Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To XAX and LFCNet
The reason I wrote that topic up is not provocate something, but to say my OPINION. That what this forum is: Discussions and opinions. Honestly speaking I did not think that I offended anybody by saying that Liverpool should sell Owen. But if XAX wants to be fair and lock topics that “provocative”, then he should go to other forums and read what people are saying about B. Munchen and M. United. It is seams to me that Man UTD are the most hated team in this forum. Why? Is it because they are one of the best sides in Europe? I bet you had a national holiday when they lost to Real.
To LFCNet: Please explain me what is your understanding of nonsense and where you see that in my topic about Owen. The only nonsense I see is that you are a big Liverpool fan and you can not handle the somebody’s negative remark (sell Owen) about your club.
Please let me know.
Can’t wait for response. It’s becoming interesting to see how defensive can Liverpool fans be. But if you’ll be like that then expect others be the same.

P.S. LFCNet I like your remark about my mission.

------------------
My mission is to punish stupid fans

·
Registered
818 Posts
What have Man Utd got to do with this?

I don't think we even owe you an explanation regarding what we feel as nonsensical. As for your remarks of us being defensive, then you should look no further than, yes, Man Utd fans to give you the glorious picture of defensive glory hunters.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sell Owen to set him free? Are you mad/ crazy/ insane/ out of your mind? Do you need mental attention?

Should Inter sell Ronaldo to set him free - since they are winning nowt?

Should Roma set Totti free since they underachieve and look unlikely to win anything for the next 10 sesons?

I suggest why don't you set us free from you idiotic ideas?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I think that your use of the words 'set free' was the main problem in your posts. It implies that we are holding him back forcefully and this is not the case. Maybe if you had said that it is time for Owen to try his hand at the Spannish league than the response would not have been so hostile. Similarily you could have said that we would be able to cash in on him now, buy more players and we still have two class players.
I am not mad and if you want an answer to your previous post then I feel that Owen is a vital part for Liverpools future and he needs us as much as we need him. He is not the finished article yet and needs to develop his skills. Heskey and Fowler are great players who will keep him on his toes and he will not be sure that he will be in for the next match. GH commands a battling spirit and to see this all you have to do is look at the transformation of Berger. GH will also protect and make sure that he stays level headed as we know what wuld happen if he believes he is bigger than the team.
The guy is only 20 and there is no point in him moving away from his family at such an early age. His fiancee is here and maybe they are not ready for such a commitment.
Finally he still has a 4 year deal with so even if he ws tempted GH would have the last say and as you van tell we love the guy.

Anyway welcome Undertaker.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's true that u freely discuss your own opinions here and say whatever u want..AS LoNg AS it's not provocative and makes some sense!

and what u said certainly didn't//..
owen is an important element in the team...if not indispensable..and "setting him free" is certainly not even imaginable..

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thanks all for explaning what I don't feel like explainng.

Pardon me I just came back from the pub and is slightly dazed. You should ask TK how is he feeling now.

Cheers.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got to say, this "set Owen free" is complete rubbish.
<Sean Goh> has summed it up perfectly.
If Liverpool do want to become a big club like the 70s/80s we don't want to sell our best players.
Lastly, is it just me but Owen has never expressed a felling of wanting to leave Liverpool has he? NO. So what do you mean "set him free" ??

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well as a Spanish League maniac I will throw in my opinion on the matter. By set free, he may just mean Owen is not using his potential fully at Liverpool and as I see it, it isn't complete rubbish. La Liga would be a much better place to get his talent as striker to bloom, but I also know this is a very dramatic subject. It's like someone would tell me Raul is waisting himself at Real - I'd probably kill him ;) So considering that and yalls feelings, just ignore my post :) hehe

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LFC-Net, I think I should be the one asking how you are feeling now... :)

I think there's enough said about this 'set Owen free' issue. Correction, it's not even an issue in the first place! We all know that GH, or any manager who has Owen in his team for that matter, won't want to sell him as he will probably have a very bright future ahead of him. Owen is still very young, and it does not make much sense if he moves abroad when he's not done enough of his time, or if you like to call it, 'education' in English football. At least in England, he will not be under as much stress as if he were to go over to a foreign land with a massive transfer fee hanging over his head, where he will have to justify his value and people will expect him to deliver the goals immediately, and that's not forgetting the possibility of him feeling homesick (as they say, he's still a young lad). Down in Liverpool, there's no such need to justify his value. He's risen thru' the ranks of the Academy, we know what the guy can do, and he won't be homesick for sure! He will stay with his roots for a few more years if he knows what's good for him. It's as they call it, a win-win situation for both the player and the club.

·
Registered
818 Posts
TK, I'm having a terrible hangover. Couldn't get a good sleep. Kept having dreams of ***** (will tell you the details when I see you the next time) and waking up with urge to throw up.

When I looked into the mirror and saw my badly dyed hair, it really made matters worse... I kind of know how Robbie Fowler feel when he got his blond hair.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
You guys, saying that though if I start typing bullsh!t on this site (even more so than normal) then it is as I am watching the pub in a Liverpool pub.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
With Owen's current form I would realese him on a free within a minute. :( (joking of course :))

Too much time and too many posts on this subject.Undertaker if you have some complaint on the moderators refer directly to Jan.If there is something wrong be sure he will take measures (but on this case there was nothing wrong apart from your post)

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thank everybody for their comment. I had fun reading all responses, especially the ones from LFCNet and Sean Goh who are I bet are well-educated philosophers. Like I said earlier I am not Liverpool fan or hater. I just think that Owen is one of the best strikers in the world, and he deserves a little bit better (put the guns away). Lets hope that next season Liverpool will make it to CL, so everybody will enjoy watching Owen and Liverpool playing the best of the best.
To AMOROSO: I don’t have any complaints. I just wanted XAX to read other posts, before he locked “Set Owen free”
To pool_till_I_die: Are you also a Valencia fan?

P.S. I still don’t think that my topic was provocative. Maybe some of you took it different way. (DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU JUST CAME FROM PUB)

------------------
My mission is to punish stupid fans

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
undertaker- maybe u should try to be more explicit if u honestly didn`t want to write something provocative...

anyway..let`s forget about this .will ya!ç
and discuss what we`re all here for...l'pool! ;)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No need be angry, all over now.
Seriously, if Pools don't start winning something then Owen might really say "set me free". Let's face it, why did Maca leave besides the big $$$ contract ? Owen did said somthing when in England shirt seeing Man U players that have so many tropies.

On Man U,I hate Man U not because they one of the better of Europe(NOT the best), but the arrogant that goes from players to the Manager. I just hate their ****ing face, Cantona, Keane, Scholes, Butt, Gary .....& Madam Alex.
Yes when Man U lost to Real, I came a few times !!! Yeah Babe Yeah !!!
It proved that the Treble was a fluke !!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts