Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time to rest & tinker is over!

Let Ruudy & Giggsy rest in the summer when most of their team mates are playing in the WC!

my team for the rest of the season (if on form & not injured) would be this:

"Barmy" Barthez - Makes the odd error but has the experience & is still a top class goalie!

P Nev - Does ok!

G Nev - Has done well as CB!

O'Shea - Didn't put a foot wrong b 4 he was injured & deserves another go!

"Silly" Silvestre - We need him for his pace!

A midfield of:

Becks_________Keano________Veron__________Giggs

RVN & Ole/Forlan/(maybe) Di Canio up front

Subs:

Goalie: Carroll or Van Der Gouw - i don't mind!

Def: Brown or Johnsen (IF fit)

Mid: Butty & Scholes

St: Ole, Forlan or Di Canio (if we sign him) - One of those 3 will be in the starting line-up, 1 will be on the bench & the other in the stands!

i think Blanc has shown that maybe his "experience" ain't what UTD need! :eekani:

Scholes is having his worse season for UTD & i'd rather let Keano & Veron develop an understanding together with Becks & Giggs being their normal selfs on the wings!

Scholes, Butt, Brown etc... will get their chance to reclaim their starting place when injuries/suspensions or bad form occur, but that's my starting XI! :)

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Fergie again defended his decision of resting Ruud,saying that the lad was tired .:rollani:Hopefully this will be the last time in the season ruud needs anymore rest andfrom now on fergie putsout the best possible team he has.

M.A.T,its unlikely that Blanc wont feature in our defense so I'd suggest a back four of:Gaz----Blanc---O'Shea---Silvestre---

Gaz is our best option in the right flank,not because Phil is very,very inconsistent but his link-up with Beckham in the right flank also helps a great deal during attack.

O'Shea will need someone with experience to play longside with and Blanc fits int this role perfectly.He can nurture this young talent and in between put in some solid performances as well.

O'Shea should be a given a steady run of games,IMO.Look at Pavon in Real Madrid.He came out of nowhere and suddenly is one of the lynchpins of the Real defense.He is getting better with exposure and with Hierro playing alongside him,that guy is growing in stature each game.O'Shea would do even better,IMO:)

Silvestre has performed well in the last couple of months and looks pretty good going forward.We also dont have many options since Irwin is really well past his prime and is his last performance is anything to go by,then its better that denis spends more time in the bench.

In midfield I am more confident playing with two DM's as it gives more cover to our fragile defense and with.The main problem with this tactic is to fit the attacking players into the other positions.Whenver Butt has started Becks was left in the bench and Fergie cannot afford to do that always.

One option would be playing Veron on the left flank and Becks on the right while Giggsy plays as a withdrawn striker behind Ruud.Scholes would be relegated to the bench.However the problem is,whenever Veron played on that wing,he usually drifted into the center leaving the opposing fullback completely free and thus putting more pressure on Micke.

Another option would be to do what you have suggested and go for a flat four in midfield with Keano and Veron in center and Giggs and Becks in the wings.With Veron's defensive ability,it puts a lot of pressure on Keane and also on the defense as the opposing teams finda bit more space to play with in the center of the field.But in recent games Seba has improved this aspect of his game and hopefully it will keep on improving.

Personally I'd like to see Ruud partnered by Ole or Forlan up front because thats when the Dutchman is at his best.It also gives the team another marksman to aim for and also the attack becomes less predictable.

So,I think that a 4 man midfield and Ole partnering Ruud would be the best option currently.In defense O'Shea should be given a chance to play by moving Gaz to his preferred right back role.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
scholes has to be an automatic choice. veron is too inconsistant and hasn't been at the club long enough to know what it's all about. butt has earned his place in midfield, as has giggs up front. i don't know much about this forlan chap, but for just £7M he can't be that good. apparently d'alessandrio wants to join us. scholes would be on the left until then with phil on the right, micky on the left and gaz and o'shea in the centre.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Blanc will retire
Irwin will Quite playing or leave manutd
Johnsen said maybe he'll go
Scholes??
If He didnt played he'll go...

·
Registered
441 Posts
He has been injured for a while and is only just getting back to full fitness.

The defence has look more assured without him to be honest though

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beef0128 said:
scholes has to be an automatic choice. veron is too inconsistant
Ok Beefy, hand on your heart answer this as honest as you can, ok?

Do you agree that Argentina are the 2nd best international team in the world? Do you also agree that with the climate in Japan they have a great chance to win the WC?

Now, would you also agree that Veron has been a regular in that team for years now?

Right, here is the question:

IF Scholes was an Argie, do you honestly believe he would displace Veron from that team?

i await your response, over to you Beefy!

S

·
0 Posts
I don´t see Scholes displacing Veron form the starting linup, even thoug with the rotation system, he might SOMETIMES.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Both Scholes and Veron are pretty inconsistent, although, I have to say, I was impressed with Veron during the Liverpool game.
I can't comment on Middlesborough, as I haven't been able to see it, but if he sticks to his word, and plays with the edge he displayed against the scousers, I think he might make it into the first team a bit more often. But whether it will be at the expense of Scholes, is hard to tell. Veron seems quite versatile, and may well keep Becks out if he shows more focus and determination than our Dave has as of late;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts