Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had Gallas not scored that last minute winner we would have been 2 pts closer, it's still Chelsea's title to lose but i hope we make them sweat till the last day. :hopefull:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
The key phrase is that its still Chelski's title to lose. This loss will undoubtedly give United confidence but more importantly I hope that it will convince the rest of the teams in the League that Chelski are vulnerable once their Plan A does not work because Mourinho does not have a Plan B.

United seems to have stepped up a gear and it is no suprise that the improvement in form coincided with ronaldo getting his groove back and Louis having the confidence to bang in the goals. Just a couple of months back, United's attacking threat was limited to Ruud and Rooney alone and teams also sized that up and shut out the outlets up front. Now, we have all our forward players creating chances though i'd still like them to take a few more when they present themselves.

First it was Barcelona then Spurs and now Fulham. All these games have demonstrated that if you can negate the counter-attacking style of Chelsea by not giving them space at the back then Mourinho has no solution apart from resorting to long-ball tactics and using the muscles of the two front men. Says a lot about a midfield that was created for $250mn or more.:rollani:

If we win the game in hand then its down to 9 points but even then it would require a monumental effort from the team to win all the remaining 9 games before even hoping that Chelski would slip-up in the meantime. The form of our forwards give me hope but if we only had a better central midfield then I would have been even more confident. The way Chelski's been the beneficiaries of lady luck this season and their stifling and sometime robotic style of play tells me that the Blues will just make it to the finish line ahead of us.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Chelsea's next three games are quite easy, for the 'miracle' to happen, then they would have to lose at least one of these, after that they have a few toughies though.

I wouldn't put a fiver on it myself let alone a big bet.

and i won on United at 7/2 when Newcastle were running away with it under Keegan. :dazed:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jern, I bet you thought Chelsea's game v Fulham was easy eh?

Anything can happen pal and as I said, the title is Chelsea's to lose. :)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
united will not win it, only reduce the point-gap. in a few weeks time it will become clearer

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If we win our game in hand there's still a 9 point gap, its still Chelsea's to lose.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I just hope that IF we do finish only a couple/few points behind Chelsea that Fergie doesn't start thinking that our current side is good enough to challenge next season with the same players. He has in the past believed that when we were clearly not good enough (squad-wise) that we were simply unlucky.

No matter where we finish or how many points behind/infront we must buy 2 or 3 quality players. I know it, you all know it, lets just hope that Fergie knows it too. Coz nothing can be taken for granted.

Mascherano, Vicente and Ballack would do for me! :pp

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
*OZ* said:
united will not win it, only reduce the point-gap. in a few weeks time it will become clearer

this is nice to hear :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rio issues Reds rally

Rio Ferdinand has urged Manchester United to keep their own house in order as the business end of The Premiership draws near.

United are currently in second place and have been in superb recent form recently, notching up ten victories in just 12 matches.

Sandwiched between outright leaders Chelsea and third placed Liverpool, Ferdinand insists United must focus on their own game if they are to fulfill their end-of-season objectives.

The Old Trafford club may have to fend off a reinvigorated Liverpool if they are to qualify automatically for next season's UEFA Champions League while Sir Alex Ferguson will be determined to put as much pressure as possible on Jose Mourinho's champions who enjoy a very healthy 12-point lead over their rivals.

"Our form at the minute at the club is very good but that's something we need to maintain," Ferdinand told Sky Sports News.

"If we do it for a few weeks then stop then it's not worth it.

"We're just looking at our own game and keeping our own house in order and if we continue to do that we've got a good chance of finishing the season well."

United could still catch Chelsea at the summit should The Blues stutter with the chequered flag in sight although Ferdinand has refused to read too much into last Sunday's defeat to West London rivals Fulham.

"Teams are going to lose games throughout the season, they lost one the other day and it's part and parcel of the Premier League," added Ferdinand.

·
Registered
861 Posts
very diplomatic comments and by the law of averages its really high time that the chavs lose at home as under jose they have just lost to barca two weeks back. The only loss che have suffered at home. So they should get their act together and start repeating those antics at home.
What i'd personally like is a 2 point gap with cavs in the lead and then we go beat them up at stamford bridge......ahhh the thought :)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
just imagine the chants next year:

'WE WON THE LEAGUE, WE WON THE LEAGUE, IN STAMFORD BRIDGE IN STAMFORD BRIDGE...WE WON THE LEAGUE IN STAMFORD BRIDGE.... WE WON THE LEAGUE IIII-IN STAMFORD BRDIGE, WE WON THE LEAGUE IN STAMFORD BRIDGE!'

1 - 20 of 32 Posts