Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's pretty sad to see all these posts about Lahm being one of the best defenders in the world and him being one of the best at EURO'08. Im not wasting my time going through all those posts or his games against the weaker bundesliga sides, so Ill just post his horrendous play at EURO'08.

Exposure #1 (0:54):
[tub]44x5G3jNud8[/tub]
WTF was he doing? Pathetic defending.

Exposure #2 (2:18):
[tub]OhqThdvr_FU[/tub]

And this is "one of the best RB in the world?", give me a break.

Exposure #3 (0:56):
[tub]w7k79zj-YOg[/tub]
Way to give Pranjic 10m of space so he can make a perfect cross. Great defending Phillipp!

Game after game he makes HUGE blunders, yet people still rate this kid. He's not a fvcking striker. Play him as an attacking midfielder if you want him to contribute mostly to the offense since he's good on the attack, but as a "RB" (if you can even call him that), his job is to prevent any goals against, and he is absolutely sh!t at it.

That is all.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Ouch. What happened? Did he run over your cat or something? :D

Seriously though, I'm glad the rumours about him joining Barca proved to be unfounded because he's not a player I rate particularly highly, either.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
:yawn:

The majority attacking fullbacks have defensive frailties and are known to being caught out of position at times. Lahm is no different. He is by no means a world class defender but he is not as bad as you are trying to make him out to be either.

Youtube clips don't prove much of anything, I couldn't find clips that make Nesta and Maldini look like amateurs or even post a clip where Lahm makes some great tackles.

[tub]qEuemtG3QJA[/tub]

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
If there are enough videos, you can find just about anything on any defenders.

So why all the hard work detecting Lahm's errors like a great discovery.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Oh god, seriously, it's not like he's a poor player because he tends to make misstakes in defence. There are far worse examples out there.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Don't think most people over rate him. They have seen enough of him to know that he is an attacking fullback that is prone to mistakes when defending. What to like about him is that he is an entertaining player to watch when he comes forward in attack and has good technique. That's it. No one is calling him one of the best defenders in the world as far as I have seen on here. There are many fullbacks that have the same problem. Not as good defensively as maybe they ought to be. As a neutral watching him fine, maybe not so if you support the team he is playing for.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,012 Posts
anybody who thinks he is among the top 3 fullbacks in the world or has the ability to reach such heights needs their head checked

as much as I've seen him I can't really speak about "occasional mistakes". He's getting beaten way too often. Poor man's Roberto Carlos without the excellent physique that allowed RC to play as a left back and left winger at the same time. Lahm is trying the same but not even close to the same level.

·
Registered
56,232 Posts
i thought he was so good at the wc 2006 though

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
It's pretty sad to see all these posts about Lahm being one of the best defenders in the world and him being one of the best at EURO'08. Im not wasting my time going through all those posts or his games against the weaker bundesliga sides, so Ill just post his horrendous play at EURO'08.

Game after game he makes HUGE blunders, yet people still rate this kid. He's not a fvcking striker. Play him as an attacking midfielder if you want him to contribute mostly to the offense since he's good on the attack, but as a "RB" (if you can even call him that), his job is to prevent any goals against, and he is absolutely sh!t at it.

That is all.

Even so, he is still better than any of your full backs. ;)

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Better then Corluka? Better then Srna (if you consider him to be one)?

Really?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I think Phillip Lahm is actually very good in one on one situations offensively and defensively. I think his problems defensively lie in that his off the ball defending is well below standard. Still he is a class player but not the best rightback in the world.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts