Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about the anger of some players because of Iwans omission from the WC squad. I know, he's been good during the qualifications, but:
His displays in Vienna were mediocre, to say the least. He had some good moments, but all in all he's a big dissappointment and hardly got a game.
The only Polish player in Austria I would take is Krzystof Ratajczyk. He's a rock.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe for the sake of team harmony he should be included in the squad? He might not get a game at the WC, and some of you might argue its a waste of a team spot, but sacrificing that spot in order to keep the team happy is definately worth it.

I do believe he should be in the team. He greatly contributed to the team in the qualifiers, it would be grossly unfair if he had to sit the WC out because he's been having club problems.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I'm against a call-up for Iwan. Engel did right thing and it's a pity that he had waited for so long. Of course, I feel a bit sorry for Tomasz, but I do believe that the WC shouldn't be considered as any kind of reward for Iwans, Zdebels, Juskowiaks and others. It can't be a holiday time for pensioners. It's the greatest tournament all over the world and we can't afford to take players who are so incredibly far from their best form!

Other players should shut up. Iwan is not Dugarry and Swierczewski is not Zidane.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Agreed,

You can't tkae him for 'team harmony'. Lets for example say that he actually has to go in there? Lets say he goes in there and is a complete waste of time. Lets say someone better could have made the difference. Than we will greatly regret having him come.

The WC is strictly for the best, not the longest serving!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Iwan has been placed on a transfer list by Austria.

Some say he's going to sign with... Legia. Difficult to believe though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts