Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal offer 23 million pounds for Toldo (Corriere dello Sport)
Arsenal would offer 23 million pounds to have Francesco Toldo. But it seems that
Fiorentina resolved the controversy with the goalkeeper, who will now receive 4
billion lire pro year.
(Corriere dello Sport)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I wouldnt accept that beacause you have to think of the consequences. Money isn't everything, we wouldnt even be top 7 next year if we lost Francesco. Besides, after the Batistuta transfer, we are not in need of more money.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know, but you still have Taglialatela, he's also a very good goalie. 23 million pounds for a goalkeeper?? that's a lot of money. I know money isn't everything, I know you've lost Jardel, the only thing that Fiorentina can do is buy a new quality player, such as Palermo, Milosevic, Saviola, Aimar, Jeremies, Campbell.

A

·
0 Posts
If Gori fails to keep Francesco, I swear to God I will fly to Firenze myself and get Gori's ass out of Fiorentina!! :mad: :mad:
23 million pounds mean nothing if we're without Francesco. :(
Jesus Christ!! That's crazy!! Can things still get any worse??? :( :( :(

D

·
0 Posts
£23m?, Man Utd paid £7.5m for Barthez, see the difference?, and Toldo is definitely not a better keeper than Barthez.

Arsenal have their sights firmly set on Ipswich keeper Richard Wright, and otherwise Ulirch Rame of Bordeaux remains a favourite for Arsene Wenger.

I'd love to see Toldo as a Gunner, but there's no way Wenger will offer that much for a keeper. He'll prbably won't make anymore big signing since he's signed Edu.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Excuse me? Toldo NOT better than Bartez? I hope you are joking. Bartez is a safety risk while Toldo is as rock solid as they get... Please explain to me why you think Bartez is better or as good as Toldo?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Toldo rules Bathez any day of the week. Basta.

A

·
0 Posts
The real value of Barthez is entertaining the fans by making many risky moves in every match. (eg. droping the ball, daydreaming, comming out of the box without thinking...etc.)
An entertainer can't compare with our goalie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts