Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toldo's form has been bad at inter this year and he will probably be shipped out. Maybe replaced by Frey.
Any chance we would purchase Toldo over the summer, or are they over our budget? i know both are watched by teams such as ManU, bayern munich, and arsenal.
Lupatelli was great to start the season, but has been inconsistent since. Will we replace him? with whom?

(this is assuming we don't get relegated :smileani:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
It's really tough for a keeper to be good when he gets screwed by his defense over and over again..

I would say that these guys would take too much of our budget compared to the value we get.. Our defense problems isn't because of the keeper but the defenders.. That's what we should focus on when the transfer market reopens

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Koj-Gysto is right. We need a few centrebacks, maybe some experienced ones like Adani or Di Biagio.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I recommend you guys keep your goalkeeper. Toldo is not worth it. High wages as well.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Mago said:
Koj-Gysto is right. We need a few centrebacks, maybe some experienced ones like Adani or Di Biagio.
what and play nonno football? they have had it, we need in form players to take us places - Bonera, Bovo, Zauri. Right now we have 2 greats in defence, Ujafalusi and Chiellini. We need to complement them with other high acheivers.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Jah said:
what and play nonno football? they have had it, we need in form players to take us places - Bonera, Bovo, Zauri. Right now we have 2 greats in defence, Ujafalusi and Chiellini. We need to complement them with other high acheivers.
Capello has said that he wants Chiellini back for next season, so unfortunately for you guys a new left-back must be brought in.

As for the keeper issue, you cannot blame Lupatelli for the poor defensive showings this season. The problem is with the right side and middle of the defense, and since Ujfalusi has been out Fiorentina has looked rather exposed. Vialli has not really impressed me so you guys need to find another quality CB for next season.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Andr3w said:
Capello has said that he wants Chiellini back for next season, so unfortunately for you guys a new left-back must be brought in.

As for the keeper issue, you cannot blame Lupatelli for the poor defensive showings this season. The problem is with the right side and middle of the defense, and since Ujfalusi has been out Fiorentina has looked rather exposed. Vialli has not really impressed me so you guys need to find another quality CB for next season.
Well its going to be hard for Capello dragging a player back who doesnt want to be there...as if he is going to be happy playing behind Zambrotta, never getting a run, when he's playing 90min games for Fiorentina and a look in to the NT because he is playing those games. Sure he is behind Zambrotta there, but thats in the NT and if he keeps playing he will be tomorrow's Zambrotta.

Bovo, yes the one that plays for parma. Young fullback who could make it. We need quality youngsters and in their current situation, we can rip Parma off to the hilt.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Jah said:
Well its going to be hard for Capello dragging a player back who doesnt want to be there...as if he is going to be happy playing behind Zambrotta, never getting a run, when he's playing 90min games for Fiorentina and a look in to the NT because he is playing those games. Sure he is behind Zambrotta there, but thats in the NT and if he keeps playing he will be tomorrow's Zambrotta.
If I'm not mistaken Capello wants to push Zambrotta up into the midfield, thus leaving a spot of Chiellini. That's just my impression.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Jah said:
Bovo, yes the one that plays for parma. Young fullback who could make it. We need quality youngsters and in their current situation, we can rip Parma off to the hilt.

Do you actually watch the games or did you just judge him due to him being a "talent"?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Valdrin said:
Do you actually watch the games or did you just judge him due to him being a "talent"?
we are after someone relatively cheap, young and experienced. sure, would love to sign whoever, but parma seem to be going down the tubes so we could make the most of a bad situation.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I agree that we need some new defenders, but Lupatelli is STILL responsible for many of our goals. Those two goals by Roma were HIS fault. Even today, against Lecce, we were going to concede a third goal as result for one of his mistakes.

So for me, I think he's a bit...unreliable.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
We need a new goalkeeper. Lupatelli is unreliable and doesn't inspire confidence. I'm not sure Toldo is the right option, though.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'm surprised Cejas hasn't been used yet. If we sign a new GK, I would go for Amelia or Frey.. the first-mentioned being the more realistic target.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Toldo sucks guys. From an Inter fan. he's washed up. Don't get him.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts