Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bordeaux's Portugal international Pedro Pauleta vowed to carry his goalscoring form into the World Cup finals after being voted French Player of the Year by his fellow professionals.

"That's a great boost for me as I get ready to go to the World Cup," he beamed. "I was given the award because I deserved it after two great seasons in France for the Girondins."

The 29-year-old joined Bordeaux from Deportivo La Coruna in September 2000 and has since notched 40 league goals.

He also bagged two in the recent League Cup final victory that gave Bordeaux a spot in next season's Uefa Cup.

He beat off competition from Paris Saint-Germain's Mikel Arteta and Lens' Stephane Pedron to lift the award.

Auxerre striker Djibril Cisse was named Young Player of the Year ahead of Lille midfielder Bruno Cheyrou and Lyon's Sidney Govou.

The organisers of the poll also assembled a first division 'dream team' based on the votes cast.

The line up was: Rame (Bordeaux), Pichot (Lille), Mexes (Auxerre), Sommeil (Bordeaux), Heinze (PSG), Blanchard (Lens), Arteta (PSG), Ronaldinho (PSG), Pedron (Lens), Pauleta (Bordeaux), Cisse (Auxerre).

Congrats to our boys.. Ronaldinho, Arteta and Heinze! :star:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
well well Gabriel Heinze, Mikel Arteta and Ronaldinho...
that´s good for them and good for the club having players in the all star line up!
and yes Congratiolations to them !

about the other players in the team, so can I say that both Pedron of Lens and Cheyrou of Lille is 2 players I like to see at PSG!

ALLEZ PSG!!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
about the other players in the team, so can I say that both Pedron of Lens and Cheyrou of Lille is 2 players I like to see at PSG
Unfortunately, liverpool have just signed lille's cheyrou. £4million.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I wish him good luck at Liverpool! he will do great and have a big succes in England...

a future man for our NT?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts