Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear E-H D
Oh dear, what has gone wrong in the past 18 months. You thrilled us in the Nations Cup 2002 and was instrumental in Senegal's WC debut in Japan/Korea. You were ranked seventh in voting for the FIFA WC Golden Shoe Award. Everything looked so bright for Senegal's new star.

Liverpool bought you for more than GBP 10M and it looked like your entry to the EPL would bring more glory for you. You were even voted Africa's best football player two years running.

Since then everything has gone downhill. The same manager who brought you to Liverpool has publicly stated that you were his worst acquisition in his tenure with the Reds. Your role with Liverpool was reduced gradually as your first season came to a close. Your fans excused you because everyone knew that you were suffering from EPL jitters in your 1st season, and we expected you to come on strong in the 2003/2004 season. Actually, things took a turn for the worse; you became more of a role player this past year. You were find GBP 5,000 for spitting at a fan during a UEFA Cup match. When you left in Jan 2004 for the ANC in Tunisia, I knew you would produce some of the spark which brought you worldwide stardom two years before. That tournament did not go too well, as you were disciplined by the authorities for your behaviour in your 1/4 final loss to Tunisia.

Fast forward to Summer 2004 and Liverpool have dropped you from their squad currently touring North America. You don't even have a squad number.

So what's up, Serial Killer?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The most over-rated player ever IMO.

I'm really not at all surprised by all the things that happened to him since Korea&Japan.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
No way. Comparing Mido with Diouf is not right at all. What the heck has Diouf ever done? Even the WC which he supposedly shined in, he had no goals. All he did was dribble past a couple of players and all of a sudden became a world class talent.

Diouf is one of the sh*ttiest forwards I have ever seen in my life.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Most overrated player ever? Since when did anyone rate the guy that high?
Everybody makes fun out of him now so and he is hardly rated so I can't see how he is the most overrated player of alltime.
Thats harsh to say the least

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Faisal said:
Most overrated player ever? Since when did anyone rate the guy that high?
Everybody makes fun out of him now so and he is hardly rated so I can't see how he is the most overrated player of alltime.
Thats harsh to say the least
Keyword: NOW

After 2002WC he was really, really highly rated. And even recently, Pele chose him in his list of the world's top 50 footballers :howler:

·
Registered
101 Posts
pele always makes the dumbest predictions ever anyway back to your question about what did Diouf ever do? Nothing, I agree.

What did Mido ever do? Nothing at all but unlimited cockiness.
I was expecting more from Diouf for the simple fact that he was born n raised in France and not a kid coming out of Egypt to Europe.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Ahlawy I think your going overboard, Your acting like Diouf is the worst player in the world.
He flopped and so have others but you think he is the most overrated player ever?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Yes. When your a sh*t player and said to be one of the best 50 in the world, then h*ll your over-rated.

I personally hate the guy, he does nothing on the pitch but blame and argue with the ref's. I've seen so many games for him and each game he has to talk to the ref everytime he makes a foul, even if he knows he's wrong.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Ahlawy said:
Keyword: NOW

After 2002WC he was really, really highly rated. And even recently, Pele chose him in his list of the world's top 50 footballers :howler:
Well everyones entitled to their own opinions Ahlawy,are you so against him because he made the list and Mido didn't??? :tongue: (Joking).
No really I can see where you're coming from but his performance hasn't been going down to well because Gerard Houllier didn't know how to use him in the EPL. Say if his french counter-part Arsene Wenger was to get him, he would train him to devolop him into a better player, management skills. I don't like Diouf but I think his career will go back on track if he does go to Malaga.

Compared to him Aliou Cisse,Henri Camara , and Ferdinand Coly (when he was with the blues) who would you guys think settled in the premiership best??

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
some folks like attackers to defend; others prefer to defend attackers however tame their 'serial killing'.

If you tell the devil to be good, (s)he'll do it; but do it badly.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Yeah whatever, Diouf is/was Crap for Liverpool lets just wait and see what he does for Bolton. Me and my Elder agree that he's **** like candy floss is pink you get that e17?????? :tongue: SHAPEY UPPEY SERIAL KILLER YOU JUST CAN'T SEEM TO AIM THE RIFLE IN THE RIGHT PLACE CAN YOU??? (another one for you matey)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like Diouf, he is athletic, skillful. He set up a lot for Senegal in the World Cup, and so he did nt score, but he worked hard and gave defenders problems.

I also think he went to the wrong club at the wrong time, perhaps in the wrong league. Houllier had lost it, Liverpool were playing bad, defensive football. He was played out of position.

At Bolton, big Sam will let him in when its his time, and I expect by the end of the season, he will be playing OK.

Remember, his goals get Senegal into the World Cup: SENEGAL! That is something special I think. He had also done well in France for a few seasons as well, though I dont really know about that. Suffice to say, he was attracting suitors like Houllier before the WC.

The boy is young, has much to learn and has a temper. That is all that stops him being the next Henry, about whom much the same could have been said when he joined Arsenal.

Winger to striker. Watch it work again.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
happy to see.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts