SEMIFINALS 1st Leg: January 23rd
BRESCIA PARMA -

MILAN JUVENTUS

Forza Juventus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:excited:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Okay guys...since this turn-over system is now well settled...
...who do you guys think will be the 11 starters ?? :)

GK - We should stick with Carini in goal and let Buffon rest for Serie A and the Champion's League

DF - I hope Lippi realised that the opponent is Milan coz Paramatti in central defence [better say on the field] this is not gonna fly... His case is desperate, nothing can be done to save him and neither Birindelli btw...
I would go for Zenoni, Iuliano, Ferrara/Montero (1 half each) and Pessotto...

MF - No excuses this time Lippi ! You have to let Davids play... Maresca on the left, Conte on the right and I pray for Nedved in the attacking role but Lippi might let him on the bench...

FW - I'd go for Del Piero and Zalayeta...

PS - The refereee will be Stefano Braschi.

Forza Juve ! :happy:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Tacchinardi on the eve of the match...

> juventus.it
Tacchinardi: 'Milan-Juve is always stimulating'
21 January 2002 14:53
For the next three days, Juve will have the Coppa Italia on its mind, and leave the league on the side. A date with Milan is always one to remember.
Alessio Tacchinardi can't wait for the game: 'Both teams are very motivated. I don't think Milan is in a slump. The semifinal is important but it is the game between these two teams that brings out special feelings. I often talk to Ancelotti. He's been unlucky so far, since he lost various important players to injuries.'
:)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The victori over Juventus is a matter of honour for Milan.

MILAN, January 21 (DS) -

AC Milan meet Juventus FC in the Italian Cup semifinal first leg at San Siro. The victory is a matter of honour for Milan side as they no longer have any chances to emerge as winners in the Italian championship title hunt. Meanwhile for Marcello Lippi's team this match will be nothing but another tie as they still continue their Italian championship campaign as well as perform in the Champions League.
The tie is likely to turn into a true battle as noone will dare to name Milan v Juventus fixture a friendly.
"We'll face a team, who are in their hey day," claimed Carlo Ancelottri speaking on the Turin side. Milan coach claimed his side have considerably strengthened their defensive options but they've a little bit weaken their attacking line especially after Filippo Inzagi had been injured.
"We have bettered our skills but we have a lack of "agonistic rage," said Ancelotti.

:cool::lala::cool:

Forza Juve

·
Registered
557 Posts
Maybe something like:

______________Carini_______________

_Zenoni__Montero__Iuliano___Pessotto

_____Conte____Maresca____Davids_____

_______________Nedved_______________

______Trezeguet_______Amoroso_______

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
You basically have the opposite striking line to mine, Sardonic ! :D

I think it's pretty clear we won't see DP and Trez in the same time so the best options are Trez/Amoruso and DP/Zalayeta

I'm not sure wheter or not Lippi will risk Montero as a starter since he's recovered pretty recently...

:)

·
Registered
557 Posts
stephañho said:
You basically have the opposite striking line to mine, Sardonic ! :D
Yeah, isn't funny. :D

We can only hope that Montero will be back. Since Thuram has been shifted to the right and Montero and Tudor have been injured, Ferrara and Iuliano have played a lot needs to be rested.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Latest news from the official site

Ecco la formazione annunciata dal tecnico bianconero: Carini; Birindelli, Ferrara, Montero, Paramatti; Zenoni, Tacchinardi, Davids; Maresca; Amoruso, Zalayeta.

_______________Carini_______________

_Birindelli__Ferrara__Montero__Paramatti_

____Zenoni___Tacchinardi___Davids_____

______________Maresca______________

________Amoroso_____Zalayeta_______

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Paramatti + Birindelli :eek::mad:
:yuck::rolleyes: :angel: :(

:dielaugh:BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!:dielaugh:
Shevchenko is gonna slaughter us hahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!

Lippi, vas te faire foutre ! :mad:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
That is brilliant !!!! :depress:
That has got to be Juve's weakest lineup ever this season !!!

Lippi, you're too strong for me !!!! :depress:

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Yeah Step, we share the same opinions about Paramatti and Birindelli, but at least they're not playing in the centre, that would make a bad situation worse.

I can see why Lippi has gone for this selection though, Sunday's game against Chievo is more important, I'd rather have an injury free and fresh team for that game.

Plus we might get lucky and Milan rest Shev.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Mikey said:
Plus we might get lucky and Milan rest Shev.
Unfortunately Mikey I'm quite sure Ancelotti will field Sheva -he's gonna rip us off wanna bet?- and many other players who can bother our super wingbacks like Serginho for example...

Once again the key will be to score at least one goal ( or 7 if we conceed 8 :rolleyes: ) in San Siro...

I pray...

Forza Juve ! :)

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I just read a interview with Ancelotti on Canalesport, and he said he's gonna play Shev from the start- I've changed my mind, we're in trouble.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Mikey said:
I just read a interview with Ancelotti on Canalesport, and he said he's gonna play Shev from the start- I've changed my mind, we're in trouble.
Yeah this smells like sh..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Re: Latest news from the official site

Mr Sardonic said:

_______________Carini_______________

_Birindelli__Ferrara__Montero__Paramatti_

____Zenoni___Tacchinardi___Davids_____

______________Maresca______________

________Amoroso_____Zalayeta_______
Great line up for the Coppa. Just change Amo with DP and everything is gonna be fine.

Bye Bye.

·
Registered
43,398 Posts
Mikey said:
Sheva is not in the best of forms lately ... especially the last game where not only he blew that penalty but got a 4 by raisport ... a 4 ??? Which a lot of people said was deserved ...
BUT - Sheva likes the big games. The Copa Italia is not the biggest of the stages and probably a lot of people will say that a win against Fio is more important even for being on the final but as WE all know guys there is nothing like Juve-Milan ... any stage , any time, any place ... just chose the weapons ;)

Ready ?

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
:rolleyes: I respect Shev too much to expect his bad form to last long, besides, he likes scoring against Juve. I hope we deal with him in the same manner as if he was scoring for fun in his last few games.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Soccerage's opinion...

Coppa Italia Preview: Milan-Juventus

AT STAKE

Apparently there's more at stake for Milan than for Juventus in this Coppa Italia semifinal. The rossoneri are struggling in the Serie A, as two straight draws deepened their gap from league leaders and city rivals Inter to nine points, perhaps too much at this point of the season for Ancelotti's gang to hope in a comeback. Winning the national Cup would make their season a less negative one.

On the contrary, the guests seem to be on a roll in the domestic league, and the Coppa Italia is by far the less important goal of the season. Juventus have won six out of their last eight Serie A matches, with the lone draws coming in Florence and precisely in San Siro against Milan. But the bianconeri have been looking good in the Coppa Italia as well, despite coach Lippi always fields his second string players.

TEAM NEWS

--Milan: coach Carlo Ancelotti still has plenty of doubts and will likely decide his line-up only a few hours before the kickoff. Anyway he is expected to rest Ukrainian striker Andryi Shevchenko, who should be replaced by Javi Moreno, while Rui Costa, Kaladze and Ambrosini are still sidelined.

Starting line-up (4-4-2): Abbiati; Helveg, Costacurta, Laursen, Chamot; Umit, Gattuso, Albertini, Serginho; Javi Moreno, Josè Mari

-Juventus: just like he did in all of the previous Coppa Italia outings, coach Marcello Lippi is expected to field plenty of reserves in the San Siro. Carini, Birindelli, Paramatti, Maresca, Zenoni, Zalayeta and Amoruso are all expected to be in the starting eleven, together with Uruguayan defender Paolo Montero, who has finally recovered from his muscular injury.

Starting line-up (4-4-2): Carini, Birindelli, Montero, Ferrara, Paramatti, Davids, Tacchinardi, Maresca, Zenoni, Zalayeta, Amoruso.

PREVIOUS CUP MATCHES

Milan

In the 1/8 finals Milan eliminated Perugia thanks to a 3-0 home win and a 0-0 away draw, while in the quarterfinals the rossoneri defeated Lazio both in the San Siro (2-1) and at the Olimpico (3-2).

Juventus

After the easy qualification over Serie B team Sampdoria (two wins with an aggregate 7-3), the bianconeri struggled a bit in the quarterfinal against Atalanta, winning the first leg 4-2 and losing 2-1 in Bergamo.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

-Milan: Javi Moreno. The former Alaves striker, who has played much less than expected in the Serie A, will be hyper-motivated. He must grab every single chance Ancelotti gives him, and so far he has always managed to, especially in the Coppa Italia (3 goals in two matches against Lazio).

-Juventus: Enzo Maresca. The under 21 international is undoubtedly one of the most talented young Italian midfielders, but despite the fact that he spends most of his time on the bench. Just like Javi Moreno, he must try to give his best in the Cup matches, hoping that this will make Lippi change his mind.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION

The San Siro clash will be a very attractive one, as Milan must try to grab a morale-boosting win and Juve's reserves will play with plenty of determination, just like they always did so far. All three results look possible.

Milan win 35%
Draw 35%
Juve win 30%
Comments...
>> No Shevchenko but according to Rai Shevchenko is gonna start

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SOCCERAGE PREDICTION

The San Siro clash will be a very attractive one, as Milan must try to grab a morale-boosting win and Juve's reserves will play with plenty of determination, just like they always did so far. All three results look possible.

Milan win 35%
Draw 35%
Juve win 30%
Lets see if their prediction comes close !!!!

:cool::cap::glasses::cap:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts