Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buffon has never played in the big stage! Toldo has shown that he is a big game goaltender in Euro 2000! Buffon is too young to carry Italy to win it all! Toldo should start!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
come on buffon is better then toldo we all know that
remember they paid £32 million for him......

even though i am big fan of toldo ...buffon's is the right decision

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But experience is everything in big games! Buffon has never played in the biggest stage, unlike Toldo who was a star in Euro 2000! I agree Buffon is a better keeper. But Toldo is a better big game goalie.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
buffon and toldo both are great...i think buffon did well against ecuador (actually he didn't have much to do :rolleyes: ) i don't see why trap would bench buffon and play toldo unless buffon gets injuried...but of couse i'd rather want to see the great toldo play more... :D but if i were trap, i would not start toldo because buffon is doing well...there is no need to make a change...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I wouldn't have replaced Toldo with Buffon in the first place....

But since it has been done i think that Buffon should stay in the goal. Afterall it takes some time for the defence and the goalie to get used to eachother. Inserting a new goalie in the middle of a tournament might cost Italy some goals:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts