Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come you are so cocky and self secure before the game and right after, you're so angry?

It's natural to be pissed after your team have played like crap, but you're always so proud of England before the game. Why don't you realize that your national team maybe isn't that good at all? Many of you guys write that England is "better than most teams", but then you suddenly change your mind. I wonder how all English supporters had reacted if you've gotten away with a cheap win today? Just as cocky as always?

I'm placing my money on Argentina and Sweden in this group.

And hey, good luck against Argentina, you're gonna need it....

·
Registered
23 Posts
well I was not being so cocky, but heres my reply.

we played horrible punt football.

if we had played it on the ground we would have won by half-time.

mkay

·
International
9,526 Posts
Krist Novoselic said:
How come you are so cocky and self secure before the game and right after, you're so angry?

wow, now thats what I call a first class piece of arrogance. No one on here was predicting a walk over. I predicted a draw myself earlier on. Sweden played very well, and probably deserved a win. England looked like what they were, inexperienced and young. Maybe we'll improve, maybe not. But keep the bile down a bit, please. No one here is seriously screaming for a world cup win.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Krist Novoselic said:

It's natural to be pissed after your team have played like crap, but you're always so proud of England before the game. Why don't you realize that your national team maybe isn't that good at all? Many of you guys write that England is "better than most teams", but then you suddenly change your mind. I wonder how all English supporters had reacted if you've gotten away with a cheap win today? Just as cocky as always?

What you on about you muppet! No one actually agrees with you and you're just posting this thread to get on our nerves so go away!

·
Registered
271 Posts
The hacks at the tabloids make up most of the cocky english fans.

But the fans here arent like that at all. They're smarter than that.

·
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: To the English People

Van Nistelrooy said:
What you on about you muppet! No one actually agrees with you and you're just posting this thread to get on our nerves so go away!
Touchy, touchy.....soft spot?

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Well we are better than almost 200 of FIFA's teams so we are better than most. As for Sweden qualifying ahead of England - it will go down to the Argentina games. If England get more than Sweden do against the Argies, then it's all over. If we get anything against Argentina, we'll go on to beat Nigeria. Don't forget that 5 points is respectable in a group containing Argentina.

I also blame a Swede for our failures yesterday. Not only did he play Heskey out on the left when Dyer was finally fit to play, but he then plays two fast players up front instead of Fowler, Sheringham or Heskey alongside Owen.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Why do you expect Nigeria o be such of a pushover?

I wont comment on Nigeria`s state of football, i have no idea how they play rigth now, and the Argentina match didnt prove much since they defended for 70 minutes...

However they still are a verey potential speaking talanted team.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Re: Re: To the English People

Van Nistelrooy said:
Says who? Maybe I do agree with it partly. But I also agree with people who say that the tabloids are cocky and give all the fans that image.

No one can actually deny that the English sometimes overrate their squad a little bit.

·
Registered
271 Posts
No one can actually deny that the English sometimes overrate their squad a little bit.
Who doesn't? Just before the nigeria-argentina match, nigerian fans were claiming they would thrash argentina, and after the sengal win, declared that an African revolution had begun.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yeah! We all do...

1 team will win the trophy. To me the WC is about showing beautiful football - cos in order to win the title you need "the hand of God" and luck beside skill and ability.

So far England hasn't shown what they're capable of.

I think Argentina, Italy and (maybe biased) Denmark have show the most beautiful football so far.
Would have included Brasil if it wasn't for that Rivaldo bastard !

·
International
9,526 Posts
Magic#10 said:
Yeah! We all do...

1 team will win the trophy. To me the WC is about showing beautiful football - cos in order to win the title you need "the hand of God" and luck beside skill and ability.

thats a contradiction - beautiful football and hand of god. You don't need to be a dirty cheating little [email protected] to win the cup;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes and you don't need the referee to help hold on to the results, ,Sweden's neglected penalty either or FIFA's intervention like Brazil needed it, when you loose you loose, you got the right to cry, if you cheat get ready to be cheated on.:smileani:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Krist Novoselic said:

Ahh, stereotyping at it's best.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yeah!

How come Swedes don't have any humour??

How come the Finns carry knives ??

How come the French are so arrogant??

How come the English are so cocky??

How come the Americans are so stupid??

How come the Germans are so militaristic??

How come the Spanish are so lazy??

How come the Greeks are a bunch of Don Juans?? (including their women!!!)

How come the Italians do it better??

How come the Jews are fixated with money??

How come the ******* race is less human than the "aryan"??

Feel free to add more "truths" about people from other countries/races...

No wonder war/genocide still happens when so many people haven't learned from history....

Let's make "war" on the football pitch - afterwards please get civilized again!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Well I'm Irish and maybe English people don't realise it but some of you guys are a bit unrealistic sometimes. I mean the guys that commentate on ITV are so full of sh*t. You'd swear England were actually doing well in the last few years, when the best you have done in the past few years was a semi final place in 1990. England is not going to win the world cup, they will do well to get to the 1/4 finals. The BBC's coverage is good. I wish ITV and Sky would do not hype up England so much. Maybe you don't notice it but Ireland gets treated as if we're a little crappy country that will do well to get to the world cup. Really, we came out of a group with Holland and Portugal unbeaten and only missed out on first place becuase of goal difference and you guys scrapped a last minute goal at home to draw with Greece to top a group were you drew with Finland aswell. The Germany result was outstanding but really does it merit all this sh*tty hype on the TV?

·
International
9,526 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
Well I'm Irish and maybe English people don't realise it but some of you guys are a bit unrealistic sometimes. I mean the guys that commentate on ITV are so full of sh*t. The Germany result was outstanding but really does it merit all this sh*tty hype on the TV?

Once again, you have provided the answer to your own question. It is the media, not the public, which you have a problem with so don't lump us in altogether, and make out we expect to win the cup. Geez I'm getting sick of this:depress:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
How do u explain these interactive polls on sky tv then? England are always predicted (by the fans) to win either the group or game in question.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not only the English think that they will win their next match/group.

I guess most nations who have a NT who has potential beleives that their NT will win the next match.

And really - football isn't about realism - otherwise they didn't have to play the matches as you then would know the result beforehand.
Don't have to mention Denmarks win in Euro 92 or the Czech Rep. getting in the final in Euro 96 to shed lights on how it doesn't always turn out as the "experts" say.

I guess that except for Saudi all teams are still in it at this point - all that is needed is that you win the next 6 (or 7 matches) to get hold of the trophy ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.