Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
I believe he will be sporting the black and white of juve again next season. he has however, complained about his positioning on the right, saying he preferred the central role.
a montero - thuram defensive partnership would prove juve's strength next season i'm sure. the wing play is what is needed.

but i'm sure juve wont sell their £22million man after just one season. although juve fans regard this season as a failure - it isnt. they just expect too much!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Funny that you brought up Montero-Thuram duo, since there is a chance that neither will be in Juve next season.

The ideal would be Montero-Tudor with Thuram at rightback, but this won't happen. I'm pretty sure that Tudor will get a starting role next year (at least he should) and that leaves either Montero or Thuram to be sold. And there are also rumours that both will leave and Canna will be in Juve's central defence next year.
And looking at the intensity of the Canna rumour, I wouldn't be the least surprised if he would go there next season. I wouldn't think it would make your defence any stronger though.

Either of Thuram, Cannavaro and Montero are worldclass defenders. Montero have a habit of earning too many cards, but he still is a friggin wall. And very fast too. Thuram is maybe the most graceful defender in the world. Hardly ever makes mistakes and is reliable. Canna is maybe the best marker on the planet.

There is also Iuliano in the equation, but I think he'l leave or maybe stay and continue with the anonymous role he holds today. Ferrara and Fresi (if they come next season) will most probably also provide back-up.

I reckon there will be 5 and at a maximum 6 central defenders in the squad so some of these players will leave.

So what is your preferred centraldefence next season?? Thuram-Tudor? Cannavaro-Montero? Ferrari-Iuliano? or even Thuram-Canna? (yeah right! :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think juve should revert back to 3 centre backs. and they should be thuram, tudor and maybe nesta or cannavaro. would really like to have nesta, thuram and tudor as centre backs. we should swap montero and iuliano for nesta. we must remember that we are getting fresi as well. so he is another good defender.

and we must get a left wing, like coco so he and zambro can take the wings.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
enola said:

So what is your preferred centraldefence next season?? Thuram-Tudor? Cannavaro-Montero? Ferrari-Iuliano? or even Thuram-Canna? (yeah right! :rolleyes: ).
IMO we shouldn't think about one standard defence. Players have to rest or get injured. so: (I'd prefer a 3 men defence)

Thuram - Montero - Iuliano

Tudor - Thuram - Iuliano

Tudor - Montero - Iuliano

Tudor - Thuram - Montero

1 - 8 of 8 Posts