Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know Cecco and Reale have been banned from the forum which means we wont hear from them again :mad: !
Cecco has asked for something and that is to say to the moderators Mattias,Emir and to Jan that they should at least have the decency to email him and Reale first so they would know!
These are the exact words Cecco used!And he added no stars to his message towards you and he didnt insult you!
From my behalf now i think it's unfair and it would be the best if you would bring them back,'coz without them the forum wont be the same anymore and it's so sad,they were adding spice to it!That's all! :(

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I wish certain people (and that means you Lochness_Monster in case you missed it) would learn to read before complaining! I really think you should try to actually get the facts straight before posting!

Cecco have not been banned! He was warned about his postings in other forums. He complained, but have not done anything to violate the rules since as far as I know. I have no reason to ban him as long as he keeps within the rules.

Reale have been banned until July 1st because of his continuing violation of the rules. Normally I ban people permanently but because of the good nature of most posts and posters have I made this kind of "red card" before the permanent ban. This means that he gets a slap on the wrist and is sent out to cool off. Then in a few days he can come back and as long as he keeps withing the rules everything is fine.

About mailing reale I am not sure how you think I would go about that considering he has not given his email address? When I banned him I figured he would mail me or the the moderators and then get the conditions of his return. End of story.

I know that some of you regard certain posters as untouchable, but thats not how a community works. We have to agree on the basic principles and they have to be upheld for this to work and that means that everyone have to stick by the rules.

Thats also why I made the rules very general and very easy to uphold. 99% of the users are never even close to violating them so they are really only there to keep the remaining 1% in place so they don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Jan

D

·
0 Posts
I'm glad to hear Cecco hasn't been banned(I got your mail Lochness Monster).But what did Reale do this time to get suspended? I say give the guy a break and lift his suspension NOW !!!
He's learned his lesson !!!

BRING BACK REALE !!!!!!!
LET'S NEVER TAKE AWAY A PERSON'S RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH !!!!!!

Forza Lazio !!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jan,

this topic was posted because Cecco told me what happened and that noone emailed him and if i could to make sure you know that!And i dont know if he has email or not and frankly, i dont care i did a job from his behalf,okay?So dont tell me to read first!

And i am with Michel and the others,bring him back!

E

·
0 Posts
Take it easy now, Reale will be back in couple of days. Let´s not make a big deal of this...

FORZA LAZIO

P.S. I want Reale back too, but he has to stop answering in his rude way. Even if sometimes the other part wants conflict.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
The temporary ban:

Personally I think it's a good thing and should be quite effective 'coz it means giving a second chance but still getting the message across. :cool: Well I guess 'yellow card' is the more appropriate term here, Jan ;)
And I'm also aware that some people (non-Laziale) have apparently been intent on provoking (deliberately) Reale in particular and Lazio fans in Lazio forum in general... And that's bad :mad:
Waiting to hear from Reale again...and Cecco is also still around, right?

-- Nedved! in mourning :( --

·
International
6,519 Posts
I must say i agree with all of you guys, even you Jan.
Reale has been rude to Romista but is this the real reason that you banned him ?
NO !
you banned him because he stould up for himself and he said to you moderators that he isn't scared of you.

As most of you said before, i repeat :

BRING REALE BACK TO THE FORUM OR WE WILL PROTEST !

now who is with me guys ?:)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The one thing everyone seem to miss is that Reale was not banned because of Mikael, but because of Reale ;)

Reale has broken the rules more times and posted bad things in other forums as well and thats the main reason he is out to cool off now.

Please understand that I do not get a powertrip of banning people. I hate banning someone, but in order to make things work it's sometimes necessary to mark the boundaries as I have here.

I love free speech as much as anyone, but in order for it to be truely free you have to have rules guiding it. Its sounds like a contradiction, but if everyone freely could behave as they wished noone would be free believe me...

Jan

[Edited by Webmaster on 22-06-2000 at 23:43]

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I just made the most surprising discovery. I have indeed banned Cecco! How dare I you ask? Well, I didn't know I had until now...

I thought it was odd to hear that Cecco thought he was banned when he wasn't and even more odd that he did not turn up here to protest when he heard he wasn't banned anyway.

Therefore I looked him up and to my surprise I found he is not from Rome as I thought, but lives in Dublin. Now excuse me for beeing ignorant, but doesn't that strike anyone as kinda strange?

