Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about the punishment that BJK recieved? Too harsh, not harsh enough? I think that it was a harsh punishment to set an example, but I believe it doesn't have much merit. BJK did not have inadequate security, nor did they have crowd violence that caused the death. It was one idiotic fan, and because of him, the organiation will lose a large amount of money and face. I understand an example has to be made out of them. Although it's just sad that the organization has to suffer due to one fan, when the BJK organization really couldn't have stopped the incident anyway. What happened this weekend could have happened anywhere in Turkey. This was a no fault punishment, to to help Turkey's image against violence that occurs in the stadiums.

here's a story I read on ESPNsoccernet
espn story on fan death in turkey

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
It depends on what kind of involvment the club had there. Did it happen due to bad security? Clash between the supporter groups? Too much supporters on "Kapali" as the media states(as far as i know, there were not much crowd on that game). Was the involve persons somehow "subventioned" by the club? I dont think the FA cared much about those quesitions....

First the police have to come to a conclusion on if it was the clubs foult or not like i said in the other topic, FA seems to be to much affected by the media when they gave that three match ban. The club is also sent to PDCK(spelling?), so it can get further bans.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I think the federation rushed to conclusion on this one.
Without even knowing what happened or understanding what the incident was (or without even waiting for the police report) they immediately handed out a punishment.

But punishments can only be fair if they're given based on circumstances and context. Even in the most basic judicial systems, punishment is not given until all the circumstances are considered...

THe TFF didn't do that.
And now it's coming out that the incident wasn't even related to football...
That it might have been a result of gang rialries taking place in the Caglayan District of Istanbul...
That both the murderer and the victim knew each other prior to the incident...
And that the murderer wasn't even a Besiktas fan (he admtted to being a GS fan).
If the murderer wasn't a Besiktas fan, what was he doing at a game?

This makes it very easy for rival fans to cause incidents. If this is worth a 3 match ban, then what is the TFF going to do if a rival fan goes to Sami Yen and causes an incident there?

Once again, the TFF has disappointed.
Not because a 3 match ban matters (someone died, give a 50 match ban for all i care), but because they issued a punishment without even understanding the circumstances sorrounding the crime.

The media whipped up a frenzy blaming Besiktas fans for violence, and this was the TFF's way of saving face. The ban punishment is purely political, there is no legal basis to it, because we're not even fully sure of what happened yet.

I don't think it's right to punish the fans for an individual incident which they had nothing to do with.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Cihat Aktas's father was on Star TV last night.
They asked him about how he felt etc.

He said: 'Besiktas has been by our side throughout this incident, and we will be on Besiktas's side. The 3 game punishment is wrong, Besiktas should not be punished for this'.

:sob:
Nur icinde yatsin, hayirli babanin evladi oldugu kesin. :(

During the Liege game, Besiktas fans will be wearing a black band on their arms to remember Cihat Aktas.
God bless his soul.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Bravo Canaydin!
I want to congratulate and thank galatasaray president Ozhn Canaydin for his logical statements in regards to this incident.
In short he's previously stated that the incident that happened at Inonu could've happened at any stadium including Ali Sami Yen, that the media, the police AND the clubs are are responsible..

Just recently he also talked about how clubs weren't doing enough to stop violence, how they wee handing out free tickets (yes unfortunately thousands of free tickets are handed out weekly by our clubs) and that all clubs need to work together to ensure voilence is stamped out.
He also stated that the attendance figures would decline once these measures are in place, but that it's worth it and is beter than seeing violence in our stadiums.

Kendisini, Fair-Play ödülü alm??, ancak içi rahat olmayan bir ba?kan olarak nitelendiren Özhan Canayd?n, sözlerini ?öyle sürdürdü:
''Hepimiz bunlardan sorumluyuz. Ben, 'taraftar? polise satan, olmaz olsun böyle ba?kan' tezahürat?n? da görmü? biriyim. Ama hepimiz art?k huzurlu olmak istiyoruz. Be?ikta?'?n ba??na gelen üzücü hadise her tak?m?n ba??na gelebilirdi. Art?k sonuna geliyoruz. Özel güvenliklere dönmemiz laz?m. Bu i?i hep beraber yapmal?y?z. Hepimiz bir suç i?liyoruz ve provakosyanlar?n içinde yer al?yoruz. Ceza görmemiz laz?m. Bazen, bunlar önlenirse reytingler mi dü?ecek diye bir soru geliyor akl?ma. Gelin provoke etmeden bu i?i önleyelim. Hepimizin ba??ndaki bir dert. Devlet, kolluk kuvvetleri ve özellikle bas?n bizimle birlikte olmazsa, bir ?eyler yapmam?z zor. Ald???m?z tedbirlerin arkas?nda olal?m. Reytingler, tirajlar dü?er diye korkmayal?m. Hepimiz baz? cezalar ödeyece?iz, çünkü hatal?y?z.''

1 - 5 of 5 Posts