Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to change the name of the 'area'?? from FC Barcelona to FC Barcelona And Catalan National Team, there should be a dedicated space for the national team..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
tombaker66 said:
Is it possible to change the name of the 'area'?? from FC Barcelona to FC Barcelona And Catalan National Team, there should be a dedicated space for the national team..
No disrepect to the Catalan team, but I dont think it is interesting. I know the people from Barcelona are interested, but for me as a foreign Barcelona fan, it is quite uninteresting.

I'm a supporter of FC Barcelona, not catalonia.

If there is enough interest for it, then a seperate forum should be established.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,041 Posts
One could ask the CM's for a new forum on Catalan Football (like there is a Basque Football forum). But I doubt whether it'll be successful....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,150 Posts
I also doubt that there are enough news about Catalan football to make an active forum for it.

I think we're just fine with the game threads for the yearly friendly of the NT in here, but no need to for a name change, in my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,880 Posts
it depends really on how much there is to discuss about the national team.

tom, if you feel that there is more to discuss than the yearly thread than starting a thread like "Catalan National Team" in this forum could be done. This as a basis to start and if the popularity increases the bigger fish can decide what is best
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
I am Catalonian and I think there's no need for a independent Catalonian thread. Our NT doesn't have topics enough for this. Besides, I think the Basque thread is dedicated to all Basque Clubs, Athletic, Erreala, Osasuna, Alavés, Eibar, etc. not only their NT. And I don't think there's much interest on Espanyol :eek:, Terraof the PE0stic, Gramanet, etc. Besides, would be the rest of the Països Catalans (Pais Valencià and les Illes) included?

I think that if there's something related to our NT, we should just open a thread here, as we did with the match against Equador. But leave your opinions here...:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
Catalan...national team? Catalonia isn't a nation, so why does it have a team? :confused: Transilvania should have a NT then aswell, and Kurdistan. :tongue: Does Catalonia want to be separate from Spain aswell, like Basque. And do the Catalans only play a game a year aswell? Also, since Basque (or Catalonia) aren't recognised by FIFA as proper teams (yet), can a Catalonian or Baque player play for Spain aswell?

Thanks. :)
 

·
Random Dropout
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
Êïeman is the area of Valencia part of Catalonia?I've heard they don't like to hear that but sometimes i see catalan flags in Mestalla:confused:

Anyway,most of us are foreigners,supporters of FCB only.Besides,you can't get any regular news on the Catalan NT and they play rarely..
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Raven said:
Catalan...national team? Catalonia isn't a nation, so why does it have a team? :confused: Transilvania should have a NT then aswell, and Kurdistan. :tongue: Does Catalonia want to be separate from Spain aswell, like Basque. And do the Catalans only play a game a year aswell? Also, since Basque (or Catalonia) aren't recognised by FIFA as proper teams (yet), can a Catalonian or Baque player play for Spain aswell?

Thanks. :)
I don't want this thread to be a political discussion, but I have to explain some things:

1) Catalunya IS a nation. That's not my opinion. This is recognized by the current Spanish Constitution of 1977.

2) Does Catalunya wants the independence as the Basques? Some of us want the independence, some of us don't want the independence, other people wants another legal situation, other feel that Spain should be "one"... we are this way.

3) Yes, Puyol, Xavi, Guardiola... play/have played for both teams. Currently the Catalonian NT is not a FIFA member... but things might change. It is politics and everything can be disussed in a democracy. Scotland or Wales are independent countries? and the Faroe Islands?

From this you can be for or against the Catalonian NT, but that would be your idea.

Just explaining:)
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
spAd! said:
Êïeman is the area of Valencia part of Catalonia?I've heard they don't like to hear that but sometimes i see catalan flags in Mestalla:confused:

Anyway,most of us are foreigners,supporters of FCB only.Besides,you can't get any regular news on the Catalan NT and they play rarely..
Valencia is a city of the Pais Valencià. This region, the same as the Baleares Islands, have a common history with Catalunya. We speak all the same language: Català. We have the same culture and origin. The flag you see is the flag of the region of Valància. It's similar to the Catalunya (it has the 4 red stripes over the yellow, but with a blue stripe), we share the old flag of the Aragon Kingdom (check your history books). In Valencia, there is people who doesn't want to be linked with Catalunya, and some others want (especially left parties). The same goes to the Baleares Islands.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
The more teams the better in my opinion. :) I don't know much Spanish history... is there a leader of Catalunya, and a government? Is it in the EU? Do you need a passport to go from Spain to Catalunya? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there is a leader of Catalunya, Long live Pujol! and a goverment but we r not in the eu , no passport needed
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Raven said:
The more teams the better in my opinion. :) I don't know much Spanish history... is there a leader of Catalunya, and a government? Is it in the EU? Do you need a passport to go from Spain to Catalunya? :confused:
Catalunya has a Parlament, chosen by the Catalonians, with our own government with his president. In fact, the elections were 2 months ago. Catalunya's current situation is a Community (kind of federation, but not a federation) inside Spain. So we don't need passport to travel inside Spain and other places of the EU. One of the current demands of the Catalonian government is representation in the EU.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
tombaker66 said:
there is a leader of Catalunya, Long live Pujol! and a goverment but we r not in the eu , no passport needed
Pujol was the president until a couple of weeks, although he was for 20 years... now, Maragall is the president of Catalunya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes I know he isn't the president anymore but he still should be!
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
tombaker66 said:
yes I know he isn't the president anymore but he still should be!
Well, I've never voted him, because his ideology is different to mine, but I have to agree that he has been a good president and someone essential in our history.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep all the ex-presidents are cool like nunez, only time I see him now is on the boards for nunez i navarro around barcelona!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Valencia is a city of the Pais Valencià. This region, the same as the Baleares Islands, have a common history with Catalunya. We speak all the same language: Català. We have the same culture and origin. The flag you see is the flag of the region of Valància. It's similar to the Catalunya (it has the 4 red stripes over the yellow, but with a blue stripe), we share the old flag of the Aragon Kingdom (check your history books). In Valencia, there is people who doesn't want to be linked with Catalunya, and some others want (especially left parties). The same goes to the Baleares Islands.

:)
Well Valencià is something different to Català language, even inside Catalunya there are three different dialects, at least Valencià isn't as the Catalá from Pompeu Fabra.

Anyway, the history of Pais Valencià is far away from Catalunya, not only by language differences.

BTW I prefer Aragorn Kingdom :D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top