Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thuram ready for Man U move Tuesday 14 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reports from Italy claim Lilian Thuram is mere days away from signing for Manchester United and that Juan Seba Veron could be part of the deal.

The World Cup winner only moved from Parma last summer in a £23m switch and Juventus would accept nothing less than £19m or a straight swap with the Argentine midfielder.

It was suggested that Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs would be offered instead, but Marcello Lippi has requested Veron to fill the role vacated by Zinedine Zidane.

Veron had been in talks for a return to Lazio, but communications between the two have turned decidedly chilly in the last 24 hours.

“President Sergio Cragnotti wants me back?” commented the midfielder. “That’s strange, as he already had me in his side last year.”

Thuram has complained to the club and press this season as he has been mainly fielded on the right flank rather than his preferred central defensive position.

Man U have lured him to Old Trafford with the promise of fulfilling this role and linking up with fellow Bleus Fabien Barthez and Laurent Blanc.

It has been reported that Manchester United directors will fly out to France’s pre-World Cup base at Clairefontaine on Tuesday to sign the contract.

The French defender’s departure from Turin is almost certain as Juventus are engaged in advanced talks for both Alessandro Nesta and Fabio Cannavaro.

Salvatore Fresi is another new addition to the Bianconeri defence as the ex-Bologna man passed a medical and was presented to the press this afternoon.

The Gazzetta dello Sport also claims that Lippi will be in the stands for Wednesday’s Champions’ League Final between Real Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen.

His eyes will be trained carefully on Leverkusen’s 25-year-old winger Diego Placente, also a target for Inter and Milan.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
If we get Canna and sell Thuram for Veron? I heard Juve also considering selling Davids to Roma for Candela? I wonder...?

_______________BUFFON_______________

CANNA___MONTERO___TUDOR____CANDELA

_______________BRIGHI_______________

__ZAMBRO__________________NEDVED___

_______________VERON_______________

_______TREZEGUET___DEL PIERO________

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Well, it is really difficult to answer for me. I really like Thuram, and I think he is superb...and I think the same about Veron.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thuram Will Leave Us, Reveals Buffon

05/15/2002. Juve keeper Gianluigi Buffon believes his team-mate Lilian Thuram won't be a Bianconero when the new season kicks-off in September.

"I think Thuram will go play somewhere outside of Italy, while I'm not sure about Davids, he might stay, but he might also go," said the Italian Numero 1 on Wednesday afternoon.

The French defender has been heavily linked with Manchester United.

Buffon also spoke about another defender who is making headlines in these days, his former skipper Fabio Cannavaro.

"I think Fabio will leave Parma over the summer, and the team that will secure his services will be the one that offered the most money," added the Italy international.

·
Registered
461 Posts
thuram is better than veron..........if this happens than i'm guessing that doni won't becoming to turin next year......also, this must confirm that canna or nesta will be come to us next year

·
Registered
67 Posts
in the middle of this season i thought about Veron in Juve shirt but it seemed to be a nonsense....now this dream may come true:) If he comes we will have great midfield that is what we didn't have this season....Turam?! we can easy find good subs :)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
if we can get Cannavaro or Nesta to replace Thuram, i seriously think we should swap him for veron.

now veron can stay, which is very unlikely as lazio want him badly and i think he wants to go back to lazio as well.

maybe we will swap him for nesta or try to get players like fiore, liverani or even mendieta, who knows.

if veron does stay at juve though, doni wont join us. but doni wont join us even if veron doesnt stay as moggi has stated that he doesnt want him anymore.

either way, as long as we can replace thuram, and get veron, i'm happy.

but i still believe veron is overated.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
thuram isnt as overated as veron though. i mean thuram does his job always.

veron does his job one week, and then doesnt do anything for next 4 weeks or so, he is very inconsistant, not to mention lazy. and he doesnt create a lot chances for a player in his postion like Zidane, Totti, Rui Costa.

having said that though, veron wasn't used proparly at Man U and his last season for Lazio he was injured and benched a lot more than usual.

at Parma and his first season at Lazio, Veron was great and if he can get back to that form, he is welcome at juve.

maybe overated is the wrong word to use to for him.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
CUG said:
thuram isnt as overated as veron though. i mean thuram does his job always.

veron does his job one week, and then doesnt do anything for next 4 weeks or so, he is very inconsistant, not to mention lazy. and he doesnt create a lot chances for a player in his postion like Zidane, Totti, Rui Costa.

having said that though, veron wasn't used proparly at Man U and his last season for Lazio he was injured and benched a lot more than usual.

at Parma and his first season at Lazio, Veron was great and if he can get back to that form, he is welcome at juve.

maybe overated is the wrong word to use to for him.
I dono guys if you really know what the heck you are talking about....and I am sure that you never watched veron playing for Argentina NT or Lazio when he brought the scudetto for them ....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts