Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MILANELLO - Speaking exclusively to the Milan Channel, Jon Dahl Tomasson told about his Christamas holidays and his form. He said: 'I spent the past week in Denmark with my family, I saw my them after a long time. Before the winter pause, I had a problem on my back but now I feel good and want to return training with the team. January will be an important month, we have to make a lot of points in the league, I hope to be fit and play more. My team-mates have done well so far, our four points’ gap from Juventus are nothing.’

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Tomasson handed Danish prize Tuesday 28 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon Dahl Tomasson has committed his future to Milan on the same day that he’s been named Danish Player of the Year.

The striker has been awarded the honour after receiving the highest number of votes from his fellow Danish professionals.

Tomasson will be handed the prize this evening via a TV link between a Copenhagen studio and the Milanello training complex.

The ex-Newcastle player was a major factor in the Rossoneri’s Scudetto success last season.

However, there are doubts regarding his future after struggling to make an impact so far this term.

But Tomasson insists he is ready to stay with the outfit despite the recent stiff competition from Hernan Crespo.

"I want to continue my career with Milan," he stated. "People are saying that Crespo will now be picked above me but that isn’t necessarily the case.

"Crespo is a champion but the club have great faith in me. I will take advantage of any opportunities I’m given."

Meanwhile, Atalanta youngster Giampaolo Pazzini has been handed the Silvio Piola award for 2004.

The honour is given on a yearly basis to the best U-21 Italian striker. The previous winners were Massimo Maccarone (2001), Giuseppe Sculli (2002) and Alberto Gilardino (2003).

channel4

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
I doubt he will play like last season but at least its good to have him rite now in case coach plan to rest Sheva or Crespo

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
MILANELLO - Speaking exclusively to the Milan Channel, Jon Dahl Tomasson told about his Christamas holidays and his form. He said: 'I spent the past week in Denmark with <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=my%20family" onmouseover="window.status='my family'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">my family</a>, I saw my them after a long time. .’
He forgot to mention that he made the headlines after an incident at Cafe Ketchup in Copenhagen :pp Apparently a heated debate on who's the better goalscorer resulted in Tomasson spitting on Thomas Rytter; in return the Danish Player of the Year got a punch in the face by the Wolfsburg defender :doh:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Laudrup said:
He forgot to mention that he made the headlines after an incident at Cafe Ketchup in Copenhagen :pp Apparently a heated debate on who's the better goalscorer resulted in Tomasson spitting on Thomas Rytter; in return the Danish Player of the Year got a punch in the face by the Wolfsburg defender :doh:
Is this true Tyge :D

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Laudrup said:
Spitting someone in the face is obviously a very persuasive way of convincing someone else of your point of view :ass: ;) He must have picked up that trick from Totti in the Italy vs Denmark game in Euro 2004

·
Registered
472 Posts
Tomasson will have hard times cuz this year he will only be 4th choice. I hope he can get some goals

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Tomasson won't take a back seat Tuesday 4 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon Dahl Tomasson has recovered from a back injury and claims he is not falling back in the Milan pecking order.

“These last few months have been difficult for me,” said the Danish international. “I was never 100 per cent fit and bore the brunt of a great deal of criticism. But I feel that negative period has passed now.”

The former Newcastle and Feyenoord hitman picked up the slack last season during Pippo Inzaghi’s on-going injury worries, but with the Italian coming back in February and Hernan Crespo settling into his stride, will he find room at the San Siro?

“I have not set myself any particular individual goals. My only objective this year is to do my best for the team. Besides, I am not the fourth-choice striker, but rather a member of a large squad that is full of quality.”

There have been strong reports in Spain that both Barcelona and Valencia are preparing bids for Tomasson, especially with Parma’s Alberto Gilardino lined up for Milan.

“I am very happy with the Rossoneri,” he assured, “and consider this to be the best club in the world. Of course the interest from such great sides fills me with pride, but Milan is Milan.”

Since joining the outfit in 2002, Tomasson has won the Scudetto, Coppa Italia, Champions’ League and European Supercup, but he still isn’t satisfied.

“Winning the title was wonderful, but I can’t get the thought of our Intercontinental Cup defeat out of my mind,” he said of the penalty shoot-out loss to Boca Juniors. “I want that trophy, so clearly to get the chance again we’ll just have to win the Champions’ League.”

Milan will stage a ceremony ahead of Thursday’s Serie A clash with Lecce in which Andriy Shevchenko will be handed the European Player of the Year award in front of the home fans.

channel4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts