Xtratime Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't take this buffoon anymore. He has single handedly made what is left of ESPN's Champions league coverage utterly unbearable.

I read somewhere that he had been removed as a commentator for MLS games, so why are we still being subjected to him for the champions league...?

Please take him out in to the middle of a field and do away with him, this annoying little man, so full of bluster and self importance.

Can you imagine what it must be like for poor old Mike Hill who has to sit next to him and deal with his ludicrous assertions...??

He is now absolutely top of my "in need of a good kicking" list which can be found below....

Last weeks position in parentheses

1. (1) Tommy Smyth
2. (-) Halle Berry
3. (5) Yasser Arafat
4. (3) Opie & Anthony....(total wankers)
5. (2) Osama Bin Laden

Last weeks number four, Prince Charles drops off the list owing to family bereavement

·
Registered
541 Posts
I guess the knuckleheads at ESPN still think someone has to have an English accent to do soccer. How about a celebrity boxing match with Tommy and Seamus Malin, who thinks the sun shines out of Brasilian arses.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kerry,

I appreaciate your agreement, but please, don't confuse those two idiots with being English.....

They are both Paddy through and through, I am amazed he hasn't thrown in a "Begorrah" or two into his commentary, along wid all "de dis and dat, and bulges in de old onion bag" bollocks.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I wonder what game he is watching sometimes, when he makes some grand declaration about a phantom offsides or the like.

Stick him in an old onion bag and push him offshore on a burning boat, the old Viking Funeral Special.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sorry, I've been getting my accents mixed up lately. I can't tell a Swede, from an Arab any more. But it just seems that ESPN has the worst announcers for soccer. Jackass Edwards and Tiresome Keogh make MLS games into snooze fests. I've beaten this dead horse before, so I will clam up.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
The only good announcer ESPN has is JP Della Camara. Thats it.....when I tape and later watch the CL games I just watch it with the mute turned on so I don't have to hear Smith.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Derreck Rae does a good job. He was their best in 98 but left France to cover truck races after the first round. He does the B games in the Champions league and they give that swine Smythe the A game.:( :confused: :mad:

G

·
i have to agree about keough and edwards , we really need to find a pair or legit announcers , during the olympics lalas and adres did the announcing which was 10 times better then keogh and edwards ,

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Dont worry about it Fred, Just look at the bright side you will have Smith doing the WC matches as well. I hear that he will be doing the US as well as all the England matches for ESPN/ABC.;) Also 1 Semi, Quater and final matches. God Help US. I wonder if we could report him to Imigration, his broadcasts have to be considered a Terroristic threat to the sanity of those who have to endure them.:eek: Im sure that there must be room for him in Cuba, or would that be cruel and inhumane punishment for those prisoners there to listen to him.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts