Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well real madrid i think proved to everyone that money is they key to winning, and when you have figo and zidane then you get to the final of the european cup 3 times in the last 5 years....

on the other hand, milan now has 3 players from denmark :D way to goooooo!! i hope we will see a rebuild this summer, no more helveg , costacorta, albertini, moreno, simone, roque junior and jose marie as well if you want...i hope the mangement will have some guts like real madrid and bring over cannavaro, riquleme from boca, deigo tristan or maybe ronaldinho, and if possbile a whole new defence line :) i think we suffered enough this year, even if we r 4th in the league, but we r nearly 20 points away from the top, add to that the humilation in the UEFA cup , and the terrible inconsistency against weak teams, it is like every time milan plays a relegated or weak team we have no idea whatsoever what the hell will happen! when was the last time we smashed some team in the ass 5-0? and despite i hate ancelotti very deeply, i think him staying for 1 more year is better than changing managers every 6 months, somehow i have a feeling trappatoni will come back to milan :D

·
Registered
43,414 Posts
KHALID, baby ... why open a new thread ... can't you see there is one on Tomason ...

Anyway ... just a small note ... RealM still haven't won anything with this team ... so, wait and see whther money are the key to everything ... lots of ppl here wont agree with this one ... ;)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
can you tell moratti the president of Inter that money is the key to winning everything because he needs to know especially after 1billion dollars invested in players and virtually no silverware.

·
Registered
43,414 Posts
MR MEAZZA said:
can you tell moratti the president of Inter that money is the key to winning everything because he needs to know especially after 1billion dollars invested in players and virtually no silverware.
:D :tongue:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
KHALID said:
well real madrid i think proved to everyone that money is they key to winning, and when you have figo and zidane then you get to the final of the european cup 3 times in the last 5 years....
Correction. They were bought after we got into the last 2 finals.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
there is an distinct difference here.

Zidane was bought for big bucks to be an important player in their team. at an age of 29.

JDT was transfered for FREE to be an sub to Sheva and Inzaghi.

at it's best we should compare this transfer to Santiago Solari, an player bought to be an sub an possible starter.

Let's call an spade an spade, okay?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Real Madrid constantly reach the quarter or semi finals in CL and they win the league every second year, isn't that enough proof that "Money can buy success"? same with Arsenal, remove the roreigners and they have to rebuild the whole team from the ground. We should do the same. We sign a few world stars and we try to sign some decent young italians too, a good combination that will lead us to victory. Now when we signed Tomasson we can get rid of Jose Mari and Moreno, but we should also sign one more forward so we'll have 4 decent one's.

Here's my Milan 2002-03

Coach
Some offensive coach, just not Carlo, Zac, Zoff and those other losers

Keepers

Abbiati
Fiori
x (a new decent second keeper)

Defence
Maldini
Collocini
Coco
Lucio
Kaladze
Sarr (youngster)
Laursen
Contra?
Machado (younster)
Cannavaro

Midfield
Serginho?
Ambrosini
Donati
Pirlo
Albertini?
Gattuso?
Rui Costa
Tacchinardi
Riquelme ? (a wish)
Okocha

Attack
Shevshenko
Inzaghi
Tomasson
Cissé
x (decent youngster)

Complete team?

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
It's an nice team Nick, but not realistic.

And not well balanced, you have to much focus on central defenders with both Lucio and Cannavaro. One of them would at any rate be enough. From what Coloccini have said he will only want to stay if he is an first choice. So with Canna, Lucio, Maldini and Laursen it will be crowded.

Albertini will stay wether you like it or not. Riquelme and/or Okocha will mean that Rui or Pirlo leaves. Not that I don't think they can all be in the team, but the ones that decide about this will see it that way.

My personal opinion is that we need some wingers.

Cisse has been suggested by me and an great transfer, but I see us buying someone like Simone Inzaghi.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Collocini always play as a central defender right? Maldini can play on the wing like he does in the NT, Laursen can sit on the bench and Canna, Collocini and Lucio will fight for the 2 remaining position. problem solved ;)

We'll probably not sign both Riquelme and Okocha anyway, even if Riquelme is the most suited player for Serie A i can think of he'll be going to spain i guess. Let's go for Okocha then, he will leave PSG with 101% chance this summer,on bosman too? Tacchinardi seems likely, i heard some stuff about a trade with Gattuso.

Cissé wouldn't be too much to ask for, but first we gotta stop all those English " we can buy success" League teams from his signature.

BTW does anyone here think Kodjo Afanou from Bordeaux is a decent player?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I think we can trade:

Riquelme for Serginho

Tacchinardi for Gattuso

Nick, Kodjo Afanou is great defender. I saw him against Lyon, he marks Sydney Govou. He will be great as backup defender.

With the possible transfer of José Mari, Javi Moreno, Roque Junior and Marco Simone, all this will make a lot of money. We can maybe buy superstar :star:.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
nasty nick said:
Collocini always play as a central defender right? Maldini can play on the wing like he does in the NT, Laursen can sit on the bench and Canna, Collocini and Lucio will fight for the 2 remaining position. problem solved ;)
Problem is that Maldini doesn't seem to wanna play anything but Central. But he usually do anything for Milan so you may be right. But it is not economically plausible to buy both Cannavaro and Lucio. I think one of them is best to partner with Colo and have an partnership that learns to play together. Laursen can be backup.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Rijkaard said:
I think we can trade:

Riquelme for Serginho.
I do beleive that JR Riquelme (future lightweight champion of the world :D --did you see the punch he threw in his match last week?) will be out of contract at the end of this season, so he would come (relatively) "free". However, unless there is some major Berlu-action going on behind the scenes (and you can never really discount that), he's probably going to Spain. If we get Colo back, another defender (could be Lucio or somebody else), and a couple of decent attack minded mid-fielders (names anyone...?), we could be doing all right...provided there is some kind of consistent vision expressed at all levels of management...
RIO

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
I forgot Daino, Corrent and Donadel, they will all be playing in the first team next season.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I believe Riquelmes contract go out in January which mean she can be bought for an small fee.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
JKris said:
I believe Riquelmes contract go out in January which mean she can be bought for an small fee.
Although HE punches like a girl, I do believe that JRR is all man ;).
I stand corrected about the dating if the end of his contract, though. :)
RIO

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
OMG RIO, am I so stuck into football that I see the fancy players as girls. :eek: Or is it that I don't spend enough attention to you? ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hello Khalid:dontcare:
I just want you to know that I rate your post as ignorant and it would be better if you think before you write. Tomasson was a wise transfer considering he went on a free. He is indeed a valuable player with great tactical knowledge. As for your comments regarding the three Danish players I see no reason for your critisism. They are all three solid squad members and it's unfair to compare them to superstars like Figo and Zidane. Tomasson has obviously been signed to add some depth into the squad and this is always important when players are missing due to injuries. I mean this has been the biggest problem this season because of the many injured players Milan has failed to impress. Therefore you can justify why Milan has signed another quality player. They seek to stregten the squad and this is IMO a good idea. And by the way!

Never show disrespect to the great Danes. They'll haunt you like the great vikings :fero:

·
Registered
10,686 Posts
Khalid.. This has got to be a nominee in worst post 2002 at xtratime.. My God you´re ignorant.. I feel very insulted by your remark about danish players.. You don´t even justify your oppinion which implies racism...:fero:

Khalid!!! Why??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Rijkaard I dont think that Boca are that silly in swapping Riquelme for Serginho,Nast Nick Real Madrid do have a great side but Money does'nt always guarantee success please tell me where Inter have gone wrong was it the coaches selection of players because for all their investments they've been unable to have a real impact on the field.
I have'nt seen Zidane as having a real Impact as yet at Real Madrid Juve were so smart in selling him cash in while you can he's nearing or is 30 and is coming to the later stages of his career.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts