Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has always bemused my why such a football mad country such as Norway has a 26 game Premier division, which compared to other European countries is considerably less games played.

And if your team goes out of the Cup at the first round and doesn't qualify for Europe then your team plays just 27 games in a season - just over 2 games a month.

A 14 team league is a peculiar number of teams - play each other twice too few games play each other 4 times too many games.

There are a number of options that are better than the current situation and I believe that there are a number of better options which I shall present to you:

Option 1
20 Team Tippeliga (38 game season - 14 teams from current league + top 6 1 division)

20 Team 1. Division (38 games season - 10 teams from current league plus top 10 2. division)

Option 2

10 Team Tippeliga (36 Game Season top 10 in current tippeliga)

10 team 1 Division(36 game season - bottom 4 tippeliga top 6 1 divison)

10 team div 2 north(36 games - most northerly 5 bottom 10 1 division + top 5 northern 2 division)
10 team div 2 south (see above)

Option 3

10 team tippeliga north
10 team tippeliga south

two champs mett in league final

Personally, I would like to see Option 2 put in place, Perhaps option 1 would be difficult due to the lack of quality. Option 3 would help remote teams and save travel costs.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
There are many answers to this, the most obvious one is the weather conditions in the winter. Nevertheless I will answer to your options.

1) Twenty teams is too much. Not because of low quality, even if we are a relatively small nation, but because it would involve too many matches for a country with our weather conditions.

2) Norwegians love the standard league where each team meets eachother twice, like in the big European leagues. In the same way, Norwegians think the Swiss and Scottish systems are ridiculous. Even with 14 teams big teams with good players don't get a place in the top league. A ten team league will never happen.

3) Never, ever will this happen in any sort of way possible. It's vital that all the best teams can play in the same league every season. How do you think the Premier League would be, if you put United in one league, and Liverpool in another even if those were the two best teams that season?

If you want more matches, especially now that the new modern artificial grass that is of much higher quality than it used to be, is on the way in, you can play all year round. One good option, is to have a 16 team league, like the Norwegian division one. Then all teams have 30 matches, an improvement, and you would also have more room for all the really popular teams.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Believe me, you wouldn't want games played on artificial grass. UEFA's decision to allow it even in EC-games is one of the worst ever.
There's artificial grass in Salzburg for 3 years now (the stuff said to be the "best" on the market), and you simply can't play on such a pitch. Games are awful, all the time. Everyone is complaining, even the referees! It's totally different to play on artificial grass compared with natural grass. And it's bad for players' health as well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
tgv325 said:
Believe me, you wouldn't want games played on artificial grass. UEFA's decision to allow it even in EC-games is one of the worst ever.
There's artificial grass in Salzburg for 3 years now (the stuff said to be the "best" on the market), and you simply can't play on such a pitch. Games are awful, all the time. Everyone is complaining, even the referees! It's totally different to play on artificial grass compared with natural grass. And it's bad for players' health as well.
You can. AaFK just opened their new Cololine Stadium and I was surprise by the turf. It's a lot better than any artifical pitch I've ever seen. The players, the refs and the managers were all very happy with the pitch. The standard of the grass today is more than good enough for prem football.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
In fact the Odd players said that the artificial grass was much better to play on than normal grass. Normally I would expect a losing team to blame their loss on something like that, but it didn't happen at all in this case.

The pitch was beautiful yesterday, and the play flowed really smoothly.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Hm, that's a surprise for me. But let's wait a few more weeks, in the beginning everyone was happy in Salzburg as well. Or there's already another "version" of artificial grass.
I can just tell you what I "saw" in Salzburg, and if you're relying basically on "technical play", you're usually f*cked, because the ball is bouncing differently. Maybe/Hopefully(!) that's different in Aalesund. In the end Salzburg is very unhappy, because what proofed to be an advantage in the beginning, is a disadvantage in all away-games now, while teams playing in Salzburg reduce their technical skills to a minimum, getting points the "ugly way"...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts