Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Barca supporter, I would like to know the reaction of you Lazio fans about the crazy tranfer of Figo to Madrid?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think barca has done a great deal, Figo is already old and not he is not as good as you think.

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
I think Figo is an idiot to join Real. :eek: He was the man in Camp Nou. He has won everything in Spain, so why didn´t he join a club in England or Italy. That would have been a challenge and he also speaks many languages. So this wouldn´t have been a prob either. And guys, her earned millions at Barca, why can you leave a club to get more money you´ll never be able to spent? Money, money, money! I can´t here it anymore. It sucks!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Barca shud have increased his salary to keep him there itself.
but now, it has gained a lot.
it is a good business for barca.
He has to prove his worthy in coming seasons.
if he is not in his current form, or injured for 10 matches, real will be the looser in this transfer.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swedish papers talks about an agreement between Figo and Reals new president as the reason the player choosed Real, of all clubs (a choice wich seems most irrational to me). The story goes like this:

Figo was to negotiate a new contract with Barca. To put presure on the Katalonians, he signed a contract with one of the candidates for the president's chair at Real - a candidate Figo never thought would win the elections, but who in the end came up on top. Since the deal was that Figo would either join Real in the event of an election triumph, or pay some 242 million SEK (20 million £(?)) to Real, Figo almost HAD to join the Madrid club.

This sounds like a somewhat amazing story, I know. On the other hand - in this one he joins Real not to LOOSE a fortune. If he joined Real just to add a new fortune to the one he already possessed, that would sound even more amazing to me. As Cpt Sandro points out: "He was the man in Camp Nou". Why destroy such a reputation by joining Barcas worst rival?

·
International
6,519 Posts
figo to REAL is same as Nesta to Juve, Milan or ROMA (merda)

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
It is also like Andreas Moeller from Dortmund to Schalke. This is the most controversial transfer in german football history. Moellers contract experid at the end of last season and Schalke signed him to a three year contact with his annual salary nearly US$ 3.5 million. Schalke + Dortmund is like Barca + Real or Juve + Lazio or Milan + Inter. But more intensive. The fans hate each other. Moeller was the most hated man at Schalke for years. He already forced Marc Wilmots, the most loved man at Schalke, to move to Bordeaux cause Wilmots didn´t like the fact Moeller came in. And the best thing: Schalke didn´t need Moeller. It would be the same if Milan would by Lizarazu although they already have Maldini. Just an example. But this transfer is very, very, very controversial!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeaa, what Totte said was correct. Figo got into this mess and he could not get out. How would Barca want to pay around £20m to cover-up for a player they already own.
I'm really frustrated with this guy. One day he says he love you and now......he has gone to our BIGGEST ENEMY...:mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even do I think the whole situation is a shame and I never expected a player like Figo would sell himself to the archrivals I must say that he can’t take the whole blame. The whole president election for the two clubs has been a giant soap opera in which the candidate would sell their own mothers to get some votes. I read that Figos new salary is three times he’s previous and honestly there are not many professionals who would turn that down.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
to barca fans !

hi !

What i think ? well i think barca is really crazy and they really need money but it was a big mistake to sell him he is great midfielder so what will happen to barca this i hope they don't get trouble in la liga and champion league. Maybe there is political means 'cause barca just will get the new president, right ? So the president will need a lot of money for the club or for others goals. Or someone who will be the new coach will change the squad. So he will be buy the ones. It means there is a compromise between the new president and the new coach. It's too bad barca lost figo !

bye bye ....

niks - Indonesia

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Figo is one of my fave,if he leaves barca,i do wish he'll come to Lazio.and about his leaving to madrid,well it is just a one side statement only.and i also heard that Figo got mad with madrid's president,since perez uses Figo's name for a political aim,Figo even said that he won't leave for madrid.so all still bias,but one thing for sure, that it's a stupid thing if barca let him go.Didn't Figo always perform consistantly during his time in barcelona?i think he did.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Figo made one hell of a big mistake. He was actually gambling when he took Real's new president offer (back then that guy was still a candidate). He didn't think the guy would actually win the election, but guess what, he did. And to Madrid Figo is going then.
I don't think he really wants to move to Madrid, though. From the way things were going when he was still in Barca, I don't think he had any problem with either the other players, the the fans, or the club. I still don't get the real reason why he decided to move to Real. I read it somewhere that his agent has a lot to do with it. If that's true, then the transfer was probably against Figo's own will.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts