Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living just 30 miles from Liverpool, I'm seriously tempted to go to this game, and would love to sit with the Viola fans. Does anyone know whether ticket details have been released yet, and the chances of me getting one?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Viola Club Scandinavia will arrange a trip to this game and I will probably join. Will ask the other guys about the tickets. If I go there I can hook you up, otherwise I'm sure someone else is willing to help you out - if you have a purple heart that is. :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Viola Club Scandinavia will arrange a trip to this game and I will probably join. Will ask the other guys about the tickets. If I go there I can hook you up, otherwise I'm sure someone else is willing to help you out - if you have a purple heart that is. :)
If he doesn't have a "Cuore Viola" now, he certainly will after the match. What an experience it is seeing a match at the Franchi!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Gutted about the timing of the game in Merseyside as I can´t make it :fero:

Guess I´ll just have to wait till the final :angel:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tickets are now on open sale in the home end at Goodison, but would much prefer to sample a bit of the Viola fans atmosphere.
If anyone can advise of ticket availability, be much appreciated.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
How many are you guys bringing over? I'd expect really, 3,000 + given that you're 2-0 ahead in the tie. Hopefully you'll make a lot of noise, and make our support look like shit.
Do your fans put arms around each other and jump up and down singing something like "Hey super Viola la la la la la la la?"

If you do, then I can't wait to hear it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Why would you want that?
Because everyone in England believes English support is good, but it really is not. Zenit showed us up, Kharkiv showed us up, and it would be good if Fiorentina fans did.

At least in your home games, most of the support sing, whereas here it's about 500 people who sing.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
How many are you guys bringing over? I'd expect really, 3,000 + given that you're 2-0 ahead in the tie. Hopefully you'll make a lot of noise, and make our support look like shit.
Do your fans put arms around each other and jump up and down singing something like "Hey super Viola la la la la la la la?"

Fiorentina.it is expecting around 1,000 Viola supporters in the visitor's section.

LINK

·
Registered
7,951 Posts

I doubt it will be 3000 as a travel from Florence to England would be pretty expensive for a viola fan and its a big game, but i wouldnt say the biggest in Fiorentina's season and there are bigger games to come.
I am guessing that most of the away supporters will be viola fans from around Europe, but I think they will still make themselves heard :smileani:

·
Registered
29 Posts
[QUOTE=bochum17;6175691]Because everyone in England believes English support is good, but it really is not. Zenit showed us up, Kharkiv showed us up, and it would be good if Fiorentina fans did.

At least in your home games, most of the support sing, whereas here it's about 500 people who sing.[/QUOTE]

Do you go to Everton games bochum17??? Its just that I'm a little baffled that you think support in UK is not good. Tonight there was 40000 at Goodison, our average gates are around 37000 and our away supprot is amazing (sell out everywhere, I went to the UEFA 1st leg in Florence, 2500 were in the ground with another 1500 outside - 900 Viola fans came to Liverpool tonight. We then took 3500 to Sunderland a few days later)

Kharkiv showed us up? They only bought about 100 (compared to the 2500 we took to Ukraine) Zenit showed us up? hmm really don't think so...

If you go to the games then you will know that Everton fans aren't 'happy clappy' fans who will just sing sing sing but one thing we have is NOISE - we get behind the team when we need to and I'm sure that noise is a memory that Fiorentina and their fans will have taken away with them tonight.

I think support for English clubs is very good generally and not just in the EPL.

If your observations are based on watching Everton and English football on TV then TV has you fooled. If its based on attending one game then that's a little unfair - you need to go to more!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts