Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brazil's victory in WC 2002 made me think so :D
Just like what Scolari said: "give defence work to defenders and attack work to attackers".
In fact, United have an inherent potential to playing 3-5-2. I think the only gap is centre defender, but it's will be ok if United get Rio from Leeds.
Think about what you have in current squad: talent defender Wes Brown; great defence midfielders -- Roy Keane and Butt; 2 best wingers beyond the memory of men; an always being underrated AM -- Scholes; of course also RVN and Ole you have. WOW, what a squad !!!!!!!! Considering you have also many great bench members like Phil, Silvest, Fortune and Forlan, Fergie can change the formation between attack and defence easily. In a word, if there have only ONE team deserve 3-5-2, that is Manchester United !!!! :angel: :angel: :angel:

PS: Since to a 3-5-2 playing MU, JSV is absolutely a crap, release him PLS !!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
well there's a fundamental problme with this theory; we could barely defend last season with 4 men, so how the hell are we going to do any better with 3?

also, the EPL has traditionally had 4-4-2 as the dominant formation and until other teams start to experiment with this formation it would be too risky.

however benefits of this sytem, should be able to bring in some decent defenders would mean we could incorporate both butt and scholes and keane into the team which might work very well indeed.

it's also worth noting that many of the top european teams play with wing-backs, however giggs and beckham aren't exactly natural wing-backs. brazil are blessed with roberto carlos and cafu, we however are not!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Beefy said:
well there's a fundamental problme with this theory; we could barely defend last season with 4 men, so how the hell are we going to do any better with 3?

however benefits of this sytem, should be able to bring in some decent defenders would mean we could incorporate both butt and scholes and keane into the team which might work very well indeed.
My sentiments exactly....couldnt have said it better myself...thank you alex for putting it so eloquently :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts