Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as you know, Inter milan have not yet retired a single player's number. Some argued over at FI that Bergomi's number should have been retired when he laid up his boots, no. 2, but look at who took his place- Cordoba, another legend in the making. My question to you- when Javier Zanetti retires, does his jersey and his name and his legacy warrant a retiring?

That is the question, what is the answer? :confused:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I don't like that whole retiring numbers thing in general. I wouldn't do it as a club director or president and as a player I myself would politely refuse such a honour if I could anyhow.
On the other hand I wouldn't really despise the idea of retiring Javier Zanetti's number 4 in Inter's case since his contribution to the club is undisputed and he would surely deserve it.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
That would be a joke. With all respect dues to Javier Zanetti.
If Inter were to retire a jersey, then he'd has to be either Giuseppe Meazza's or Facchetti even tough Meazza was a true fuoriclasse and he is IMHO, the only Interista to truly and unanimously deserve such an honour. Facchetti would be pushing it. But Zanetti, that's :jester: Again, with all respects due to Javier. :)

Cheers.;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
San Siro said:
That would be a joke. With all respect dues to Javier Zanetti.
If Inter were to retire a jersey, then he'd has to be either Giuseppe Meazza's or Facchetti even tough Meazza was a true fuoriclasse and he is IMHO, the only Interista to truly and unanimously deserve such an honour. Facchetti would be pushing it. But Zanetti, that's :jester: Again, with all respects due to Javier. :)

Cheers.;)
With all due respect then, you know nothing about football. About Facchetti's caps for Italy, about his contribution to titles, about his hard work, about his revolution of a position, about his innovation in defense. Simple. With all respects to you. :)

Cheers. ;)

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
I dont like the retiring a number idea either. I do not think many clubs do it. But nonetheless JZ would deserve it.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Of course they should retire his number....Zanetti is the only man who has lifted the TIM CUP 3 times!

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
Dagoods said:
Of course they should retire his number....Zanetti is the only man who has lifted the TIM CUP 3 times!
HAHAHA really funny, get back to ur fukn Real forum. U dont belong here.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
HAHAHA really funny, get back to ur fukn Real forum. U dont belong here.
I was being serious no need to get all jumpy, little man!

If Inter manages to win a scudetto before JZ retires then...FORGET ABOUT IT!
JZ deserves to have his own statue dedicated to him....can you imagine a JZ statue placed outside the San Siro? what a bloody attraction!

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
amr_yassin said:
sure the idea is very redicilous ..what if zanetti's number was 9 or a 10 ?
can anyone bear not having a number 9 (10) in his favourite team forever ?
The Argentines have to bear such a situation in their national team, as far as I'm informed. Or was it only Boca Juniors. Or both. Somewhere Maradona's number 10 is retired.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Bier said:
The Argentines have to bear such a situation in their national team, as far as I'm informed. Or was it only Boca Juniors. Or both. Somewhere Maradona's number 10 is retired.
oh yea, although i guess it's a very special condition as Maradona was the best player ever in football history as many people around the world believe ... but in my point of view it's still a silly idea even if the player was Maradona!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Dagoods said:

What!

Only Pulsar=Ratings

Dagoods=Late Saturday night entertainment when the world is out partying in Club Exit with hot ladies

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
amr_yassin said:
oh yea, although i guess it's a very special condition as Maradona was the best player ever in football history as many people around the world believe ... but in my point of view it's still a silly idea even if the player was Maradona!
Agreed, as I said before, I don't like the idea of retiring numbers in general as well.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Bier said:
Napoli has that "problem", but I'm sure they see it as more of an honour than anything. :star:

Argentina wanted to have no number 10 at the last world cup but FIFA :greed: :rollani: made them have it :D

·
Administrator
53,114 Posts
Vagabondo,I have seen a player with the number 10 in Napoli,saw a short report about them in a football show,and some def midfielder had that number,think his name was Corneliusson.Maybe they werent allowed to have that.Our the fact that the real Napoli was scraped,and they formed a new club, Napoli soccer or something.

About the thread itself,no I dont think you should retire a players number.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
In all respects to retiring nymbers where do you stop?It's a great honour to the player and the club really of having such a great.But as time goes on other legends will be made and what do you do then?It's a great symbol but I'd lean to No. :)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree with you guys.

I mean, if JZ won some good stuff. Okay.

But he won nil except UEFA Cup. Out of hte question.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Giving JZ a statue wud be a better tribute than retiring his no.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts