Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone attending the game tomorrow like myself. Lets send the the Dons down!!!!!
Up the Bradford!

Come on you lions, come on you lions

------------------
JLloyd

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Yeah please get rid of the annoying ex crazy gang.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)
Jlloyd.....Not Samuel or ?
hehe.......if, then you should get a good seat tomorrow.

But sadly for the Crazy Gang...we need the points to help our run for Europe

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's gonna be tough but I think we should do it!!

No Boateng - he's going to be missed. I just hope he doesn't play Watson

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I'm attending JLoyd...it will probably be my last Villa match of the season, unless I can find a ticket for the final...u going to that?? And where do you live?

pool, you still bitter about the FA Cup win of the Dons over you guys all those years ago???

WESV

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Sure am and if I saw Lawrie Snachez I would hit him with a bicycle pump before ridding away.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Awwww see how mean you are towards the little team from South London!

Although if I had seen "fat" John Hartson at 5pm this afternoon, I doubt that he would still exsist as a live entity! :)

------------------
WESV

WESF

- Lealdade, Humildade e Procedimento

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a disapointment on Saturday.
Typical Wimbledon goal - big bundles - goal.
I think that they will stay up now - unfortunatly!!!

------------------
JLloyd

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I actually don't want Wimbledon to go down because their ground is 3 miles from my house and much easier to reach that Bradford! Although I wanted them to go out of exsistance for a few hours on Saturday!!!

From where I sat it looked like a foul on David James, but I have been told that it wasn't...what do you think Jlloyd?

------------------
WESV

WESF

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When the ref ran straight after the Wimbledon players I though he disalloud it - I don't think he even blew the whistle. James was definately fouled.
Excellent save by James a few minutes before. JLloyd had a wicked miss in front of goal, Dublin should have had a couple as well.
Are well just hope to beat Utd on Sunday to secure 6th!!!! We don't deserve to drop into 7th - I think Sunderland have been in a false most of the season.

------------------
JLloyd

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
It is going to be an unusual match next Sunday! Will Man Utd use it as a show case to show off the talents (?) of his squad or will he give his reserves the opportunity to impress???

As for the Villa, we will be trying not to concede any injuries (God forbid!)

JLloyd, our defence badly missed Boateng on Saturday...it lacked any bite with our menacing pair both missing!

As for Dion...he should have had a hat-trick! :(

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We didn't have a defensive midfielder in the side - Hendrie wanted to push forward but there was no cover. Thompson can't tackle - actually there isn't alot he can do is there!!!
It's going to be a tough decision on who he plays - injuries and all that. Maybe give a couple of youngsters a start. I think Standing needs a chance. He's travelled a few times this season but hasn't played.

------------------
JLloyd

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Yeah that is what I think...but we do not want to lose this match....finishing 6th is important to be...especially for the Intertoto if some major happens and we don't win the FA Cup!!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it all depends on which team Utd field. If they send out there strongest side like Beckham, Giggs, Keane I don't thin we'll get a result. If the Villa are up for it we will give them a run for their money. Lets hope Bosnich plays so we can give him some stick - the greedy bastard!!!
Anyone going on Sunday?

------------------
JLloyd

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
It is a toss up between my mum and me...it all depends if she feels up to it and if she doesn't then I get her season ticket! :)

------------------
WESV

WESF

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had to battle for tickets on the first day they came out. Aparently they sold out on the first day. I struggled to get 3 in the same place but I'll be there in the Holte End Upper. The atmosphere should be good - we haven't had a full house for a while now!!

------------------
JLloyd

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Have we even had a full house this season?? I was getting used to seeing the place half empty...I cannot see the point of knocking the beautiful Trinity road down for the sake of an extra 5 thousand...who is going to fill them?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well....actually it is starting to look better.
I read that Mark Ansell (financial guy at Villa) Villa would not increas prices next season, and lowering the price in some areas, but more importantly he also said.

"We have a responsibility to the fans to sign big names to secure our status as a big club.""

Now this is good news for us ? or what.. ,)

and that was recently, and JG keeps talking about signing this and that.

So if we show that we spend money on players also, i think people will turn up for the matches

Anyway..howcome Tottenham game was a sell out ? and some other minor game....
(if i remember correctly, only 3 games sellout ?)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
It's great that Ellis is not putting the prices up for next season...but it still stands to reason that we do not need to increase our capacity further...that may sound unambitious but when it is knocking down the beautiful Trinity road and spending £15 million that we could on players for a bunch of empty seats...I do not see the point!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Talya have you read Mr Mersons book yet??? :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts