1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Great player... I thought that he had died. The last time that I knew something about him, he had serious health problems.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Happy birthday :party:
I recall when I was an unborn, I felt very sorry for him and his team mates losing a Worldcupfinal they should of won. :googly: (I just love that smiley)
:googly: :googly: :googly: :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
my Grandad was at Wembley that day in 1953, he'd never seen anything like him and talked about him all the time. ;)

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jern Lizardhous said:
my Grandad was at Wembley that day in 1953, he'd never seen anything like him and talked about him all the time. ;)
Living in UK when I meet people and they find out im Hungarian they always talk to me about Puskás and that game.

recently I was visiting at a hospital and one guy taped me on the shoulder while I was talking to my grandma (in Hungarian) and started to name the line up in 1953 :D
he said he was 10 years old when he watched the game and he never seen skill like it before. He put his hand to his heart and said
"Puskás was my hero"

I felt so proud to be Hungarian :cool:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Bentex said:
Living in UK when I meet people and they find out im Hungarian they always talk to me about Puskás and that game.

recently I was visiting at a hospital and one guy taped me on the shoulder while I was talking to my grandma (in Hungarian) and started to name the line up in 1953 :D
he said he was 10 years old when he watched the game and he never seen skill like it before. He put his hand to his heart and said
"Puskás was my hero"

I felt so proud to be Hungarian :cool:
the geezer he put on his arse in that dragback goal was Billy Wright, he was the rock of England at that time, no-one had seen him brushed up like that before.

apparently before the kick off Puskás just balanced the ball on his left foot and none of the crowd had seen that before and they all went deadly silent.

was a real wake up call for English football that day, probably the biggest ever.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Happy B-day to you, Puskas and Real_Madrid! :) Thanks for your video too Bentex. ;) Before your videos, I just watched some footage of old RM aces di Stefano, Gento and many other legends... including Puskas of course! :dazed: One of the shots seems to be dragback goal. I'm not sure as it is from another angle. :star: (I got it. That is it! The one in the 16th second of your 2nd video!)

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Thank you bentex so much for bringing this up!!! Its really good to remember our legendary players :proud:. Thanx a lot for the videos too. :)

Happy birthday Ferenc Puskas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts