Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
There is no justification on what the fans did, not at all

However there are just 3 little things to bear in mind
1)was any one hurt?
2)was this a quarter final champions league game?
The fact that it is a game of the champions league, it makes it not only an affair for milano.
3)was the game suspended?

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Personally, and I won't be posting more on the matter as obviously Milan fans are not appreciated here at the time (which is understandable), I think it's not such a great idea to post two threads directed to Milan fans if you don't want us to write on the matter. Maybe you could merge this with the already existing one(s) or something like that. Just a suggestion and wish you the best with UEFA decision.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Before watching the video clip, I am sure that Inter and other clubs fans have lectured us that year! No one is perfect, but we always look ahead to improve, not otherwise!! It is also natural that we - Milan Fans - are going to lecture you for quite a long time, IMO. However, the substance you need to look at, is not from us. It comes from the neutral fans. Don't try to fix a mistake with another mistake! :nono: Here is an article by a neutral fan! I hope we all learn a good lesson.

See you next seasn. Or maybe not! :D

By Goal.com:

What A Shame!!
4/13/2005 6:54:00 PM
Goal.com South American correspondent Juan Arango takes issue with his compatriot, Inter’s Colombian star Ivan Ramiro Córdoba, who said of the abandonment of last night’s Champions League game: “The reaction of the fans was more than comprehensible after Merk didn’t give us the goal.”
I have developed a reputation as venomous when I write a piece, but let me tell you that what Ivan Ramiro Cordoba said after what happened the other night in Milan makes me want to go all out on him.

For him to “justify” the actions of a group of ignorant racist people, who have given Italian football a black eye, is preposterous. For him to applaud made my stomach churn. When he said that his hand-clap was “instinctive” I can understand the heat of the moment. Although when he sees the inferno on the field caused by his fans, he is still complaining about the disallowed goal. What are you thinking? For goodness sake, there was a player that was burned and the damage could have been worse, and you are thinking about a goal? Sorry Ivan, but as much of a fan as I am, there are more important things in this world than football, and the health and safety of my peers is a much more important priority.

This is the captain of the Colombian national team saying this? This is a man that is known for his tenacity on the pitch? What does this say to the rest of the world? That he condones this? That it is ok to try to burn a goalkeeper with fireworks if a goal is disallowed? If this is what represents my country, I would prefer never to see them in a World Cup ever again. Call me old-fashioned, but a player wearing my country’s colors does this it goes against everything that the hard-working people of Colombia have been trying to achieve for the past five decades. Cordoba knows of this type of violence, it has touched us all back home in one-way or another. His actions are reprehensible. I hope I am wrong. I hope that he said it out of anger or some thing was lost in the translation. But if all this is true, and it were up to me, I would never want to see him with the Colombian national team ever again. We as a country received too many black eyes, to have a player illustrate ignorance to its highest degree on the world stage.

Juan Arango

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bernmilan1

A football game is a football game whether its a friendly or a Champions League Final.

Secondly, any of those flares could have hurt anyone. The purpose of the flares was to abandon the match not to hurt people. Both incidents had an equal chance of hurting people. So don't use the 1/100000000000 incident of it hitting DIda as an excuse.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Is it any surprise that this happens in football? How many burn injuries and fire damage does it take to start confiscating fireworks and denying entry to those who smuggle it in?

At least this time it wasn't a moped.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Pulsar I am aware that the fact that it hit Dida is not "necessarily" the bigger picture
But the fact is it did, the reason why Milan fans are not overtly pissed is that he will be able to play on sunday, had he been hit in the head, ****... I don't know.
It should be part of the bigger picture, because he got hurt, unlike in previous occassions, so this, alongside with the Frisk incident, should change things because people are getting hurt.
Though I absolutely agree that security should be implemented regardless of the importance of the match, this not only affected milano itself but tarnished the competition in general, the champions league is more than a football game.

I do not agree with you saying that the purpose of those flares were not to injure people. When Dida was lifted by the paramedic, or whoever it was, they were launching flares at them. Kaka almost got hurt (bad), I know we do not know for sure, what I do now is that Dida got hurt and it could have been very nasty

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
God! People make it sound like Dida had his arm severed or something. GROW UP! IT was disgraceful, but dont exaggerate it!

So the difference is that it randomly hit someone :rolleyes: Well blow me if our luck sucks! Actions should be judged by the intention, not the result. To say that Milan's disgraceful actions as shown in the video is not as bad as Inter's actions last night just because the outcome was not as bad is hypocrisy at its best.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very well. Unfortunate incident but I would lay my life for any of those fans up there. Its a shame in one sense, but I will stnad by our diehards and understand their pain and suffering. IMO an incident like this was due for a long time in our Curva.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would also like to add that talking to 5 people after the match, all 5 told me they would have thrown flares as well, before realizing that it actually hit someone. That's all I'm going to comment on the matter.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Razman said:
Actions should be judged by the intention, not the result.
Excellent logic! I'll from now on swing a machete wildly in crowed places to get rid of that pesky mosquito chasing me relentless and speed home while intoxicated to get home before my wife's curfew.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OMG...hey Pila read the thread, please leave if you have nothing to do but attack our club/ideologies.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
OMG...hey Pila read the thread, please leave if you have nothing to do but attack our club/ideologies.
I have no interest in attacking your club, though they share in responsibility for allowing Animals to carry fireworks into the stadium. What I do have a problem with is the apologetic mentality that seek excuse this behavior.

Thanks for the warm wlecome, yer sweet.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey I warned you. If you have a problem with our Ultras, take it up with them. Set up a meeting with them on a side street of Milan, I know a contact within the Irridicubili group that can hook you up. Come prepared and then tell it to their face.- instead of this bullshit talking without having to back it up attitude you have.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Pila said:
Excellent logic! I'll from now on swing a machete wildly in crowed places to get rid of that pesky mosquito chasing me relentless and speed home while intoxicated to get home before my wife's curfew.
Then watch yourself being bullied around and called a retard. :)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its interesting to note how a certain Diavolo the Forum Manager of the Milan forum (yeah right, i know) questioned me when I said Milan is favored by the referees. He then proceeded to list out all this bullshit in a huge thread opening me up to attack. Well guess what. The two legs of the derby. That's all the fukin evidence I need you pathetic supporter. And go ahead, deny it like all the other Milan fans. Or say its inconsequential. Cuz we all know the real truth, and God knows the real truth. And he will send those to hell that deceive us.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At least my country's people, the USA, know the real truth. The annoucners and Sportscenter ppl did a good job of pointing out all the miscalls.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Hey I warned you. If you have a problem with our Ultras, take it up with them. Set up a meeting with them on a side street of Milan, I know a contact within the Irridicubili group that can hook you up. Come prepared and then tell it to their face.- instead of this bullshit talking without having to back it up attitude you have.
I'm not an Inter fan, it's not my dime being ruined. You guys go ahead and relent and excuse the social misfits that steal your hard-earned dime, no sweat off my ass.

Go Inter!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
woops nevermind

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Its interesting to note how a certain Diavolo the Forum Manager of the Milan forum (yeah right, i know) questioned me when I said Milan is favored by the referees. He then proceeded to list out all this bullshit in a huge thread opening me up to attack. Well guess what. The two legs of the derby. That's all the fukin evidence I need you pathetic supporter. And go ahead, deny it like all the other Milan fans. Or say its inconsequential. Cuz we all know the real truth, and God knows the real truth. And he will send those to hell that deceive us.
We are so lucky to face Inter merdas! When fortune wants to be in our side, it brings us Inter! that is our source of luck! It is not media, it is not referes, its pethatic Inter :yuck:

1 - 20 of 180 Posts