For months I have had the impression Cecco lived in Rome. Sure I noticed his English skills, but he could be working for a foreign company, have lived abroad or whatever. Not that this matters, but I still find it very peculiar. And thats why I did not even imagine I would be banning Cecco when banning reale who I knew logged on from Dublin.

I guess the only question that remains is if Cecco and reale is the same person. Again, it doesn't really make much difference to me except when I try only banning one of them :) but to some it may be considered important I guess.

Anyway I thought you had a right to know why Cecco is not responding and that I indeed am guilty in part at least :)

Jan

E

·
0 Posts
As long as I am concerned we can ban everyone else now, Rollo is back :) :)

FORZA ROLLO
FORZA LAZIO

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
I may not always agree with Cecco but he is the child in "The Emperor's New Clothes."

[Edited by Bonita on 23-06-2000 at 23:04]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
How can he bring Cecco back is he is the same person with Reale? WAKE UP!!!

These guys (this guy I should say) was fooling you by posting with two different names and agreeing with himself all the time..."Cecco" was the one who was "celebrating" in Rome (YEAH RIGHT) and "Reale" was in Dublin...IF they were not the same person Cecco would have stormed in here as soon as Reale was banned...now they will "both" return at July 1st and Cecco will say he was on a short holiday or something...

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Haha :):) serious Amo??
if its true thats the funniest thing ive heard all week
Well anyway yeah bring em back but i guess hes back in a week or so

Now i know what happened to me.....I was red carded or sumthin in November for givin crap to the Man Utd supporters :):) which i no longer do now.........
I tried everything and then on January when i tryed a new name it just worked :):)
hehe
FORZALAZIO!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
This is unbelievable!!

Cecco and Reale the same person?? And he lives in Dublin?? No way!!

Jan, could you please explain how you discovered this? As it sounds to me as if someone is just trying to discredit Cecco!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Actually I think it is two people, but they are brothers. One calls himself Romeo (Reale) and the other is Francesco (Cecco) and as I said do I believe they are not the same even if they share their location and family name.

How I found out? As I said I banned one and the other dissappeared which made me curious. Its a bit technical how you check these things, but as you can see in the bottom left corner of your posts is your IP number logged when you post so we can see where you come from. Thats a safety precaution in case you violate the law or the rules and action need to be taken.

First I only looked up Reale's IP and got:

Official name: dialup-0720.dublin.iol.ie

Addresses: 193.203.146.208

Whois for dialup-0720.dublin.iol.ie

.ie is the geographical domain of Ireland (dialling code 353)

And then when I found Cecco's absence strange I looked him up too:

ACME Address Digger Results

Official name: dialup-0472.dublin.iol.ie

Addresses: 193.203.145.216

Whois for dialup-0472.dublin.iol.ie

.ie is the geographical domain of Ireland (dialling code 353)

Now the first thing that is established is that they both live in Dublin, Ireland. Living anywhere else and dialing in there makes no sense. It could look like they dial in different places, but thats just because they dialed in at two different times. If I wanted I am sure I could even find a perfect match of their IP numbers. They both use this ISP though:

role: Ireland On-Line Network Operations Centre
address: Alexandra House
address: Earlsfort Terrace
address: Dublin 2
address: Ireland
phone: +353 1 6046800
fax-no: +353 1 6046888
e-mail: [email protected]

As if to confirm it they both mailed me to hear what was wrong using their Ireland email addresses. I guess thats part of the reason they do not post them in their profile...

Anyway I will not document things like this in other cases, but now I guess I owed it since I opened the door myself. I am also hoping sorting this out can help keep the forums in order for some time to come...

Finally, it makes no difference to me where they come from, but since I had said I did not ban Cecco I think you deserved to know why is indeed banned anyway. That we only can ban on ISP level is unfortunate and the reason why I hesitate to ban in the first place, but thats how it is. Whether it makes any difference to you that they live in Dublin and not in Rome is not for me to decide I was just surprised when I found out.

Jan

[Edited by Webmaster on 23-06-2000 at 12:41]

·
International
6,519 Posts
Wow :)
He was (or should I say they were) bulls***g us all the time ?

Well I can deal with it, so what if they are the same person ? He didn't do anything VERY WRONG but let's just wait till July 1st to see what they'll have to say about all the c*ap..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts