Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we debated the central midfield for months and we have basically now received confirmation that Tommasi and DiBiagio will start. So, what do you think?
I am feeling, like most of you I suspect, moderately critical of the choice for DiBiagio, but I am keeping an open mind about him and hoping he plays like he did during the 2002 ritorno. Still, his friendlies were nothing special. Tommasi has been charged with playing less great this season at Roma and he played awful in the US friendly. However, he seems to be improving a lot lately, and I heard he's been practicing hard.
He and DiBiagio are so crucial because the central midfield is where it all goes down. We need them to be nimble and quick - they are so important to our chances.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Well, after Cristiano Zanetti has put horrid performances every time he has played for Italy, Di Biagio and Tommasi are the best choices... which says something about how wise Trappatoni's selection was. :rolleyes:

I refuse to even consider Gattuso.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have to agree with Trap's choice of starting Tommasi and DiBiagio, they are the best DM Italy have in the world cup.

Zanetti has been a mess everytime he has played with the Azzurri jersey, I think Trap should have taken Ambrosini to the world cup instead of Zanetti:(

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Well, after Cristiano Zanetti has put horrid performances every time he has played for Italy, Di Biagio and Tommasi are the best choices... which says something about how wise Trappatoni's selection was. :rolleyes:

I refuse to even consider Gattuso.
you're so right :depress:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I like the form of both Di Biagio and Zanetti. Tommasi seems not as good as he was last season and without Albertini in the midfield Di Biagio will have to provide some experience.
Opposing what has been said here I think Zanetti has doen pretty well when he played for the Nazionale. I remember against USA he was one of the better players and also against Uruguay and England he did well, but then again in those games we played pretty ****. I'd feel alot more confident with Ambrosini or Albertini aswell as Fiore available but I trust what the coach will do just aslong as it's not the 3 DM's in the middle again! :fero:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have got to be better than what Viera and Petit did today. That was disgusting.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Tomassi IMO the best defending midfielder we have in the squad. Di Biagio has experience and believe or not, i dont mind him all that much. he has performed well in the WC98 and Euro2000, and i think he played good this season.

Zanetti, i seriously dont rate highly. I think he is inexperienced and doesn't show what other do when playing.

Without Albertini, and not choosing Ambrosini or even Fiore who would be more useful now than the useless Guttuso are going to hurt italy hardcore.

just for a matter of interest, why are we playing with 2 defending midfielders in a 4-4-2 formation????

I think Totti should be in the midfield with montella or DP upfront.

its a very defensive line up. 4 defenders, 2 DM, Zambro not really great at attacking.......all we have is Totti who wont recieve teh ball, and we have doni........

expect another shock!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Well like I said in the match thread Tommasi impressed me in the 1st game and I'd like to see him stay as a starter. I just wanna see what will happen against a team with good midfielders. What is Croatia's midfield like? Any good?

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
IL TORO said:
What is Croatia's midfield like? Any good?
NOn existant, i mean why else would blanco run through the field like that

and the strikers well one is nearly 2 m and he is scared of aubunch of tiny mexicans half his size, wiehgt and height

itlay should blow croatia out 4-0 if vieri is in form and totti runs like he did today

Lav

1 - 9 of 9 Posts