frocio. :rolleyes:

PS-at least I have the ability to start a discussion I don't see you opening anything :doh: .So shows who the Imbecile is. :finger: :ass:

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Mago said:

Mago, it's all right, he's not hurting anybody.

Leave it be...

Bandiera, you too, leave it be...

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
EDIT:

Leave it, it's OK.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
toni can do it..if he scores more reguraly

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Cacìni said:
Am I too late :D?
Not yet, but time's running short anyway... this beautiful thread may get closed any time. :scared:
Still, it's amazing how competently Sig. Schumy made his comeback above, without even two nights passing since getting his well-deserved rebuke from you, Glen and Anomander (a CM!) in the Inter forum.
You may keep on pulling his leg for another 100 times and the response will always stay the same. Quaack, Schumy, quaaaaack! :horny:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Mago said:
Not yet, but time's running short anyway... this beautiful thread may get closed any time. :scared:
Still, it's amazing how competently Sig. Schumy made his comeback above, without even two nights passing since getting his well-deserved rebuke from you, Glen and Anomander (a CM!) in the Inter forum.
You may keep on pulling his leg for another 100 times and the response will always stay the same. Quaack, Schumy, quaaaaack! :horny:
Wow look everyone,obviously someone who can't fight his own battles! :rolleyes: :doh:

Quack <quack obviously one needs to follow others as he can't lead by himself how shameful"Che Vergogna" :embarass: :howler: :finger:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Schumy, I believe I did tell you to stop with the insults. Yesterday (not the Beatles song, that is). No, I don't care if someone else started it, you are supposed to be mature enough not to answer in the same fashion for a second day in a row. Can't you see your threads annoy a lot of people? So you either change your posting style or learn not to respond to provocations. It's as simple as that. I don't want to go around, warning or punishing people who have had enough of you and decided to insult you, or warning you for answering back every other day. So take it easy.

Mago, no need for insults, really. Sarcasm, irony or in extreme cases the ignore list usually do the trick. :)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anomander Rake said:
Schumy, I believe I did tell you to stop with the insults. Yesterday (not the Beatles song, that is). No, I don't care if someone else started it, you are supposed to be mature enough not to answer in the same fashion for a second day in a row. Can't you see your threads annoy a lot of people? So you either change your posting style or learn not to respond to provocations. It's as simple as that. I don't want to go around, warning or punishing people who have had enough of you and decided to insult you, or warning you for answering back every other day. So take it easy.

Mago, no need for insults, really. Sarcasm, irony or in extreme cases the ignore list usually do the trick. :)
Ok we'll move on now Ciao. :smileani:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I doubt it. First of all, I think Batistuta was a much better striker than Toni is. Batistuta could score goals on his own without great passes from his team mates, he simply kicked the ball forward a couple of meters and then ran away from his opponents. He was fast, technical, great in the air, strong and he had really powerful shots. Simply a world-class striker with all necessary qualities.

Toni has a great instinct to find the goal, he's a great target player, strong and tall, which makes him a deadly executioner in the air, just like Batigol. But when it comes to speed, technical skills and ability to create chances by himself, I think Toni is miles away from Batistuta. Also, Toni has scored a couple of goals from distance this season, but I wouldn't say his shot is top-class. Most of the goals are headers and one-touchers after great passes by Jorgensen, Fiore, Pasqual, etc., but I haven't seen Toni run away from his defender or creating chances out of nothing many times this season.

Also, as someone mentioned here, it's not all about goals and results, it's about blood, where your heart is. Batistuta was doing great and could probably have signed a multimillion contract with a big club when he followed us to Serie B. He lived and died for Viola and Florence. After many seasons in Fiorentina, he was hungry for a titel and decided to play a season for Roma. That season, when Roma faced Viola at home, Batistuta scored the only goal of the game, a spectacular long range strike which made the Roma supporters and his team mates go crazy. But, Batistuta didn't even smile, he out his face in his hands like "what have I done?". Then, still during the game he dropped a few tears! Before the game he went to thank the travelling Viola fans for their support during his years in Florence and after the game he actually apologized for his goal! That's big. That's heart.

Toni has only been with us a couple of months, but I've seen some signs that his feelings for Viola isn't that deep and I would be surprised to see him stay in Florence more than maybe 2 years. By the way, Toni recently mentioned that he's always been a big Juve supporter. We can't blame him for that, he wasn't born in Florence and who knew was coming to play for us, but still, to openly admit that like it's nothing when playing for Viola doesn't exactly increase his popularity among Fiorentina supporters.

Don't get me wrong, I love Toni and all he has done for us so far this season. He's a great great striker and I will cheer for him during the World Cup, but comparing him to Batistuta is not fair in my opinion. Also, I care quite a lot about players feelings for the club they're representing and I can't say Toni will become a legend such as Batigol even if he (somehow) would manage to score as many goals as the great Argentinian did for us.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts