Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody will help me with Barca-history...

Why joined they peoples to Real Madrid?

1932 - Pepe Samitier

1953 - Alfredo Di Stefano

1961 – Justo Tejada Martinez

1962: Evaristo Macedo

1965: Ferdinand Goyvaerts

Please answer on my question.

Greeting

Motta#23

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Look up the words "traitor", "turncoat" and "two-timer" in a decent dictionary and you'll have a good idea.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Samitier: The club decided not to renew his contract 'cause of his age. Mierda were quick to snap him up.

Di Stefano: Didn't get a work permit. Was sent back to South America. Real Madrid signed him insted and "miracly" he was give a work permit.

Don't know about the others though. It all happend such a long time ago and I'm not that old.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Uff... this people is too old. I don't know their stories, except Di Stefano's one. In 1952, Barça was the dominating team in Spain and we had the best European player of that moment: Kubala. It was the era of "Les Cinc Copes" (The five cups) and Real Madrid didn't have won a title in 20 years.

Samitier, then Barça Sports Director, watched Di Stéfano playing with the Millonarios of Bogotá. The owner of the player was River Plate though. Di Stefano, who had problems with River, decided to break unilaterally his contract with River to play with Millonarios. He could do this because Colombia wasn't in FIFA back then.

So Barcelona paid a record amount of 3 million $ (one of them bought in a foreign country, which wasn't allowed by Spain at that time) to River Plate to sign the player. Di Stefano was presented in Barcelona and he played several friendly matches with us, while the club was solving all the "papers".

Barcelona went to play to Venezuela in Caracas. That day a Catalan flag waved in the stadium and the Spanish ambassador threatened the Barça president, Enric Martí, for this issue. Also the president of Millonarios told Martí that he would give the "rights" of the player to Barça, if the team played 2 friendly matches against his team. Martí didn't accept it. Santiago Bernabeu (Madrid's president) had been informed all this time by the Spanish government, so he sent someone to talk with Millonarios' president to sign Di Stefano.

When Barça came back to Barcelona, there was a car of the Politic-Social Police to take Enric Martí to Madrid. The president of the Spanish FA, the fascist Armando Muñoz, tried to force him to renounce to Di Stefano. He also talked in the name of the Spanish government of Franco telling him that they knew all what had happened with the Catalan flag, the way of payment of the signing and he also told him that the "machine of the state" would go against his personal goods. Besides, every 15 min., the maximum Sports responsible of the fascist regime to support the president of the FA. They made a proposal: Di Stefano had to play one year in Barcelona and another one in Madrid. Martí accepted, scared by the power of the fascists.

When he came back to Barcelona, he explained all what had happened to the Board. All of them resigned, except the members of Falange (Franco's party) that controlled the club. Martí resigned 2 days later.

That's why the regime of Franco used their power to steal Di Stefano to Barcelona and give him to Real Madrid, creating their national-madridismo. Recall that Barça was a danger for the unity of Spain and a threat against the regime.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
The Di Stefano incident is perhaps the greatest one both of the histories of our respected clubs. For Madrid it certainly led to their dominance back then despite what anyone tries to tell you. Franco's government was clearly involved in the dealings and in the end the Spanish Football Federation affected the whole deal. They essentially banned foreign imports, with Di Stefano being the exception. Then they said that we had to share Di Stefano with Real Madrid. In the end we backed out of the agreement and they got him. Despite the fact that we could have done more to sign him earlier, we were clearly cheated out of his signature and the whole debacle is perhaps the clearest indication of the Frano regime's favoritism benefitting Real Madrid. Di Stefano's arrival really changed the fortunes of both of our clubs and so much of Real Madrid's storied past does hang on them getting him.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
That's why the regime of Franco used their power to steal Di Stefano to Barcelona and give him to Real Madrid, creating their national-madridismo.
well that is shocking :eek:
i do support FCB for a long time but i never really knew the history
truely if i was a Real Madrid fan i would be ashamed of the whole thing
and they dare boast about having Di Stefano play for them, they are just a bunch of cheats :fero:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts