Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On thursday we have the first leg of the copa del rey quarter final. We play host to Zaragoza who in all honesty we should roll over.

Latest team news is that Mario, Puyol, LE are out while Iniesta and Overmars are doubtfull.

Oscar is back in the team along with Valdes. This will be very interesting to see who is dropped out of Jorquera and Rustu, after Jorquera amazing performance I cant see him being out of the team but with Rijkaard you just dont know.

Another question is whether Rijkaard will have the guts to play two strikers.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Very interesting decision indeed about the GK. I think Rustu will be left out.

Oleguer, I would guess, will continue as a starter.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Maz said:
Another question is whether Rijkaard will have the guts to play two strikers.
If he does not have the guts to play two strikers in a home game against a struggling opposition , then he is no good ....

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I wish we can solve the eliminatory in the first leg. I don't trust in this team tough. I rate Zaragoza better than their possition in La Liga, so let's hope not to have much problems.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I think the two strikers option was a one off. Remember that he only used them at half time, and in the last minutes he subbed one for one winger. I think he will revert to the one striker formation, especially when Overmars is available. But as Maz put it with FR you never know, and probably he doesn't either.

Thinking about line-ups I don't see anything wrong in using the formation the current European Champions utilise: 4-3-1-2.

Last year:

---------------------Pirlo---------------------

Seedorf--------------------------Gatusso

-------------------Rui Costa----------------

-----------Sheva------------Inzagui--------

Why not?......

--------------------Motta------------------

Ronaldinho----------------------Davids

--------------------Iniesta----------------

------------Kluivert----------Saviola-----

The creativity of our players is higher than those of Milan. They have better goalscorers though. If an Italian team can afford to play two strikers, why Barça can't. On the wingers versus tridente debate....I rather see Ronaldinho and Iniesta putting crosses than Luis Garcai or Quaresma. Do you remember the Saviola goal from an Iniesta cross against Zaragoza? I am still waiting for something similar from our wingers.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
To start with, thsi is nonsense:

The creativity of our players is higher than those of Milan
;) Well, I dont wanna go here in a debate liek thais one as it offtopic, but Rui-Kaka-Seedorf-Pirlo is a bit more of ... creativity in my books.

besides, right now Milan plays 2-1 up front, i.e. with one Sheva only. True Pippo is injured but true it also gives good results, especially that Roma game we won 2-1 at Olypmico.

We played and still play:

Dida

Cafu-Nesta-Paolo-Pancaro
Seedorf/Amrosini-Pirlo-Gatusso
Rui-Kaka
Sheva

Besides, it is hard to compare barca and Milan right now. 1st - teh leagues and styles are diffeernt. Then, we have teh luxury to have the best D in teh world right now, especially with teh Nesta-maldini combo. Plus guys like Cafu, Pancaro, Kaladze, Simic, Lauresen, Billi, etc. There is no match for quality and depth.

Thats why we can afford playing with one DM only - gatusso. Even teh real DM position is occopied by Pirlo - a fnatsista, by nature he is.

Then, our team is balanced quite well. Also, the depth of teh bench is fasinating too. If you look at teh team we gona play tonait v. Roma for Copa Italia, you will see what I mean.

Plus, we have Sheva.

Having said all that, I am not you can do a 4-3-1-2 quite well ... do you have the players. You definitely need one N10, asrui or Pirlo we have. Iniesta??? Not sure, Ronaldinho is not exactly, thou he might try. Rest, espcially now with davids, looks fine.

hwoever, you have a wealth of wingers and some, world class too. Milan doesnt use classic type of wingers in 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1 ... we dont need them. As teh one we have - Sergino - is a classci bench player, a joker.
But teh Big Q is teh D. When will rajkaard start playing Puyol-RM in the CD? Do you reall have any other choice???

not sure at all ...

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
bono said:
To start with, thsi is nonsense:

;) Well, I dont wanna go here in a debate liek thais one as it offtopic, but Rui-Kaka-Seedorf-Pirlo is a bit more of ... creativity in my books.

besides, right now Milan plays 2-1 up front, i.e. with one Sheva only. True Pippo is injured but true it also gives good results, especially that Roma game we won 2-1 at Olypmico.

We played and still play:

Dida

Cafu-Nesta-Paolo-Pancaro
Seedorf/Amrosini-Pirlo-Gatusso
Rui-Kaka
Sheva

Besides, it is hard to compare barca and Milan right now. 1st - teh leagues and styles are diffeernt. Then, we have teh luxury to have the best D in teh world right now, especially with teh Nesta-maldini combo. Plus guys like Cafu, Pancaro, Kaladze, Simic, Lauresen, Billi, etc. There is no match for quality and depth.

Thats why we can afford playing with one DM only - gatusso. Even teh real DM position is occopied by Pirlo - a fnatsista, by nature he is.

Then, our team is balanced quite well. Also, the depth of teh bench is fasinating too. If you look at teh team we gona play tonait v. Roma for Copa Italia, you will see what I mean.

Plus, we have Sheva.

Having said all that, I am not you can do a 4-3-1-2 quite well ... do you have the players. You definitely need one N10, asrui or Pirlo we have. Iniesta??? Not sure, Ronaldinho is not exactly, thou he might try. Rest, espcially now with davids, looks fine.

hwoever, you have a wealth of wingers and some, world class too. Milan doesnt use classic type of wingers in 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1 ... we dont need them. As teh one we have - Sergino - is a classci bench player, a joker.
But teh Big Q is teh D. When will rajkaard start playing Puyol-RM in the CD? Do you reall have any other choice???

not sure at all ...
Hehe, here we havfe a debate :D .

I didn't say that your team lacked creativity. I said that our team lining up the most technically accomplished players have more. You still having seen Iniesta. You'll have the chance. :D

You can afford to play only one striker because it is Sheva.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Ditto on Sheva!

The rest - BS, baby, pure BS. :D Iniesta I have seen a bit, but doesn’t matter. Our creative players are accomplished and proven beyond reasonable doubt. I know its blasphemy to say such thing in this forum but only the RM guys are better, talent wise, in my books. Besides, they've worked together for some time and have achieved few small things ;) That we do not play the most creative football is due mostly to Carlo's tactics and Serie A nature and atmosphere.

But I said - this OT debate, and I hope Milan fans wont pick on it, cause it will be blown out of proportion faster than the speed of light. :cool:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Bono, the comparison was of last year Milan team if you read Angel post.

And in terms out of Shev, Inzaghi, Rui, Seedorf, Gattusso, Pirlo and Ronaldinho, Kluivert, Saviola, Davids, Iniesta, Motta theres no doubt the latter is more creative with 3 players being fully creative of Barca and 2 of Milan.

This years Milan however is a different story and although Kaka is not as good as Ronnie I would the creativity of both on par. Of course the major difference is your finishes and defence are much superior

Missed out the y the first time which made me look like an idiot as I would of said Barca have a better defence then Milan:howler:

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Maz said:
Bono, the comparison was of last year Milan team if you read Angel post.

And in terms out of Shev, Inzaghi, Rui, Seedorf, Gattusso, Pirlo and Ronaldinho, Kluivert, Saviola, Davids, Iniesta, Motta theres no doubt the latter is more creative with 3 players being fully creative of Barca and 2 of Milan.

This years Milan however is a different story and although Kaka is not as good as Ronnie I would the creativity of both on par. Of course the major difference is our finishes and defence are much superior
I think Maz picked up my point. That is all I meant: last year's Milan typical line-up versus the Barcelona I would like to see this year. An it was just an opinion, not trying to go into "our team is better than yours" debate. Besides, I was talking about creativity which it is a factor of the many that makes a team good. For instance Sevechenko is far less creative than Kluivert, but Sheva knows how to put the damn thing in the net and Patrick, well, you know (i hope this point doesn't turn into another minidebate :D).

Bono, you "complain" about Ancelotti, give him to us and you can have Rijkaard :D.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back to the match ive just read that Ronaldinho wont be playing.

With our two most creative players out Rijkaard will surely have no other choice than to play Saviola and Kluivert upfront, Xavi sitting behind them and a DMC of Davids-Cocu. I cant wait for Motta to be back as a Motta-Davids partnership would be explosive- if a little ill-disciplined:D

·
21,026 Posts
Maz said:
Back to the match ive just read that Ronaldinho wont be playing.
:eek:

I heard on the radio that he did not practiced but he will play. I hope he plays.

Iniesta is back and should play. Valdes is fit as well, who knows who will keep.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
barça said:
:eek:

I heard on the radio that he did not practiced but he will play. I hope he plays.

Iniesta is back and should play. Valdes is fit as well, who knows who will keep.
well thats much better news!

For copa i would like Jorquera to stay in goal, to see whether it was a one off performance or the guy is genuinely great

·
40,147 Posts
Yes, as Maz said, i think we should play with Jorquera in Copa from now. Besides it would be another way to show Rustu where is the door. This fact would make possible to play with Ronaldinho-Saviola-Kluviert together. We have a problem with the goal and it's better to have people who easily score instead of Luis García or Quaresma.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The team

Porteros: Rustu y Víctor Valdés
Defensas: Reiziger, Márquez, Oleguer, Fernando Navarro y Oscar López
Centrocampistas: Xavi, Gerard, Cocu, Davids, Ronaldinho
Delanteros: Luis García, Kluivert, Saviola, Quaresma y Overmars

I just dont get this at all. Jorquera comes in and plays the best game a barca keeper has since the Hesp days and isnt in the first team instead of Rustu. Id understand it if there were a B team game to keep him active but this is stupid in the least.

Good to see Bronkhorst out as Navarro or Oscar can play. I hope its Navarro as hes so much more talented than Oscar and isnt out of position as much, though I am positive Rijkaard will go for Oscar.

Other big entrance is Overmars into the team. Iniesta still out and i hope Rijkaard doesnt forget him when hes back.

·
Registered
967 Posts
yea fernando navarro was great in the 02-03 season

dont play luis garcia, his sooo easy miss against bilbao cost us, overmars is better
hope this team plays:
victor
navarro, marquez, oleguer, reiziger
ronaldinho, davids, xavi, overmars
kluivert, saviola

·
21,026 Posts
tombaker66 said:
yea fernando navarro was great in the 02-03 season
Wasn't he out that season? I am not very good with years though.

I don't know about great, I know he was good when he played, but not great.

·
40,147 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
No Jorquera?:confused:
I was also surprised, I thought that he would be our 2nd GK since last weekend. Rustu can't play in Barcelona, why should we give him more chances? Jorquera is our second Gk (if not the 1st).

·
21,026 Posts
And Rijkaard has not given any explanation whatsoever.

Very disppointing to see that Iniesta has not recovered already, he might be out against Sevilla as well :(

1 - 20 of 59 Posts