Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I live far away from Italia(i live in Asia) but i always support Italian national and love Italian League, especially Lazio. But i've been wondering why scudetto had been always given to either AC Milan or Juventus.As if it is already set up.And the set up often done through referee, who made controversial decision.I don't mean that juve and milan are not good team.For example: Milan in the year of 88 absolutely deserved lo scudetto, but Milan's last season did not deserve the scudetto, because many people knew that Lazio at that time was the best team in Serie A.And the best team deserves scudetto, right!! But the fact is diferent. So i guess u guys who live in Italia know better about this. Is it true that scudetto must be given to either milan or juve ?????

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Good question, indeed!

First of all, let's say that evry team who get to the scudetto or thereabout, is a strong one. You don't win the Italian championship if you aren't a very good team. Then, this championship is not over yet!!!

Having said that, it's true that in the last 8 seasons (from 1991-92 to 1998-99) the scudetto has been won by either Milan or Juventus.

In "natural conditions" the strongest team win the scudetto, but in the last three seasons (Parma fans would say: in the last four seasons) these "natural conditions" have been altered by referees' decisions that TV proved wrong. These mistakes happened in the decisive games of the season and proved to be crucial in the fight for the scudetto. Also as a matter of fact, these mistakes went in favour of either Milan or Juventus.

The teams (and their fans) who lost the Italian title also because of those mistakes, felt understandably they were done an injustice. It's true that people see the presidents of both the Italian Football Federation and the Italian Football League as Juve-Milan's men and it's true too that the men who choose the referees are two because a few teams (namely Parma, Lazio, Roma and Fiorentina) don't rely on the one appointed by the Federation (thus by Milan and Juventus, someone would say). This fact created an embarassing situation in which the refs are divided into the pro Juve-Milan(-Inter) section and the pro Parma-Lazio-etc. section.

Unfortunately, the ref who refereed last Sunday's Juve-Parma "belongs" to the Juve-Milan section (according to the newspapers) and this created a lot of fuss. Indeed the current state of Italian football is too poisoned. Top clubs are suspicious of the Football Federation and the Football League, and the League is really split: on one corner there are Juve and Milan with other minor clubs, on the other corner there are Parma, Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina + other minor clubs + (probably) Inter. These two sides are in strong contrast between them for a series of reasons, one of which is that Juve-Milan have allegedly the control of both the Federation and the League, and thus of the scudetto accordingly.

Soemthing must be done to restore credibility to Italian football, because fans are fed up with the current situation.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ugh! thats anooying...

Aquila,a question,IF the ref was on the other side (the Parma-Lazio etc side) would he destroy Juve? I frankly dont believe this...

And you are right,the last 4 years...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
it's now 9 years since another team won the scudetto.
samp won 1990-1991 then milan and juve had dominated.
but lazio is so unlucky they should have won last year and also the year before that amd why not mention this year.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Amo,
I'm sorry that I've not been so clear and explicative in my previous post. When I wrote "pro Parma-Lazio-etc." I did mean the referees chosen by the man appointed by Parma-Lazio-etc. I didn't mean that the refs of one side would go against the teams of the other side, that would be really the end of football. I mean that the two men who choose the refs (and make them becoming international referees) have been appointed by each side, because both sides were suspicious of each other! This fact has led to the current poisoned situation.

This season all the best refs were caught in wrong calls, so that it was difficult for the two men to choose the right ref for Juve-Parma. Juve don't like this ref and this other, while Parma don't want that ref and that other. In the end a mediocre ref was called to referee such an important match, and evrybody has seen how it has ended. Also it must be said that (as the newspapers reported) Pairetto, the Juve-Milan man who choose the refs, had just made De Santis, the ref of Juve-Parma, becoming an international referee.
When I wrote that the ref of Juve-Parma "belongs" to the Juve-Milan section, I meant this.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
By the way, how about Collina?
And yeah with the way things are going on now I'm rather amazed that Samp could win the scudetto then! Or...the change (for the worse)in all-these-refereeing/refrees have been SINCE Samp won lo scudetto? Hmmm...

D

·
0 Posts
I guess the rubentus bribes to referees must have increased since Samp won !!!
Juventini:Ladri D'Italia

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The answer is so simple my Asian friend!

Milan = Berlusconi
Juve = Agnelli

Do you have any clue about their political strength, any info about their importance in Italian Economy? They have strong relations and plus they are very experienced in football industry...

So if you want to be the champions You have to beat them like hell on the pitch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts