Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some quotes from the great man himself:

"Oh, Puyol is making a meal of it! He's diving!" - Tommy on Puyol's "dive" in the Bernabeu last season. After the game, Puyol was out for 3 weeks with a twisted ankle.

"I think Barça were lucky against Madrid. I mean, they got a penalty and a defensive error, it could have gone either way." - Tommy's analysis of the Superclassico this season.

"Ronaldinho isn't that great. He isn't as good as people make him out to be." - Tommy's analysis of Ronaldinho. Yeah Tommy, he's not that good. :rollani:

"I don't think Barcelona are the most entertaining side.... They're not that entertaining." - Tommy on Barcelona's entertainment value. They are a boring side indeed. I mean, with all their one-touch football and synchronised play, what the hell is with that???

Those are just some of the great man's comments I remember... does anybody have any more? :dielaugh:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why we should gather up all his best quotes.... :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Tommy Is A Hard Core D***head And He Can Take That Y And STICK IT UP HIS ASS!! HIS COMMENTS ARE HORRIBLE.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
I have never heard the man commentate so can't comment. But from the quotes up there he doesn't seem that strange, just very anti-Barca:D.

Just kidding.

·
Registered
17,536 Posts
Oh come now, he's not that bad. All commentators are wankers, but how many commentators do you know that have his wicked accent?

I rest my case.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Tommy Smyth, for those who don't know, is from ESPN, which sadly for all of us that don't live in Europe means we have to endure him if we ever want to watch the Champions League or La Liga. If you're a Barca fan, you'll almost end up throwing things at the TV screen, such is the inanity, sheer blindness and shocking bias of the man.

For those who have an intense hatred of Tommy Smyth, like myself, visit this website and lend your support. http://www.ecbafc.com/pages/smyth.html

Some other pearlers from this season, as best as I can recall.

"Barcelona may have a chance in La Liga, but there's no way they'll win the Champions League on this performance" moments after watching Barcelona completely dominate AC Milan at the Nou Camp.

"John Aloisi wanted to play for Italy, but had to settle for Australia as he realised he'd never get picked" During the Barcelona-Osasuna game. For all the Aussies here you'll know how insulting this is.

"Barcelona have been ok, but they wouldn't have won had Real Madrid not been so awful" This one speaks for itself. What a complete c**t

He never ever has anything meaningful to say about tactics, formations or even player's performances. He's blinded by his love of Real & Manu, hilariously calls every offside decision wrong and really does nothing but detract from the viewing of the game. I for one, would really like to wrap him in his "auld onion bag" and lay into him with a baseball bat (or equivalent). And i consider myself a reasonable guy.

Until he dies though(it seems he'll never retire, not so long as they have chimps running the show at ESPN) it seems the mute button is the only option. :fero:

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Great one Irae,
I thought I was the only one who hates that guy.

I gave him some respect after his comments about the players short listed for player of the year. He was questioning why guys like Rooney, Becks, Cafu are in there.

it seems the mute button is the only option
lol

·
International
9,526 Posts
Firenze said:
Who is this Tommy? Is he from Sky Sports? It would explain a lot.
No, he's on ESPN along with this idiot John Paul Della Camera. Tommy is Irish, della Camara is Italian American, both are idiots. Tommy is a horse racing pundit originally and JP is a basketball announcer, which is why he refers to blokes as being 'on the dribble'. The sooner both are shot and replaced the better. What I wouldn't give from some commentary from England for the Premiership matches. Anyone else is just cack.

·
Registered
69,375 Posts
I like both Della Camera and Smith. Della Camera is a local guy so and he has a show here once a week, he often kisses ManU's or other big clubs' ass but he is a very good commentator.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
OMG not that wanker

i hate him

he talks like real madrid is the best team that ever played

and he sounds like he has money on them too for winning the cl

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
The sooner both are shot and replaced the better. QUOTE]

I agree. :star:

·
International
9,526 Posts
no, the live games come from ESPN, where JP and Tommy sit in a booth, in a studio, in America, and commentate on the games. Hilarious really. you and your mate could do the same thing, probably better, because they are basically just watching the game on the telly and talking about it same as anyone else at home.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts