Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a bulletin released on Tuesday afternoon, Fiorentina assured its supporters that Francesco Toldo will stay with the club still for a long time.

"The president Vittorio Cecchi Gori met today Francesco Toldo and they reached an agreement to renew the contract till June 30th 2005" the bulletin said.

The previous contract of the goalie expired in 2004. It's very probable the Italy number one had also an adjustment of the salary. The bulletin seems to put the word over to the several talks about a possible move of the goalie to AS Roma, previously always denied from Fiorentina's chairman.

Thank God! It's finally over!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I would not have liked it if he left ITALY>
This is very good news":

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even better is that Rui Costa will stay too! He signed a new contract that last until 2004.

What´s next? Maybe Fio will sign a couple of good/great players! Let´s hope so.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It is nice to now that our president has been able to keep the players we already own...Toldo is a rock, maybe not the best or the flashiest, but atleast he always makes the good plays and yes some of the flashy one too. It is nice to know that we are willing to change our playerrs contracts after they play great for us and then the national teams. Yet, I would still like to see us bring in some of those new players we have been promised. Terim might be able to do wonders with this team, but we still need to get him some new players to help him and us...Our president well, he is an interesting case...he did the right thing for Bati after bati did the right thing for us so i believe in his loyalty to his players, but he needs to grow a pair and spend some real money...like the presidents of other clubs with Fio's reputation and support....I am not saying that I would like to be like the REAL fiasco with their new president position, but some wisely spent money and a lot of it woould be a welcome addition.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Dunno...I've heard that rumour too. With Gori, anything is possible-

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
A newswire story from AFP today (July 13) says Checchi Gori turned down a $75 million offer for Toldo earlier this summer. It doesn't say who the offer came from.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
In an interview on Italian television, Gori is reported to have said he was offered 150 billion lire for Toldo. That's about $72.4 million US dollars.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
If that 150 billion lire offer is true then **** that is alot of dosh. Toldo is the best gk but is he really worth that much?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
It certainly is an extraordinary amount of money, but transfer fees are going nowhere but up, what with the millions of dollars generated from TV, sponsorships, and merchandising. How long do you suppose it will be before a team like Manchester United pays $75 million for a 'keeper?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts