Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao tifosi parmigiani, perhaps you have already discussed about this many times, but please let me express my opinion.
To begin with, it's self evident that Ariel Ortega is not the kind of player that Parma wanted in order to replace Juan Sebastian Veròn as a playmaker. Ortega is a creative player who likes to support the forwards and go all around the attack front. He's not the traditional midfielder who set up the play, like for example Barça's Pep Guardiola.

As Malesani stays put, he's likely to field a 3-5-2 line up, I think it's the right line-up for Parma as they have fast defenders. Now the best formation for Parma should be:

Buffon

Cannavaro - Thuram - X1

Fuser - Dabo(?) - X2 - Boghossian - X3

Crespo - Amoroso

We know that X2 will probably be Micoud, a very good midfielder who has still to prove that he's Serie A stuff.
The ideal X1 could be Nesta, but then Parma defense would be really monstrous! Antonio Benarrivo is good for the offensive duties but not THAT good in the defense.
As for X3, he should be a Nedved-like player. Paolo Vanoli really impressed me last season, especially against Bordeaux at the Tardini, but this season he doesn't look so great, to say the least.

All this, of course, regards the first team, but we know that subs are often as important as those who make the first-team. In my opinion, if Parma can fill those three X's with the right players, they will be the team to beat, next season.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Actually Aquila,I think we should add a X4 instead of Dabo.We simply cant start Ousmane next year.He will be an important sub,mthe first one,but not a full time starter at any case.Besides,thats what Tazni is looking for I think.4 players...

It will bea pity if we dont go for Kily Gonzalez,Lazio is interested and he holds an eu passport...please Tanzi,go for him!

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think we shouldn't do the same mistake as last year with Fiore. Start Dabo, Bolano or perhaps even Longo. Let's see what they can do. It's time to break in new talent instead of buy buy buy like Inter and Lazio. With Sousa, Boghossian, Longo, Dabo and Bolano we have enough to occupy the two central spots in midfield.

For the left wing we could use a new player though, Vanoli could be an excellent sub. To the right we have Fuser and Lauren. Enough said.

IMO, we need these players:

1. Sweeper-like central defender. Sol Campbell?, someone of the previously mentioned south american defenders?
2. Left winger. Kily Gonzales?, Ze Roberto?
3. Backup striker. Rebrov?, Angel?

------------------
Hear the triumphal march of Parma!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I suggest we send Longo on loan.We should get a GOOD midfielder over there.Guardiola,Mendieta,Flavio,Vampeta Conseisao,a good stady player to make a combo with Bogho.

------------------

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Also I think that Cagliari's Daniele Berreta would be a surprising but exelent buy.Not for a starter of course,but we can loose Breda...

------------------

·
Registered
859 Posts
Don´t forget that Appiah comes next season. Brocchi is very near, and we are also interested in Farinos from Valencia.

I don´t think we should spend any money on defenders when we have top players like Thuram, Cannavaro, Torrisi, Lassissi, Sartor and Benarrivo.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
But we will ship Lassissi to England and Sunderland, won't we? Which means that we will need a new defender. Torrisi may not ever recover from his injury and is he really the top player we need? Sartor can't play in the center and thus forcing Thuram to play there, and Lilian is, as we all know, much more useful to the center/right. That's why I see Sartor as Thuram's sub more than a starter.

------------------
Hear the triumphal march of Parma!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wouldn't really worry about the defense. From what I saw at the Milan game, I can say it's hard to better the Cannavaro-Thuram-Benni trio :). As for the backup, if Saliou goes, Torrisi and Sartor could be supported by Vanoli in a more defensive role on the left wing. I think that would be the right position for Paolo to make him shine a bit more.

The "fantasista" is what we need - could that be Amoroso behind Crespo and Rebrov? Or Alex/Vampeta behind Crespo and Amo? I don't really believe in Micoud nor Kily to completely fill in that crucial role. What do you think guys?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I think that it would be nice if we had Amoroso just behind Crespo and Rebrov.Or even Ortega behind Crespo and Amoroso as long we have Micoud at central midfield.At the role Veron plays for Argentina,a pure play-maker.Boghossian as an anchor of course.We all know that Ortega shines for Argentina.Kily would be ideal at the left wing.Vampeta is a defencive midfielder...why dont we use Micoud at the wing???

Well,my best line up would be:

Fuser-Boghossian-F.Conseisao-Micoud
Amoroso
Crespo-Rebrov

I believe we would take the league with this formation.

You can replace flavio Conseisao with Guardiola,Mendieta ANYONE! but get someone to fill Dino's shoes...

------------------

·
Registered
421 Posts
guys why we need deffensive medfeilder.....?
i know we are looking to my IDEAL almeyda
but i thiink bogho iis our deffensive medfeilder
if we want DM i will go with almeyda he is great and have EU
if we want left winger i will go with killy
he is great and have eu unless if micoud can
play in the left wing (i'm aagianst that
we must get the advanteges of him in the central medfeld

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Since we play with 5 midfielders we need another one exept Bogho.Unless we ship Micoud at central midfield and launch Ortega behind the forwards.Then we need a left winger.

We need many things,but that many...Tanzi can handle it!

------------------

·
Registered
237 Posts
In central defense: Laursen
In midfield: Micoud as playmaker and on the left...??? I don't know. Vanoli has to fight for his place because he's been off form for too long. I'll just say Ze Roberto since he's the dream choice. :)
I think we need one more midfielder to replace Baggio ( :) )! Maybe F. Conceicao.

My team:

--------------Buffon---------------

Thuram--------Laursen-------F. Cannavaro

Fuser-Boghi---Micoud--Conceicao-Ze Roberto

---------Crespo------Amoroso-------

Then we've got Lauren, Vanoli, Benni, Bolano, Rebrov (Hopefully! :)), DiVaio, Dabo, Appiah (still coming?), P. Cannavaro, Sartor, maybe even Montano. I hope that Sousa stays but I suppose that's still up in the air...

What's up with Brocchi? Are we still trying to sign him???

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
I like Amoroso's suggestions, particularly regarding Berretta. Also, I believe some of you are writing off Vanoli too soon. Did you see him work vs. Milan 2 games ago? When healthy, he has the skills and desire to hustle necessary to be great. Fuser and Vanoli on the wings looks imposing. D'abo is not the answer. Plays dead in his tracks. He's 23 ya know, same age as Totti. It's time for him to become or fall by the way side. Lastly, I've been impressed by Amoroso since his return. Him and Crespo seem to work well together. But he's injury prone.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Thuram1,do you think we can trust Laursen? I've seen him play once and he seemed decent,but so did Appoloni...I think it will be tough for us to find a bigger talent than Lassissi.I say,buy something really special or go with what we have.

Primo I still wonder what's wrong with Dabo and you...something personal maybe? :) joking my friend,really now,Ousmane hasnt played very good,its true.But he had a couple of good games and we cant give up so early on him.He has talent,will he be able to show it? we'll wait and see...

Vanoli is a big questionmark.When on form,he is terrific,but how often he was on form this year? Serena *was supposed* to offer some competition but was a big failure...we desperatly need someone to give him some competition and make him stabilise his performance or loose his place.Besides,I think that Vanoli was/is and will always be a player that plays exelent as a substitution.

Brocchi can play at the left and at the right wing.Good player but a Di Vaio-style of buy.That means an italian not expected to star but ready to offer.

------------------

D

·
0 Posts
Mendieta
Micoud (as sub)
V Gastel (he's realy good)
De la Pena ( he's back on track)
Alex (he's Braziliant)
L enrique ( will he leave Barca)
guardiola ( will he leave Barca)

Attack and Defece are already whorld class

·
Registered
859 Posts
I doubt that any of the defenders we are looking for is better than Lassissi.
Amo, Lauren is pure class! Believe me.

I don´t think Micoud is a good option for a left midfielder place since he´s not the kind of player that works up and down.

What happened with the Ortega-Angel swap? Last thing I heard about Ortega is that Napoli wants him if they reach serie A.

What do you think of Sommese from Torino?
He has impressed me every time I´ve seen Toro played.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Gialloblu,I know that Lauren is pure class,I was refering to Martin LaurSen then Verona defender...anyway,we got Farinos from Valencia and Roque Junior.Do you think they are good enough?

------------------

·
Registered
859 Posts
Sorry.
Are Junior and Farinos official?
In that case Lassissi will be sold, and I don´t like it.
Farinos is a huge talent, no question about that. But is he so much better than Dabo and Appiah?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts