Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From www.italian-soccer.com

In a week full of controversies, where everyone blames a 'fake' soccer, there is a player who is trying to stop all these talks: Lilian Thuram, defender of Parma and France international.

"The league is regular in my opinion, and the team able to make more points will reach the top of the standing. Referees always did some mistake, and the same thing happens to the players. To point out controversies isn't necessary. In this way there is the danger to debate about the fairness of the referee, and I can assure I never thought it could be lack of fair in the officials' decisions. I wouldn't play soccer otherwise!" Thuram said.

"The difference with France is one: in Italy each television broadcasts the movies of the match several times and slow motion allows to see the mistakes of the referee hundreds of times. Well in France slow motion isn't used, and this helps to keep pressure lower" the World Cup winner explained.

Thuram added that he understood the words from Massimo De Santis after the match, where the referee said something not conformed from movies: Parma' players pushing Juventus' ones "It's not a behaviour to blame. As I said there is a lot of pressure in Italy, especially on officials. What he said is just what he probably reminds happened on the field, a foul from a player of Parma against one of Juventus. It's already happened to me to say I didn't make a foul, but television movies showed a different thing later. It's a normal thing try to defend himself".

Finally he denied the last hours voice about an his possible transfer to Manchester United "I signed few weeks ago a contract which keep me at Parma still for some seasons. It explains my decision is to continue to stay here!"

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tottaly disagree.I think that Lilian is wrong.He is a very smart man and he believes in something ideal but non-existant "the fair referee".

Note: Thuram DOESNT SAY that the ref didnt make a mistake,Thuram sais that he shouldnt be blamed for it.Well,in my opinion,if you make a mistake you have to take responsibilities,not go out there in TV and say lies as De Santis did.Thats a disgrace and made even more sick of him.

------------------

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About him going to Juve,check the last paragraph,you'll find your answer... :)

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts