Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now its 2 English league titles for Chelski.

Congrats fellas. It took more than money for y'all to win the title this year, that much I freely admit.

I was especially impressed with Terry and Lampard. Incredible pillars of strength!

I don't know about you guys, but Tuesday night can't come too soon for me. Should be enough excitement to compensate for the tactical battle at the Bridge. May the best team win.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Will defo be worth watching! Since we are done with the domestic competitions,we expect everything good,healthy and available being thrown at ya while you would also put more effort in trying to take at least CL:)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I don't care if this sounds like sour grapes but something has to be done about those goaline decisions. Not one angle I saw definitively showed that ball across the line.

And that was the worst 180 minutes of football I've ever seen.

Tears

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
Ljubuski said:
I don't care if this sounds like sour grapes but something has to be done about those goaline decisions. Not one angle I saw definitively showed that ball across the line.

And that was the worst 180 minutes of football I've ever seen.

Tears
completely with you on that one.. but i guess since our players didn't contest it then what can we say :moan:

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I'm telling you guys now and until I see with my own eyes that ball cross the line, that the linesman made a bad call. There is no way with his angle could he be 100% sure that the ball crossed completely, no way. And especially after all the overhead angles we have and reverse angles and still, I haven't seen a definitive shot of it.

Moreover I don't understand how there wasn't a camera closer to the goal in the Kop End. I can't imagine if the US networks covered this there would be a problem with knowing for sure.

Again, if anyone has a definitive shot of it please post it.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Come on guys leave it, you saw how your players didn't protest, not even Gallas, or was was it Makelele who hacked it off the line. They didnt protest because the referee had out his whistle to his mouth the moment Baros went to ground, he was gonna signal a penalty and probably send Cech off as well, and was just waiting to see if the ball crossed the goal line in which case he'd play the advantage, as it were. No need being hung up about it, unless you feel you would have had a better shot with 10 men and the sub would have saved the penalty.

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
The Merengue said:
Come on guys leave it, you saw how your players didn't protest, not even Gallas, or was was it Makelele who hacked it off the line. They didnt protest because the referee had out his whistle to his mouth the moment Baros went to ground, he was gonna signal a penalty and probably send Cech off as well, and was just waiting to see if the ball crossed the goal line in which case he'd play the advantage, as it were. No need being hung up about it, unless you feel you would have had a better shot with 10 men and the sub would have saved the penalty.

if the game was in the bridge i dont think he would have given it a goal..

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Just gotta live with it.....Joses luck turned on him, considering last year he won it with Porto, when a perfect Scholesy goal which got ruled out, wouldve knocked em out.

What goes around, comes around.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
The Merengue said:
:thmbup:

·
THE
14,155 Posts
The Merengue said:
You can't possibly be that stupid.
Naturally in game all players constantly looking at ref's mouth to see what he does. And also reading ref's mind. Yeah, right.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I understand that the goal was called and I should accept it and have. Good luck Liverpool in Istanbul.

But my point is my eyes did not see that damned ball cross the line. With all the replays available we as viewers should have definitive proof that it did and we, or at least I, do not. This is why I asked for someone to post it if it's there. If it's there to see then fine.

Furthermore if the ref was playing advantage and he didn't call the goal and gave a pk and sent off Cech, the score is still nil-nil. A penalty does not automatically mean a goal and Chelsea are still equal with Liverpool.

One man down be damned I've seen teams with 10 men dominate some games.

But as it stands I still have not seen that ball cross the line, and if I didn't then neither did the ref nor the linesman.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
kat said:
You can't possibly be that stupid.
Naturally in game all players constantly looking at ref's mouth to see what he does. And also reading ref's mind. Yeah, right.
i've read enough of your posts to know you do actually take stupidity to levels previously thought impossible, so I'm really not interested in engaging in any conversation with you.:) But I do now understand that if I ever do, everything I tell you has to be spelt out like being explained to a child, which requires more time than I've got.

·
THE
14,155 Posts
How shallow. You ever worked with kids? They are actually smart and can accept smart short replys and explanations very quickly. However, when you say that you need lots of time to explane anything to a child, well, ask from any proffesional, they say, it only shows that your are simply silly.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Regardless of video evidence, I think the biggest indicator is that the Chelsea players didn't put up much of an argument. Don't even start on professionalism and getting on with the game, there's no such thing in football.

They put up a weak argument, but hardly the kind of protest you get with players when this kind of thing happens

·
THE
14,155 Posts
Hard to belive but we do have some class. Have you ever seen ref who would of disallowed a goal after he just has counted it?

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
kat said:
How shallow. You ever worked with kids? They are actually smart and can accept smart short replys and explanations very quickly. However, when you say that you need lots of time to explane anything to a child, well, ask from any proffesional, they say, it only shows that your are simply silly.
For the last time, seriously, I'm not interested in conversation with you.:) Go find someone else to pester.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts