Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VG has made their official dreamteam from the Tippliga 2004.
Playing in a 4-4-2 formation

Ali Al-Habsi (Lyn)
David Brocken (VIF) - Ragnvald Soma (SKB) - Frode Kippe (LSK) - Christoffer Andersson (LSK)
M.G. Pedersen (TIL) - Adrian Gashi (VIF) - Petter Rudi (Molde) - Super-Ray (SKB)
Brian West (FFK) - Robbie Winters (SKB)

·
Registered
258 Posts
This is absolutly bollocks..... Not a single RBK player and three Brann players... Excuse me, who won the gold?

·
Registered
73 Posts
duttend said:
This is absolutly bollocks..... Not a single RBK player and three Brann players... Excuse me, who won the gold?
I was wondering about this as well. I don't follow the Norwegian league, so I have no way of knowing how right or wrong VG may be with this team. But still, a "dream team" without any players from the championship winning side...that's a first to me.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
duttend said:
I agree with you but then again..three Brann players:D :tongue:
Forza Brann!:D

·
Registered
559 Posts
The reason for this is, according to VG and the Rosenborg coach, that Rosenborg won the league by showing the best team efford, but with the other teams more relying on one or two individual star players...

And then also the fact that the old Rosenborg star, Ørjan Berg, was injured alot this season and therfore only got to play 15 games. One game short of qualifying for the team by knocking out Ardian Gashi ..

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, since Arason didn't qualify, I think Espen Johnsen should have gotten the goalie spot. And Ørjan berg almost got a spot in the midfield. Otherwise I think it's a fairly good dreamteam. Rosenborg hasn't exactly been quality this season.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well... Atleast we could see Johnsen there...
First the top scorers list:

Code:
Frode Johnsen  		Rosenborg 	19  
Alexander Ødegaard  	Sogndal 		15  
Olivier Occean 		Odd Grenland 	14  
Arild Sundgot 		Lillestrøm 	14  
Raymond  Kvisvik 		Brann 		13  
Robbie Winters 		Brann 		13  
Gylfi Einarsson 		Lillestrøm 	12  
Markus Ringberg 		Fredrikstad 	11  
Ole Martin Årst 		Tromsø 		11  
Jan Derek Sørensen		Lyn 		9
Then the assist list:
Code:
Pål Strand 		Lillestrøm 	10  
Karim Essediri 		Tromsø 		9  
Frode Johnsen 		Rosenborg 	7  
Harald Martin Brattbakk 	Rosenborg 	7  
Espen Hoff 		Odd Grenland 	7  
Peter Kopteff		Viking 		7  
Fredrik Winsnes		Rosenborg 	7  
Petter Vaagan Moen 	Ham-Kam 		6  
Øyvind Storflor 		Rosenborg 	6  
Brian West		Fredrikstad 	6
Combined:
Code:
Frode Johnsen 		Rosenborg 	26  
Raymond Kvisvik 		Brann 		18  
Robbie Winters 		Brann 		18  
Olivier Occean 		Odd Grenland 	17  
Alexander Ødegaard 	Sogndal 		16  
Arild Sundgot 		Lillestrøm 	15  
Ole Martin Årst 		Tromsø 		15  
Markus Ringberg 		Fredrikstad 	14  
Gylfi Einarsson 		Lillestrøm 	13  
Karim Essediri 		Tromsø 		12

Just a small pattern here? How our best striker pairing is Brian West - Robbie Winters is beyond me.... :rolleyes:

Another thing, why isn't Hagen there? Vålerenga has let in 22 goals all season, while the second best is Lyn with 31 goals. And last but not least, what does Rudi do there?? I simply can't believe it.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hagen has been hyped up beyond belief. If he didn't play for VIF, he wouldn't be mentioned in the media. The reason noone has scored against Vålerenga is their style of play. They are the most defensive team in the league. It's just the past few games they've started playing attacking football, and they never would have been able to without Arason and Iversen.

When it comes to the striker problem, Johnsen has had a few good games, but mostly he's been bad in my opinion. There is more to a player than scoring goals, although I agree, for a striker, that's the most important thing for them to do.

I feel that the best strikers in the league this year has been Winters and Occean, not West or Johnsen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts