Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel sorry for you people who still haven't seen the best Danish player.

Peter "Magic" Madsen (he's also the reason why I am called Magic#10 as he wears number 10 at Brøndby).

He's a great attacker - he's better technically than both Sand and Tomasson (though "Kanon" Dahl Fourgoalsson probably will play again as he has done ok ;) )

Sand seems to be in a low and Magic is full of confidence - hope Olsen give him a chance in one of the coming 4 matches ;)

Always look on the bright side of life.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Calling him the best Danish players is maybe a bit too exaggerated ;). But he might be it in the future though:).

He got an injury short before the Uruguray match and he's still suffering from it. I hope he'll be ready soon and hopefully soon enough to maybe be our joker for the 1/8-finals ;).

It's true that Ebbe Sand hasn't been our best player so far in this WC, but you shouldn't underestimate his value for the team. His work rate in the matches has a great importance and has made holes for Jon Dahl. I think Morten Olsen's tactic today was truely genius. Starting with Christian Poulsen as an xtra midfielder was brilliant. We then changed from a 4-3-3 to a 4-5-1. The 3 central midfielders worked their arses off and actually controlled in huge parts of the match. Our wingers had a more defensive approach to the match than what they're used, but should still be very offensive in our counter-attacks. Jon Dahl Tomasson has really impressed me a lot at this WC. Before the turnament I thought Ebbe Sand would be the man with our goals and not Jon Dahl. I really didn't think he would make such an impact, with scoring 4 goals :eek:! Well DBOY knows that I'm not really the biggest Jon Dahl fan, but I might begin to though :D.

Then I must say that I'm a HUGE Peter Madsen aka Psycho, aka Magic fan. He's a very talented player (although he's not as young as many other talents at this level, he still has the gift to do very well in a European top club). This World Cup isn't the time for him to break through though. He's here to learn and that should actually be with a couple of minutes on the pitch, but it hasn't been so because of his injury.

Peter Madsen is definitely a man of the future for the Danush NT. Along Christian Poulsen, who handled Zizou quite well today ;).

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Know about the injury - thought he was fit though...

I just think he could add that extra to the great Danish team effort - you know - him passing or shooting on goal with a "Maradona" - the one where he shoots with the "wrong" foot.. He would be icing on the cake.

Agree that Sand works his arse off and helped Tomasson score in the first 2 matches.
And about Jon Dahl - he's in the kind of form Sand was in at a moment in the Danish league - will never forget when he scored 4 goals at Vejle... I didn't get to see any of them - I was so drunk and Vejle stadium is very bad in the rain - guess it was foggy too...or was it just me...We had a nice trip back home though on the same ferry as the players and I had a "serious" talk with Bjerregaard that he soon as possible should buy Allan Nielsen back...he's not back yet and this was in 97!!! Hope he comes home now then!!

While I have been rambling TV4 Sverige shows the match again...gotta see it so see whether Rommedahl and Tomasson score again...and to listen to the Swedish commentators..

Well, ok I guess Madsen will get some chances in the qualifiers for Euro 2004...hard for him as a newbie to take a place from a player on a successful team though I think we will start in a 4-3-3 again in the 1/8 finals...then again it depends on the opponent - I have all faith in Morten Olsen doing the right thing!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Magic#10 said:
I just think he could add that extra to the great Danish team effort ...
He would be icing on the cake.
True. If he's ready for the 1/8 finals I actually think he could start in. But then again it might be better to have Ebbe Sand in the attack with his great heading skills up against the English defenders. That is if we don't play the same tactic as we did against France. Well it's all very hard to say...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I certainly hope he'll break through, how could I lose on it :). It would benefit him, Denmark, and make it more likely that he'll be sold so I won't have to see him knocking them in for you next year ;). A fantastic player for sure.

Freddy, since you say it yourself, thanx :stuckup:. I'm of course talking about that 'brilliant move with the xtra midfielder', which I myself, oh so tactically wise :howler:, predicted in the Per Frandsen thread :proud:.

Anyway, when will our psycho lad be ready :)?

Daniel

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Indeed, Madsen is talented but I don't think it is his time yet. Ebbe Sand is still ahead of him and I belive that the reason why he didn't score yet is because the defences of our opponets was so aware of him. I've watched the Uruguay and Senegal games quite a few times and it is quite clear that where in attack, two defenders concentrated on Sand, leaving Jon Dahl all alone to score. :) So if Sand might not score all that much he still draws a lot of attention to him which can and has proven vital. Madsen's time will come.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Having seen him at close hand I can tell you that young Peter Lovenkrands is also a bit useful and exceptionally quick although slightly slower than Rommedahl. I believe PL takes 10.3 seconds for the 100m.:D

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well now JD got a smaller injury, and is very doubtful to our game tomorrow, Peter might have a bigger chance of 'showing his talents' out live :) Lets hope M.Olsen has the confidence in Madsen to put him on the field :D

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Who is this Madsen guy? I've vaguely heard of him, i know he's quite good at CM, ;), but other than that, nothing else. So could any illuminated Dane enlighten us about this player?:) For exemple, where does he play? what's his position? best attributes, weaknesses, age, height, weight and other similar and relevant infos.
Thanks.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts