Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I was for Tim Heading for England and playing for an English club, yet Man U was not the team I was hoping for and in part never thought he would get the opportunity to show his ability. I was wrong.
Tim has taken his place as Man U's starting Keeper and done it with conviction. Ive had the Unfortunate time on my hands of late to see a lot of the Man U matches to my dissmay, the only thing that makes that barable is that Howard plays for them. Though not playing great as he did with the Metros he has played well, yet for a change the United defence in front of Tim has played the best Ive seen in a number of years, so Tim hasnt had to be spectacular. The asset that Tim has brought to the side id=s knowing that he wont make the Bahrtez Flops United has come to know.
In any event Tim has drawn praise and attention from his Peers.

Peter Schmeichel has said:

HOWARD'S WAY SUITS PETER
Former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel tells the Daily Express that Tim Howard is his perfect replacement. United have spent months searching for a replacement goalkeeper following Schmeichel's departure in 1999 and have now found the ideal keeper in Tim Howard

The Sun has also claimed that Fergies signing of Tim is one of the best signings of the year:

FERGIE LOVES HIS YANKEE PANKY
The Sun says Alex Ferguson is really pleased with American goalkeeper Tim Howard since his summer move from the USA. Howard was virtually unknown but has proved to be one of Ferguson's best signings.

Thats a great compliment due to his other signings of the two outstanding Brasilians.

Ah just another New Jersey native Making the Big time in footie.;)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tim Howard single handedly kept Man U at the top of the EPL. Today Man U won 2-1 against Bolton who brought the best out of the young American Keeper. The Only goal scored against the lad was an own goal by Gary Neville.
Sir Alex the Man U manager had nothing but praise for Tim saying when we signed him we never expected him to preform the way he has for us.

Bolton Manager also sung Tim's praises as he admitted that Man U didnt beat them but Tim Howard.

Way to go Tim you will have to give Bruce some Headaches on who will start come WC Qualifier time.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
He should be. He is better than Kellar and Brad. Watchout for Goalie Steve Cronin , I think he is the next good Amercian goalie.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cronin was named as part of the olympic team do you think he will get a chance to start?

As far as Tim goes Im sure he will be the #1 when the WC qualifiers start Bazman yet Arena may go with Experience in the earlier matches.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
PAULMAY said:
Cronin was named as part of the olympic team do you think he will get a chance to start?

I don't know , he is still young

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would put him in against Panama and Countess in for Canada and Hondorus.

Looks like Tim had another good weekend with another clean sheet. In a scoreless affair with Newcastle.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They Couldnt call up Friedel or Keller as they are too old for the Olympics. Howard could play but they wouldnt call him up for that as the US will be getting a ton of money from Man U if he remains thier #1 at the end of the season. They wouldnt risk injuring him.

The US arent calling up any of the European players for thier friendly with Denmark or Holland Either over the next two months.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tim goes from hero to goat in one week. Man U falls to last place Wolves on a lone goal that should have been saved by Tim. It actually went right through his arms. I hope he doesnt allow this one to affect him. He is young and I hope it doesnt hurt his confidence.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
This kind of thing happens also to the best, just remember that :)

So when does Howard play for the USA then? Only in the World Cup and such?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it does but never to me. :D If you remember that Keeper Enkleman I believe from last season that let that throw in go under his foot, for an own goal, that ruined his whole season. I dont be think he has started this season.:eek:

Can play on your mind a bit.

Our next WC qualifier Is in June

World Cup Qualifying: Guyana/Grenada vs. U.S. 6/13/2004 Location shall be determined

I believe Man U will be comming here in June to play exhibition matches as last season he may be called up for that but Arena may stay with Friedel and Keller for the early matches. No use risking an injury.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Hes deef top 5 keepers in the word maybe top 3 dida kahn and then him?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Maybe not yet but I would put him in the top 10

The top 5 and one can argue the order but for me it is:

Buffon Italy
Vander Sar Holland
Marcos Brasil
Carduccini Italy
Kahn Germany

Kahn for Germany has had a poor season so far so I dropped him down in the pecking order.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
How did i forget Buffon holy crappers im going to cry he is like 2nd best in the world

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
mufyn said:
Howard is by far the best goalkeeper in the US

Wait until you get a load of Cronin(San Jose)

Walker is good too;)

·
Registered
79,609 Posts
PAULMAY said:

The top 5 and one can argue the order but for me it is:

Buffon Italy
Vander Sar Holland
Marcos Brasil
Carduccini Italy
Kahn Germany

:D

only Buffon out of that are in the top 5.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts