Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me how he is going?? I know he scored a few goals at the start of the season and then got injured but I havn't heard anything since. He was a great striker for Dinamo Zagreb but I know that Benfica have alot of good strikers such as Montorass. Any information will be good.

Good luck to Benfica!!;)

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
He started the season together with Mantorras. There were some matches in which Sokota was benched and Mantorras played alone in the front, but it was clear that Mantorras worked a lot better with Sokota helping him. Lately he is being recovering from a long injury in the heel and he's already running and working out in the gym. The only problem to Sokota now is called Jankauskas that arrived a week ago, but he's very different from Sokota as you know. As I post some days ago (I don't know where in forum), Mantorras role is going to suffer some changes either Jankauskas or Sokota are playing, because of that I don't see Jesualdo changing the team many times... Anyway, Sokota has left a good impression till now.

M

·
0 Posts
Shame what happend as i thought that he could have been one of the players of the season. Hopefully hell continue to heal and may be able to get a run of games at the end of the season and may be a fixture next season. If you want to keep tabs with him check out the site in my signature occasionly.

·
Registered
642 Posts
He should be ready in a couple of weeks. Hes back on his feet, training with the ball & getting close to being without limitations. they have designeed a special training aid for his injury that is attached to his boot.

It woukld be great to see him in action asap.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read in the Croatian media that he needs another operation because he didn't recover properly from the first one. :( I really feel sorry for him because he was showing signs at the start of the season that he could be a very good player. :depress:

·
Registered
15 Posts
He looked to be great and fitting well with the squad before getting injured but he is now out for the year, and let's hope he comes back healthy next season and shows and benfica what a great croatian player he is and score goals for us.

·
Registered
36,165 Posts
will he back to start the next season people? I hate to see him injured, with Boka and Suker retiring soon, he needs to step up a gear and hopefully make the Croatian team for the qualifiers

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sokota condition boosts Benfica

Benfica have been boosted by the news that striker Tomislav Sokota is ahead of schedule in his comeback from an Achilles injury and could be fit for the start of the new season.

Sokota, who joined from Dinamo Zagreb in 2001, has not played a competitive match since September.

He had an operation on February 6 and was told he required at least six months to recover. However, after returning to Croatia to recuperate, his condition improved dramatically and he has already started light training.

"Everything is progressing perfectly," said the Croatia international. "As well as running, I've already started to work with the ball. I only feel a little pain when I jump."

The centre-forward will report for pre-season training on July 8 although he will initially work separately from the rest of the squad, instead following a special programme devised by club physiotherapist Antonio Gaspar.

He added: "I know that there are still two months to go before the start of the season, but I'm not making any promises.

"I want to continue working in order to progress calmly and without setbacks. At this time, I can only give my assurance that everything is going very well, quite a lot better than was expected."

-----------------

All the best TOMO!!:proud:

Is he still in Benfica's plans? Did you sign any other strikers?

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
He and Mantorras are the only strikers on the roster currently. The team are looking for a third. I suggest looking for a fourth.

·
Registered
642 Posts
nEWS IS:

that we are closer to getting Nuno Gomes from Fio, even though they have stated that they will only release him for the same amount of money that they paid for him.

plus Feher has placed proceedings in court to get a decision about porko - news is that we have already got an agreement with him, i think (hope) if only he is actually free, and that we wouldnt have to pay porko any dosh.

So lets look at the forwards situation for next season:

Mantorras
Sokota
----------------

Nuno ???
Feher ???
Anderson ???
Pavlovich ???

BY THE WAY THE NEW SLB WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNING SO CHECK IT OUT - FORCA BENFICA!!!

www.slbenfica.pt

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
OG BENFIQUISTA said:

BY THE WAY THE NEW SLB WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNING SO CHECK IT OUT - FORCA BENFICA!!!

www.slbenfica.pt
Yeah, and they still don't have it in English after I e-mailed them saying alot of Benfica supporters are also in the US but don't read Portuguese too well and wanted the website in English :depress:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Flotown said:

Yeah, and they still don't have it in English after I e-mailed them saying alot of Benfica supporters are also in the US but don't read Portuguese too well and wanted the website in English :depress:
Good idea bro,

US isnt the only english speakin country with Benfica fans, add Australia, England, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and others i guess.

Ive already send them an email making soem suggestions for the site (as they ask for suggestions from fans) so ill send em another one. Mayeb hey will listen to our requests, for now the site is just being set up and it would take em some time to make it in English as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts