Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the last minute of the last round we passed the pigs:tongue: :D ;) :cool: :tongue: and still knocked out VASCU:D ;) :tongue: :cool:

1º Corinthians 31 15
Palmeiras 31 15
3º São Paulo 26 15
4º São Caetano 25 15
5º Fluminense 24 15
Vasco 24 15
7º Botafogo 23 15
Jundiaí 23 15
Santos 23 15
10º Portuguesa 20 15
Ponte Preta 20 15
Guarani 20 15
13º Flamengo 15 15
14º Americano 11 15
15º Bangu 8 15
16º América 7 15

Now let's face Sao Paulo and make them suffer again, just like we did 2 weeks ago
;) :D and then head for our UNIQUE DOUBLE!!!;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I'm happy Corinthians beat Vascow but I'm not too content that Romario didn't get to score a goal on this once. :(

Oh well, i'm seriously happy that that Sao Paolo continue to go on because i really do like Franca and Kaka. :D

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patrick,
Then prepare the paper tissue, cause next round it's your turn to be crushed by the ALL POWERFUL CORINTHIANS!!!:tongue: ;) :D :cool:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Don't worry, I could care less if they win or lose at this point but if they win I'm always happy for them, It's not like i share the same feelings for them that i do with Inter and PSG or Brazil's national team itself, so it's all good. :D

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Ze, I thought 1st place plays 4th and 2nd place plays 3rd, so Corinthians would play São Caetano in the semi-finals and Palmeiras would play São Paulo.

But O Timão could still crush São Paulo in the RJ-SP final! :D

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Me too, but these guys have crap in there head.
I mean the team that has less yellow cards can have a bigger advantage than a team that has won more games:rolleyes: :eek:

These rules should be done better, but it has already been signed.

I would prefer to play Sao Caetano too, but gives us Sao Paulo, in the last few years every time we meet themin the semi final they choke! This time will be no different (the only time they beat us in a semis in the last few years was when we were in 3 tounrmanets and got exauhsted and lost all of them in 1 week):( :devil: :devil:

But we are on a rise, and they are in a downfall!;)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I would be fine with any of them: Palmeiras, São Caetano, or São Paulo. I am confident that Corinthians would do well against them all. As for the final, while it would be nice to meet São Caetano, a win over Palmeiras would be very sweet.

Ze, by the way, what are your thoughts about Parreira thus far?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want the final us against the pigs....they owe us a lot of miseries those [email protected], and also a good win over Luxemburgo would be the icing on the cake;)
About Parreira ihe is doing better than i tohught. As i said when he took over, he was the right man for the job. We needed a rationale guy to control the lunatic that works in the club (Citadini), and give a little bit more of stability for the team.

We finally never heard the name of Citadini again saying crap (unless the story of Rogerio Ceni and Kaka + Canhoteiro with Zagallo), and Parreira instead of adopting his usual 442, is making a brilliant 433, were the team does not miss Luizao so much. Last year when we misssed Luizao we lost 60% of the team, now we lost him and we probably got better;) :D

Also he brought in brilliant youngsters such as Fabricio. This guy will rockin the future and the football of vampeta has flourished again after 1 year and half being a bit lost.

Today, we are probably the most balanced team in Brazil, playing an attacking football, 433 with 2 wingers and 3 midfielders that can both tackle and ditribute the game perfectly (Fabricio, Vampeta and Ricardinho).... i would give a 10/10 for Parreira!;) :cool: :plus his back office has been superb as usual;)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Sounds great. I hope Parreira will stay at Corinthians a good while, to bring more fortunes to the club. I also hope the board won't interfere with any stupid transfer decisions: selling good players and buying rubbish. Bringing back Vampeta has been a great step.

The way things are going, I think Corinthians will do very well the second semester! :cool: :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Depends tim,
If we wint teh Copa Do brasil we might not do so well in the second semester, as traditionally in Brazilian football, once a team is already in the LIbertadores they sort of lose a bit the enthusiasm.

Also we got to see who will leave and who will come. It's too early to say that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts