Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday, June 13, 2002

Tomasson doubtful for England clash

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - In-form Denmark striker Jon Dahl Tomasson is doubtful for the World Cup second round clash against England on Saturday.

Jon Dahl Tomasson: Groin problem (Reuters)
The four-goal forward - the second top scorer in the World Cup after Germany's Miroslav Klose - picked up a groin injury in Denmark's 2-0 victory over defending champions France.

Tomassson - who is nicknamed 'Jonaldo' - said: 'An injury like this takes time to heal and time is what we have not got a lot of.'

His team doctor Mogens Kreutzfeldt said: 'It did not look good.'

Former Denmark international Jan Molby, now managing Hull, said: 'It's a massive blow for Denmark.

'All indications are that he will probably miss the game. He is the only player we can't do without. He has has been in sensational form and he is a first-class finisher. A Danish team without Jon Dahl would not be the same.'

Tomasson has been the Danish side's most potent weapon. Apart from scoring the 67th minute goal which sent France out of the tournament, he converted a 16th minute penalty in a 1-1 draw with second-placed Senegal and netted twice in the opening 2-1 win over Uruguay.

Tomasson, 25, now with Feyenoord, had a short spell at Newcastle United but failed to make his mark, netting only three goals in 23 appearances.

He will leave UEFA Cup winners Feyenoord for Serie A giants AC Milan this summer.

Meanwhile, midfielder Stig Tofting is also doubtful with an injury to his left foot.

soccernet

·
Registered
765 Posts
Don't tell them that, Yakubu ;)

They might still be confused :confused:

Watching the interviews yesterday I wasn't believing this ...Tomasson couldn't resist smiling and I for one couldn't understand that he wasn't subbed in the match against France if it was so terrible an injury... Beside he was training for full when they arrived at Japan and everyone seemed fresh but yesterday not only Tomasson but also Tøfting and Henriksen were "injured"...
Hope the English went for it ;) Though I think Svend Jørgen is used to that in Italy ...

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Right now on DR1 (Danish TV channel) are they talking about Jon Dahl and an interview he made about his injury. They had an expert to analyse his way of behaviour when talking about wether he's playing or not. To maybe get an answer.
As Magic#10 I also think it was to distract the English players and Sven Göran. Plus they're also already saying that he might even get fit for the match.

Tøffe is btw also fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts