Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first the row between keshi and adebayor..then keshi sacked then they bring in someone who knows nothing about the togolese players at all..

on top of all that they have no friendlies coming up..not to mention their abroad players get little to no play time

i think this world cup will be rough on us africans :hangover:

bar ivory coast and tunisia we really have no strong representation this WC tunisia probably has the best chance of qualifying out of their group seeing that they are capable of beating ukraine and saudi arabia...

i really think stupidity in african FA's need to adressed how do you guys asses the togo situation now??

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I am still puzzled about how they managed to qualify to the Cup in the first place. I expected one of the major teams to qualify from the group.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starcraft said:
I am still puzzled about how they managed to qualify to the Cup in the first place. I expected one of the major teams to qualify from the group.
well i think it was just complacency from the big teams...i think teams like nigeria, cameroon..etc had this notion that their spots in the WC are guaranteed since they fast becoming african superpowers so they slacked until the final matches...

in togo's case the only reason they made it to the WC was because the malian and senegalese NT's were and still are in shambles..that and the players' attitude towards the qualifiers also resulted in that...

what's even worse is that togo's group is relatively easy..the french are doing terrible..the swiss lucked out against the turks and turkey would have qualified had it not been for alpay's stupid handball in the first minute in the match..and the koreans are an average side...and togo would still lose out :depress:

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I agree with a lot of your points there. But I think you will be suprised by the koreans. It is a word going out there that the koreans were just lucky in the last Cup, but they have had many fine results after it, and I think they have the potential to stun the world again.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Togo can screw themselves for all I care. Sad way of handling by their FA. Finally a good African coach manages to do something big with a small nation like Togo and they sack him and replace him by a (moneyhungry?) unknown European. :yuck:

Poor crisismanagement. I hope they suck bigtime at the World Cup.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
And out of all people, they find no one to hire but the mercenary Otto Phister........

Togo should stick with Keshi. He took them out of no where to the WC and he is their only hope (not that they have much) of salvaging anything out of this WC.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Indeed Sabry. Pfister or Milutinovic (the other candidate), I can't name two less suitable coaches than those two. :yuck:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
EDIT: Triple Post! What's up with XT man, freakin' slow! :frustrat:

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
They will struggle no doubt even more now that they let Keshi go. They didn't score a goal in the ANC and they will be whipping boys in the WC. So unfortunate coz African is better than this as there is many great teams on the continent, but these teams (Nigeria, Cameroon, Senegal, South Africa, Egypt, Morocco) only have themselves to blame for not qualifying.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HordeZla said:
They will struggle no doubt even more now that they let Keshi go. They didn't score a goal in the ANC and they will be whipping boys in the WC. So unfortunate coz African is better than this as there is many great teams on the continent, but these teams (Nigeria, Cameroon, Senegal, South Africa, Egypt, Morocco) only have themselves to blame for not qualifying.
don't even remind me morocco didn't make it :frownani: all because of karkouri's own goal

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I know how you feel DAR. The fact that Nigeria did not make it still hurts, especially if you know that Angola will go instead. We all saw how great they were at the last nations cup. :(

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Prince-O said:
I know how you feel DAR. The fact that Nigeria did not make it still hurts, especially if you know that Angola will go instead. We all saw how great they were at the last nations cup. :(
been a supporter of nigeria since the rashidi yekini days it was a shame seeing them go out thanks to angola...and they happened to destroy zimbabwe that very same day too :frownani:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Can anyone give me some basic info on Togo? for example star players, coach and prefered tactic would do.Any other stories that you can't just find anywhere, or whatever you believe is mention worthy as well... If your info is good enough your name will be part of credits in a WC magazine that will be published in Israel in case you care. ;)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Raanan said:
Can anyone give me some basic info on Togo? for example star players, coach and prefered tactic would do.Any other stories that you can't just find anywhere, or whatever you believe is mention worthy as well... If your info is good enough your name will be part of credits in a WC magazine that will be published in Israel in case you care. ;)

Thanks
coach was stephen keshi..he guided them to the WC in a group with mali and senegal and WAS widely revered as a national hero but after a dismal african nations cup showing and falling out with adebayor he was sacked and replaced by some german guy called otto pfitzer*sp?*..anyhow most of their players play in the french league second division and many of them get little to no play time..the biggest name in the team is emmanuel adebayor who just transfered from monaco to arsenal..

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Nice, thanks a lot. This is the kind of info I was hoping for. If anyone has anything else to add I'd love to hear, if I need something specific I'll let you know, thanks.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Why wouldn't he? Man from the looks of it Togo is really gonna get raped at this WC. It's sad, sad for us viewers that a better team could not go instead but hopefully they prove me wrong...:)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KiN[G]PiN said:
Why wouldn't he? Man from the looks of it Togo is really gonna get raped at this WC. It's sad, sad for us viewers that a better team could not go instead but hopefully they prove me wrong...:)
maybe you can convince fifa to give away the togo spot to romania :D

god knows they deserve it more than togo

and green one..adebayor will most definitely feature in this world cup but don't expect any "senegal" heroics from them..the team is absolute crap minus adebayor of course

1 - 19 of 19 Posts