Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As u all probably know, we have been in contact with slovenian star Zahovic lately. My initial though is that they are looking for Ruis replacement, and its probably true. Frankly I dont like Zahovic, hes arrogant and a troublemaker..although a very talented troublemaker. Tell me what u all think.

G

·
Zahovic is a great player but he also has a great ego. I DO think that he could do some good for Fio as long as he don´t get into any trouble with the coach or any of the players. Just look at the game against Yugoslavia... He was great! If he comes to Fio and plays like that it would be terrific.

·
International
6,519 Posts
I am from Slovenia and i dont think you re beeing right ST. He made one but BIG trouble having a fight with his coach. Tell me another ? You cant cause there aint any ! He is the best player in Slovenia and you will be very very happy if he will join u guys. if you have any questions, send me email at [email protected]

G

·
Zohovic is no were near Rui. Sure he is good, but Rui is in a different league.
What Gori should be doing is try and keep Rui, raise his sallery, offer him more incentives, anything to keep our current top star.
We dont nead a play maker when we have one of the best playmakers in the world.

RUI PLZ STAY

·
Registered
120 Posts
If he is being brought in to replace Rui than this is a downgrade. However if he is being brought in to aid in the attack and not replace the playmaker then this might be a good move his fee is only 3m. He has a world of talent though possibly a troublemaker, wining cures all trouble and deflates egos.

G

·
I agree with Slobbs. Bringing him in as a replacement for Rui is stupid cuz he is not near Rui. But as a suplement and in depth he could do us good.

He is by far no TROUBLEMAKER!!!!:cool:

In VI (dutch football magazine) is an interview with him where he explains the situation. He wanted to join Valencia (he agreed a contract with Valencia) but PORTO sold him to Olympiakos behind his back and Porto forced him to join Olympiakos. He said he never felt at home in Greece and with Greek football. He admitted that the argument with the coach was wrong and he felt sorry for that.
He said Greek mentality doesn't suit him and the olympiakos players are jealous at his salary...,

and who can blame him for not accepting such a HUGE SALARY.

ABOUT JOAO PINTO:

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN HIM..........!!!!!!!!! He is nowhere near Zahovic and by far in second division compared to Rui Costa. I do not like JOAO PINTO.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe i am wrong about Zahovic. But he's no Rui Costa, thats for sure. As compliment, fine, but not to replace Rui.

And JVP rulezzz, he is just major underrated cos he never left Portugal. Get him...NOW!

·
Registered
120 Posts
JVP, Zahovic, both sound great but what about a young explosive striker...Isn't that what fiorentina is truely in desperate need for and i think a overlapping defensive back would be nice also.

On another note I was at the Fiorentina v. Man U game in Firenze and bati scared man u the explosiveness that he provided makes rui that much better of a player and a new young striker might help rui decide to stay more than midfield help.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Zahovic is a great player, and he is proving it. He's one of the top players in Europe. Of course I think Rui Costa is a god, but your best scenario is to bring in either JVP or Zahovic, JVP being free transfer and keep Rui.

As far as what happened in Porto, he loves that team, and because of his ego he decided that he wanted to tell management where to send him (Valencia)...Management there didn't take to kindly to that, and sold him for the most bucks they could get, which Olympiakos delivered.
But after watching him for many years, I can say that you will not go wrong with him or JVP or even both.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If u want a young explosive striker, then how about Nuno Gomes? The guy could have had a hat trick vs England, with one goal wrongly dissallowed and another marginally offside. I think he's scored well over 50 goals for Benfica in the last three years. Ok, maybe im a little pro-portuguese here :)...but how about it peeps?

G

·
Surely no one can replace Rui. But I really feel that there's little chance we can keep him, especially he plays so well in Euro 2000, many clubs must want him. (and after him & bati, we'll also lose Toldo, chain-reacting :( )
Then we really have start with a new team, pretty hard job for Terim. I think both JVP & Zahovic are great, but they're not really playmakers. If we don't have a playmaker next season, that'll be a great problem. As Toldo said "Without Rui Costa, an outstanding player, I guess it won't be possible to strengthen the team for the next season"
About Nuno Gomes, I think he's quite impressive in the match vs England, a great finisher :cool: . And he's only gonna be 24 in July! ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
RUI COSTA IS GOOD...oh yes.....but...He should play in Fiorentina like he is playing for Portugal...---->for the team....

ZAHOVIC is OK...but nothing more. For that money(40 mil) I would buy better..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts