Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so tired about hearing all the great stuff when it comes to Veron! In the match against England today I think he was TERRIBLE! 75% of his passes was interrupted by an english player! He ruined our game! He has been mediocre in Man Utd at his best, and I honestly don`t think he deserves to be the playmaker of Argentina! Aimar was definitly better in that position in the 2nd half. I really can`t understand why Samuel plays all the long balls either! He strikes MANY 70 metres passes to Ortega who isn`t the best header in the world, to put it that way. Veron and Samuel disappointed me BIG TIME!! :fero:

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Veron has ALWAYS been over-rated. Even when he was at Lazio.

In the highest standards of football he fails.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i never thought of starting off in this forum by criticising one of my favourite players, but what can you do :( he really pissed me off today. what is this guy doing literally sleeping in the midfield. he has got everything what it takes to be big, so why is he playing like in the training match. over-rated is the word and the bench is the solution. get the captain armband away from him and give it to Zanetti (if Ayala won't get fit)- the real leader of the team.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Veron played for Man U today and not for Argentina but he is not the only one.I feel that Simeone let me down along with Pochettino and Placente too, they lost so many balls but on the other hand Beckham played like S-h-i-t also, didn't do absolutely nothing but celebrated like he earned it or something, all he did was to take a pk, anybody can score that, or almost anybody, the men of the match were by far Owen and Cole and the defense. Veron in my opinion needs to be benched in the next game, he just cannot handle the pressure being put on him by the English press, the whistling in our national anthom etc etc, I think he was more worried about his 48 million pounds instead of Argentina.I said before that instead of Chamot who absolutely stniked as a player all his life Bielsa should have taken Coudet and Cambiasso, and what about Cavennagi, the top goal scorer in the argentina league instead of Canniggia, who lives in a world of injury. I hope we can rebound from this one.:)

·
Registered
271 Posts
You can't lay all the blame on Veron. Perhaps it looks like Veron is responsible for the loss because he is the playmaker, the central organ of the team and when he does badly, the team does badly.

As others have pointed out, all the players were out of sync with one another. Despite holding england deep, they looked so nervous they didnt trust each other to control their zone. In fact, Bielsa before the game was teaching the players to zone mark instead of man mark, whereby each player is responsible for a subset of the pitch. This obviously failed miserably today.

I'm really depressed about this situation not because we lost but because its hard to see what exactly went wrong. Like how can they improve in time for the next match? This is Bielsa's dilemma. Sure there are many minor errors, but nothing major you can pick on. :fero:

Again all credit to England. That siege they built towards the end was very solid.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Federico-Texas said:
Veron played for Man U today and not for Argentina but he is not the only one.I feel that Simeone let me down along with Pochettino and Placente too, they lost so many balls but on the other hand Beckham played like S-h-i-t also, didn't do absolutely nothing but celebrated like he earned it or something, all he did was to take a pk, anybody can score that, or almost anybody, the men of the match were by far Owen and Cole and the defense. Veron in my opinion needs to be benched in the next game, he just cannot handle the pressure being put on him by the English press, the whistling in our national anthom etc etc, I think he was more worried about his 48 million pounds instead of Argentina.I said before that instead of Chamot who absolutely stniked as a player all his life Bielsa should have taken Coudet and Cambiasso, and what about Cavennagi, the top goal scorer in the argentina league instead of Canniggia, who lives in a world of injury. I hope we can rebound from this one.:)
i absolutly agree with you. except for the cavenaghis part.
veron has ritgh now a low self confidence, and he cannot handle the pressure all the pressure on his shoulders.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Russell said:
Veron has ALWAYS been over-rated. Even when he was at Lazio.

In the highest standards of football he fails.
good luck to us trying to sell him off now. We'll be lucky to get 5 million for him;) Oh well.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Fred Elliot said:

good luck to us trying to sell him off now. We'll be lucky to get 5 million for him;) Oh well.
5 million euros :D?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
would be better than 5 million NZ roubles;)
anyways, I will be very happy if he is going to cause you a big lose :D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
assassin old boy, will you still be one of the Man Utd faithful if veron moves on next season?;)
I am a big fan on Man United even before I know Veron. And after he joined them last season, I have become the biggest supporter to them, but the way the media and the fans treated him was a big let-down to me.

Hope he will shine in the world cup and then in Man United :)

:cool: :kewl: :ditto: ;):dielaugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts