Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't it just the most farcical football match you've ever seen in your life this side of the planet? :) It had everything.. I never knew South-East Asian football could offer so much in terms of entertainment value and drama! I'm glad I watched the match.. it had everything.

4-3 up from the first leg, Singapore quickly went two goals down at home and were seconds from elimination when one of the Myanmar players got himself sent off rather harshly and Noh Aham Shah (quite a tricky player, I must say!) popped up with an all-important goal to send the crowd into delerium. Watching it on TV, I could almost feel the good old Kallang Roar storming back to life! It's been a few long years since I last heard it.. I miss the Roar! And just when you were starting to think how extra time would be shaping up, Indra Sahdan gets fouled in the box and the referee points to the spot, sending yet another Myanmar player off for committing the foul. Myanmar players lose their heads and proceeded to protest vehemently for 10 minutes. Yet another Myanmar player gets a straight red for deliberately kicking mud into the referee's face and another (allegedly off camera) grabbing his whistle and hurling it onto the ground. Up stepped Indra after surviving all that delay and the usual goalkeeper antics to send the home team into the finals.. and he misses!

Down to 8 men, Myanmar self-destructed and Singapore took advantage of their numerical supremacy to score 3 goals in extra-time and seal the match. Scuffle breaks out with 10 minutes to go.. and the Myanmar reserve goalkeeper throws a bottle at a Singapore player on the field! It hit his face and play was stopped for a further 10 minutes with the culprit sent from the bench. A further 3 minutes later, yet another scuffle breaks out near the corner flag with elbows thrown and retaliatations from both sides.. the fans get involved with fights of their own and ugly scenes after the match outside the stadium saw ambulances and police cars rushing onto the scene to restore some order. All this while the home fans continued to taunt the Myanmar supporters, singing national anthems and reciting Singapore pledges outside the stadium..

It's quite simply the most drama-filled South-East Asian football match I've witnessed..

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Man! I should've gone to the match when my guy friend ask me along...I didn't know there's going to be a lot of drama!:pp

So we're facing Malaysia in the final?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
The second leg of the other semifinal between Malaysia and Indonesia will be played tonight. We'll only know whom we'll meet later tonite or tmrw morning...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Gabrielle said:
Man! I should've gone to the match when my guy friend ask me along...I didn't know there's going to be a lot of drama!:pp

So we're facing Malaysia in the final?
I went to the match. A lot of atmosphere. But I have to say, I'm not too pleased with the behaviour of some Singapore fans. :yuck: The Myanmar fans were cheering and the fans threw things at them. When they were quiet, they threw things at them as well. Also when Indra missed the penalty, some fans got angry not because Singapore could have gone through, but cos they have lost money. :yuck: Still saw a portion of Singapore fans cheering Singapore on though, which is not seen for a long long time already.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Earlier reports said they expected 10,000 Myanmar fans to be at the stadium and that they would have about 200 policemen on duty to prevent fights. Apparently they had crowd problems during the first leg and were expecting the same last night :rollani:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Safe said:
Earlier reports said they expected 10,000 Myanmar fans to be at the stadium and that they would have about 200 policemen on duty to prevent fights. Apparently they had crowd problems during the first leg and were expecting the same last night :rollani:
Yes, there really was some crowd trouble last night I think. As I was on my way home, I saw around 10 police cars arriving.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I thought I will only see drama of such magnitude in Europe..

Having said that, though, the sight of seeing Agu Casmir and Itimi Dickson still sores my eyes. The substitute who replaced Dickson (Amri, is it?) played just as well and this stupid policy is just dampening our development. Noh Alam Shah is a good, tricky player and his finishing is terrific (his first half control cum roll-in for the disallowed goal was world class stuff). In atrocious conditions, that was the best piece of skill I have seen the entire match.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Hold on tight to your seats. If we meet Malaysia in the finals, there'll be more tension although I don't think it'll be as bad as the semis. Will Nor Alam Shah play in the finals since he collected a yellow card?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
We are meeting Indonesia in the Finals....

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Malaysia leading on aggregate 3-1 with 10 minutes to go, and they blew it. Terrible.. would have been nice to see the old Singapore-Malaysia in the Tiger Cup Final.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Was not at home to watch the match. But I heard from my colleagues that Indonesia players are very fast and play quite attractive football. Might be a problem for Singapore?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
Malaysia leading on aggregate 3-1 with 10 minutes to go, and they blew it. Terrible.. would have been nice to see the old Singapore-Malaysia in the Tiger Cup Final.

I was hoping for Singapore - Malaysia final too..Too bad, Indonesia's a strong side...They are the favourite to win.Best of luck to the Lions!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Jianxing said:
Was not at home to watch the match. But I heard from my colleagues that Indonesia players are very fast and play quite attractive football. Might be a problem for Singapore?
if indonesians play like they did againt malaysians in second leg, perhaps it could be a big problem for singopore. the tridente (kurniawan, ilham, and boas) is lethal.
too bad i never watch singapore games at all :(

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
We will give you a run for your money :fero: :pp :D

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The country does need something cheery to feed on in this time of mourning. All credit to the Indonesian players for being so professional and geeting the job done despite all that has happened in their country. If Singapore loses, it will be to a more worthy opponent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts